ADVERTISEMENT

U of L as 2 seed..

This is one time that I hope this old saying does not apply: 'past performance does not guarantee future results.' Well, the stock brokers get to say it....how often are they ever wrong?

Reactions: American Male
The OP is correct. Louisville has been a 2-seed only twice before 2017. It went 5-0 in 1980 as the Midwest 2-seed and 6-0 in 1986 as the West 2-seed.
If memory serves, and at my age it often serves chopped liver, in 1980 the NCAA still sent the top seeds to their geographic region. Louisville would have been a one seed anywhere but the Midwest because LSU was also in the Midwest. The Cards, after surviving two overtime wins against Kansas State and Texas A&M, pummeled LSU by 20 in the regional championship game at Houston.

Reactions: American Male
I have read this but I didn't verify it. The Cards are 11-0 as a 2 seed and won the 1980 and 1986 NC's as a 2 seed. How's that for destiny?
The 80 team started SR Griff and 4 other players who took us to 2 more FFs; and the 86 team started 3 seniors (including fifth year Milt Wagner) and Freshman of the Year MVP Never Nervous. I don't see that on this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT