ADVERTISEMENT

Trinity

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
I am a Trinity alum so I keep up with the Shamrocks, so I am here to say that Trinity is absolutely loaded this year. They have big tight ends, a big pro style quarterback who is really impressive, 2 solid running backs, 300 pound linemen, etc. However I don’t see CSS and staff making any inroads to the Trinity campus.
Trinity has always provided Louisville with some impressive athletes. I hope CSS and staff take the effort to go after these kids. I would hate to see Purdue and sUcK continue to cherry pick in our backyard.

Reactions: cardrock
I’m quite sure if a kid, regardless of where he plays, will get CSS and his staff’s attention IF they are deemed good enough to play at the P5 level. Just because these kids are at Trinity, or any other of the premiere programs, doesn’t mean they are ready to play at UofL in the ACC.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

I am a Trinity alum so I keep up with the Shamrocks, so I am here to say that Trinity is absolutely loaded this year. They have big tight ends, a big pro style quarterback who is really impressive, 2 solid running backs, 300 pound linemen, etc. However I don’t see CSS and staff making any inroads to the Trinity campus.
Trinity has always provided Louisville with some impressive athletes. I hope CSS and staff take the effort to go after these kids. I would hate to see Purdue and sUcK continue to cherry pick in our backyard.
I remember from last year Trinity had a 6'7" Olineman that was a junior. I was hoping the Cards were giving him a good look

Hmmmmm does he play roundball?

Aren’t they, given they recruit, loaded every year?

I’m quite sure if a kid, regardless of where he plays, will get CSS and his staff’s attention IF they are deemed good enough to play at the P5 level. Just because these kids are at Trinity, or any other of the premiere programs, doesn’t mean they are ready to play at UofL in the ACC.

I don’t think his point was to just look at Trinity because they put out good players, I think he wants this staff to look into their own backyard unlike the previous staff..

Exactly right nccardfan.

I don’t think his point was to just look at Trinity because they put out good players, I think he wants this staff to look into their own backyard unlike the previous staff..

And I totally agree with both of you. It appears that CSS and staff have a really good relationship with the local HS coaches. And we all need to hope that that continues.

Given there isn't a kid from Louisville on the current 22 player commitment list for 2021, it seems the answer is they are not. At least, not for the time being. Once the high school season starts up, that could possibly change.

Unfortunately this will be a strong recruiting class in Kentucky so I guess we will miss out on some really good local talent.

Given there isn't a kid from Louisville on the current 22 player commitment list for 2021, it seems the answer is they are not. At least, not for the time being. Once the high school season starts up, that could possibly change.

Technically correct, but we do have one local commit (from Floyd’s Knobs).

Reactions: TDredbird and gocds
are you saying CSS and staff have not reached out to Trinity to talk/Zoom with the kids? Coaches remain in a period of no visits with recruits. So not sure the concern.

I‘m looking forward to seeing some games this year. My daughter is on the THS Cheer team, so we get two tickets to each game. My first game to attend will be Male (next week).

Technically correct, but we do have one local commit (from Floyd’s Knobs).
I saw that THE Ohio St offered him recently. Hope his relationship with the UofL staff keeps him here. Seems like a great kid and it appears he has worked hard to improve.

are you saying CSS and staff have not reached out to Trinity to talk/Zoom with the kids? Coaches remain in a period of no visits with recruits. So not sure the concern.

I‘m looking forward to seeing some games this year. My daughter is on the THS Cheer team, so we get two tickets to each game. My first game to attend will be Male (next week).
I too am going to the game. I wonder if it will be played. Even though it is at Trinity, JCPS has imposed draconian restrictions on its schools.

Reactions: 1stKatMan
Maybe during a pandemic, “draconian” measures aren’t unreasonable. 190,000 Americans might agree???

They might have. But, they are dead. Vote!
It is my understanding that Trinity is attempting to follow the Governor's guidelines by limiting attendance to percentage of the total capacity. It is my understanding that as recent as two weeks ago, JCPS limited attendance to parents, faculty and staff. If Trinity is fostering the pandemic then we Cardinal fans should not be going to UL's games as limited by the Governor's guidelines.

My wife was “exposed”, tested negative, and was still required by the Health Dept to quarantine for 14 days.

She asked if I needed testing and quarantined and they said “no, that’s not necessary”. She asked them why not if I’m living with her daily. They said “If we required that, EVERYONE would be quarantined!!!!! :rolleyes:

So is it REALLY serious enough to shut down the country or not?

190,000 families might want to know.

Reactions: rh62531
My wife was “exposed”, tested negative, and was still required by the Health Dept to quarantine for 14 days.

She asked if I needed testing and quarantined and they said “no, that’s not necessary”. She asked them why not if I’m living with her daily. They said “If we required that, EVERYONE would be quarantined!!!!! :rolleyes:

So is it REALLY serious enough to shut down the country or not?

190,000 families might want to know.

We are 7 months into a 100 year pandemic that's killed almost 200,000 Americans, has infected millions with possible crippling long term effects for those at risk, and people are still asking is it serious enough? What exactly does the virus need to do for people to wake the hell up?

Last edited:
It is my understanding that Trinity is attempting to follow the Governor's guidelines by limiting attendance to percentage of the total capacity. It is my understanding that as recent as two weeks ago, JCPS limited attendance to parents, faculty and staff. If Trinity is fostering the pandemic then we Cardinal fans should not be going to UL's games as limited by the Governor's guidelines.

This Cardinal fan isn't going to the games. I don't go to Trinity games, either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT