ADVERTISEMENT

After a long journey, we’ve hit rock bottom

LeFors4Ever

3500+
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2017
As low as we’ve been, we’ve never thought it could be worse. We never thought it get this ugly. Today I think was the final nail.

The Koron Davis embarrassment. Losing to a terrible team. And in front of an empty arena.

Why is it rock bottom? Because I think we’ve checked out. We’re numb to it now. It doesn’t shock us. And no one is pretending that we need to let the cake bake.

We’ll be here until KP is fired. But then the sun will come out again

Reactions: CardsFirst
This is a dead program. If he is not gone soon it will remain dead until the house is cleaned and sanitized and that might not be enough. Eaves, gfy. Bridgeman, gfy. Maybin, gfy. Anyone else who wants to keep this program at the bottom of the NCAA, gfy.

As low as we’ve been, we’ve never thought it could be worse. We never thought it get this ugly. Today I think was the final nail.

The Koron Davis embarrassment. Losing to a terrible team. And in front of an empty arena.

Why is it rock bottom? Because I think we’ve checked out. We’re numb to it now. It doesn’t shock us. And no one is pretending that we need to let the cake bake.

I have just watched the poorest exhibition of basketball that I've seen in 65 years of following the sport. No cohesion, no direction, no effort, no heart.

I formerly thought that the players would eventually figure it out and find a way to win 20 games, despite KP. LMAO They will struggle to win 10.

I am out. At least until the dumpster fire is over.

In the final moments of the broadcast tonight, we did have fans on camera standing and smiling. If the people left in that arena aren’t in misery, yeah, it can’t get any worse. I guess that’s good news…

In the final moments of the broadcast tonight, we did have fans on camera standing and smiling. If the people left in that arena aren’t in misery, yeah, it can’t get any worse. I guess that’s good news…
And people can say what they want, this is a total admin failure. Allowing a gold standard brand to sink this low.

Everyone who allowed this to happen should be fired. They won’t, but it goes a long way to show how bad it can be.

People talk about brands dying off and such, but look at some. Indiana didn’t immediately get this low and the only year they were bad was due to an actual probation during a time with no transfer portal. Kentucky under Gillespie still made the tournament and the NIT.

This is historical bad for even bottom dwelling power conference teams. The empty arena isn’t just a this year problem. We’re risking losing the next generation of fans. Most fans since fall of 2017 have no really good basketball memories. Season ticket holders have moved on and you can’t just get them back with 1-2 good seasons.

Kenny Payne took the job and money because why wouldn’t he? We were dumb enough to do it. I didn’t think it would be this bad.

Heck people complain about Satterfield but he had us at least in the middle of the ACC every year and competitive. We’re not even competitive.

I'm not sure it's rock bottom yet, unfortunately. Smh

And people can say what they want, this is a total admin failure. Allowing a gold standard brand to sink this low.

Everyone who allowed this to happen should be fired. They won’t, but it goes a long way to show how bad it can be...
100%, Even the worst coach in basketball--maybe in the history of basketball--can't bring a Top Ten program down this far in a little more than a year. It takes a total team effort...

If you think this is rock bottom wait until 15,000 bluebellies take over the YUM Center and they drill us by 30+. If KP is still coaching at that point you will see a total meltdown from the fanbase like non other before..

Reactions: Deeva
The administration had no choice in Hiring K.P.
A empty arena will give them just cause for a mutual separation.

It was a social experiment that went wrong. The Louisville program was and is impactful because it won. Winning or success is the core to every operation/person that thrives. It has to be priority 1. It is clear winning/success isn’t the priority.

I admit I gave him a pass in year one they talent was awful and that is proving to be accurate. I also knew he wasn’t getting fired after 1 year. After watching this mess and how he has handled the off-season winning isn’t his priority. To be honest I have no clue what his priority is as it relates to the program.

It is so bad you let it play out because he just may give Louisville the ability to fire for cause.

I have just watched the poorest exhibition of basketball that I've seen in 65 years of following the sport. No cohesion, no direction, no effort, no heart.

I formerly thought that the players would eventually figure it out and find a way to win 20 games, despite KP. LMAO They will struggle to win 10.

We’re only favored in two more games this year: Pepperdine (66.9%) and Notre Dame (53.6%).

If you think this is rock bottom wait until 15,000 bluebellies take over the YUM Center and they drill us by 30+. If KP is still coaching at that point you will see a total meltdown from the fanbase like non other before..
To me, 30+ is irrationally optimistic. My guess is the bellies hang a half hundo beat down on us at least.

I’m searching for any source of realistic hope, but it’s nowhere to be found. The question for me is how do we get a BOT, a university administration, and an athletic department that truly advocates for the Cards. I just don’t see a path to achieve that. The state won’t allow it.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
This is a dead program. If he is not gone soon it will remain dead until the house is cleaned and sanitized and that might not be enough. Eaves, gfy. Bridgeman, gfy. Maybin, gfy. Anyone else who wants to keep this program at the bottom of the NCAA, gfy.
You forgot one of the main culprits Beard. He and Eaves were the ring leaders

I like the idea of letting this clown continue to sit in his mess. He’ll do something stupid in the next month. Fire him with cause and avoid paying the buyout unless we have someone willing to pay his buyout then get it done today.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Rock bottom? Just when we think we’ve hit rock bottom KP grabs a jackhammer and some TNT and says….hold my beer!
Kenny Payne:
billy mayes GIF

• Haha
Reactions: OldhamCard335

Same here. Maybe not as many years as you (ha), but I agree with you. I thought the players would overcome their coaching to win at least 12 games. The players gave up on their coach and staff last night.

These players are not this bad. You could see in their body language that they do not believe in anything the coaches were/are saying.

This could potentially get worse. This thing is teetering on full collapse. This is not at rock bottom yet.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
To me, 30+ is irrationally optimistic. My guess is the bellies hang a half hundo beat down on us at least.
Nah, Calipayme will take it easy on us he won't want to embarrass KP.. Of course KP can take care of that himself..

And there's still a loooong season ahead. Haven't even really started ACC play yet except for one game.

Nah, Calipayme will take it easy on us he won't want to embarrass KP.. Of course KP can take care of that himself..
Calipayme? Don’t remember Cal ever being convicted of paying anyone. Your frustration needs to be directed at the true culprit, not Cal.

10?!?!?!? You have got be kidding! There is NO WAY this team wins 6 more games.

They made Ark St look like Kansas! Abused on the boards, abused on D! All the while Clark and White keep shooting shot after shot and playing no friggin D. Coaches aint doing shit! Fvck those guys! I don't have one of those bones in my body to quit! Absolutely pitiful! I coach a 5th grade team that plays 700% harder than most of the guys on this team. If I was James and Johnson I would have punched someone in the mouth after the game!

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Calipayme? Don’t remember Cal ever being convicted of paying anyone. Your frustration needs to be directed at the true culprit, not Cal.
Get the hell out of here, we sure as hell dont need UK fans on here while this joke is going on. Another reason you DO NOT HIRE A CALIPARI ASST!! Worse coaching tree in history!

I actually think Cal will take it easy on Kenny. They have the talent to beat us by 50+ but I don't think Cal wants to embarrass his future assistant coach.

10?!?!?!? You have got be kidding! There is NO WAY this team wins 6 more games.

They made Ark St look like Kansas! Abused on the boards, abused on D! All the while Clark and White keep shooting shot after shot and playing no friggin D. Coaches aint doing shit! Fvck those guys! I don't have one of those bones in my body to quit! Absolutely pitiful! I coach a 5th grade team that plays 700% harder than most of the guys on this team. If I was James and Johnson I would have punched someone in the mouth after the game!
I appreciate your efforts in youth BB. Keep it up. I coached 7th Grade girls and d__n well know they played harder. My former PG turned pilot's little sister yells at me to Move Your Feet! whenever she sees me at the gym lol. Sweet memories.

Reactions: Louis III
Buzz off you bug eating, blue bellied, slapdick. I'll direct my frustration wherever I want. Your permission is not required.

If you go back and have someone read it to you really slowly, you'll notice the point of my post was Calipayme will take it easy on his prized former assistant KP.

I actually think Cal will take it easy on Kenny. They have the talent to beat us by 50+ but I don't think Cal wants to embarrass his future assistant coach.
UK already has a bad loss. They don’t need a lousy Louisville team hanging around. Selection Committee takes note of those types of things.

I grew up in Harlan county and moved here in the 70’s.
Attended UK as a freshman.
Despite the well documented crap of the last 5 or 6 years at Louisville I firmly know (not simply believe) that UK is one of the dirtiest programs in the history of college basketball. They just have a fan base and the states political powers and media that are complicit in maintaining the myth. It’s been carefully curated over the years and folks outside and nationally are simply unaware.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT