ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers and Notable recruits

Mar 11, 2009
Was bored and started looking in to some of the guys that transferred and some former recruits/commits. Wanted to share. Some might find this interesting. Sorry for looking so messy. Threw this together quickly.

Transfers:

Akoy Agau – Georgetown - torn ACL in Oct. Will not play this year for Georgetown. I had no idea he tore his ACL and wanted to share in case others didn't either.

Angel Nunez – went to Gonzaga then USF – in two years at the Zags he averaged 7 and 6 mins per game. At USF this year he is averaging 28 mins per game. 8pts, 5 rebs, 1 block, .4 steal, 38% FGs and 64% FTs (was supposed to be the next Francisco)

Zach Price – Winthrop – 17.5 mins a game (6th or 7th on the team in minutes), 5.3 points, 4.6 rebs,

Trent Gilbert – I know he was here for like 5 minutes. I saw that he transferred to Gulf Coast State College in January but he is not on their roster for 2015-16. I wonder what happened there.

Former notable Recruits:

Antonio Blakeney – LSU - 32 mins per game, 12 points, 4 rebs, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1.1 turnovers. 35 percent FGs and 28 percent from 3. They are 4-3 with losses to 3 unranked teams and are unranked after being ranked at the bottom to the top 25 in both polls.

Jaquan Lyle – Ohio State – 29 mins per game, 9 points, 4 rebs, 5 assists, 1 steal, 3 turnovers, 57 percent at the FT line!, 37 percent from the field and 29 percent from 3. Currently 4-5 with losses to good teams and horrible teams.

Maverick Rowan – NC State -34 mins per game, 15 points, 4 rebs, .8 assist, .8 steal, 1.4 turnover. Interesting stats for a knockdown shooter. 42 percent from the field. 72 percent from the line. 35 percent from 3. They are 5-3 with a loss in the first game to William and Mary and their best win was over LSU, who sucks (see above) They also beat Zach Price’s Winthrop..

Perry Dozier – South Carolina - 19 mins per game. 7 points, 4 rebs, 2 assists, 1.5 steals, 40 percent from the field. 39 percent from the FT line!, 43 percent from 3. They are undefeated. No notable wins though. He looks like he is their 6th man.

Rodney Purvis – Uconn – I know it was a few years back but he did commit and could have been on the championship team. Redshirted during UConn’s championship year. 28 mins per game (2nd most on team by .5 mins), 14 points, 3 rebs, 3 assists, .6 steal, 1.7 turnovers. 47 percent from the field. 48 percent from the FT line!, 41 percent from 3. They are 6-3 but all good losses (Gonzaga, Maryland and Cuse).

Thanks for the updates. I wasn't sure if Price was still playing ball after those incidents that happened. Yeah I remember people hoping Nunez would be the next Garcia.

EDIT: Sorry to hear about Agau's injury as well. I hope he has a full recovery and is able to continue playing basketball.

Last edited:
Price was another reason I posted this. I had no idea he was still playing either. Seems like he was playing with T-will and Earl lol

Rowan and Dozier were misses I wish we hit. But hey they went where they wanted to go, good luck to them, they will be very good college players.

Blakeney is terrible. It's hard to believe Pitino recruited him so hard, he is a bad shot magnet. In fact, Pitino's heavy recruitment of Blakeney makes me really wonder how involved Pitino actually is in recruiting. The guy is the exact opposite of the kind of player that Pitino seems to want.

Wishing all the guys that transferred out the best.

Rowan and Dozier were misses I wish we hit. But hey they went where they wanted to go, good luck to them, they will be very good college players.

Blakeney is terrible. It's hard to believe Pitino recruited him so hard, he is a bad shot magnet. In fact, Pitino's heavy recruitment of Blakeney makes me really wonder how involved Pitino actually is in recruiting. The guy is the exact opposite of the kind of player that Pitino seems to want.

Wishing all the guys that transferred out the best.

I like Rowan game but he's getting more minutes at NC State than he would here. And next year we have King coming in. He would have been nice to have on the roster.

^^^
Agree I like our team and the players we have. Of the players we "missed" on Rowan and Dozier would have been good fits to the program in some capacity. Blakeney would have been a chemistry killer.

Really wanted Rowan at the time but knowing that he wanted guaranteed minutes, it's probably best he's where he's at instead of here. Pulling against LSU except against the kitties, would prefer to see Blakeney miss the tourney and then go to D-league.

^^^
Agree I like our team and the players we have. Of the players we "missed" on Rowan and Dozier would have been good fits to the program in some capacity. Blakeney would have been a chemistry killer.

I agree both would have helped us and would have fit good into the program. I don't think Blakeney or Lyles woud have been a very good fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT