ADVERTISEMENT

Your Take On The 2 Redshirts

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Aly Khalifa and Kobe Rodgers?

Heard some people saying it's wasting two scholarships and they should've gotten another young guard to play this season.

Heard some people saying it's wasting two scholarships and they should've gotten another young guard to play this season.
If Khalifa pulls a Padgett can he play even with the redshirt? If so he could make a difference for the later part of the season.

Reactions: rh62531
My take: Time will tell...however this is a smart move by the coach and players alike. Time to rehab their injuries...be a part of the team and help create the desired comraderie as well as gain insight into the system being put in place by the staff. Win-win situation to me. Putting some skin into the game by both parties.

My take: Time will tell...however this is a smart move by the coach and players alike. Time to rehab their injuries...be a part of the team and help create the desired comraderie as well as gain insight into the system being put in place by the staff. Win-win situation to me. Putting some skin into the game by both parties.
Great point especially with the continuing factor and so much roster turnover.
Although in a perfect world I would like to see Aiden get one for his last year. Since he has been there longer than probably anyone on staff. He’s been through it all and yet he’s still a UofL Cardinal through and through

Reactions: Mayoman
Yeah, I kind of like the situation. It allows two players Kelsey likes to rehab and get experience with the system so that we're not starting totally from scratch next year. There's still 11 other scholarship players, should be enough, and we might even work a good walk-on situation, especially with NIL still being in play and maybe we have some NIL left after not going overboard on a couple of possibilities.

Reactions: shadow force

Your Take On The 2 Redshirts-​

i generally wear a Large but sometimes the XL fits better, and i like to combine with white or black pants. but probably not worth more than $19.99 each. thanks for asking

weren't both rehabbing and in most cases last 2 players on the bench never see action so they get a year to heal and learn and hopefully the love it and thrive.

Reactions: shadow force
I don't mind the redshirts as no coach regularly plays 12 or 13 guys anyway. Could've maybe used another PG but I think the team will still be really good.

I know you can't predict who stays or goes in the portal age, but ideally CPK has Khalifa, Rodgers, Rooths, Scott, and maybe Johnson come back next season ready to play instead of starting from scratch 2 years in a row.

Great point especially with the continuing factor and so much roster turnover.
Although in a perfect world I would like to see Aiden get one for his last year. Since he has been there longer than probably anyone on staff. He’s been through it all and yet he’s still a UofL Cardinal through and through
No way. Why waste a scholarship on a walk-on that's not going play.

How many times last year did we go into games with eight or fewer scholarship players? Of course, we all know how well that turned out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT