ADVERTISEMENT

Today the.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're trying too hard. Everything doesn't have to harken back to the pre-clown era, nor is this a damning indictment of Satterfield whom I actually like.

It's simply my unwillingness to accept apologies and excuses for every adverse event that happens nowadays. And that's what the "talent" argument is in large part...
Then what is not an “excuse”? If we say the players aren’t good enough, it’s an excuse. You say the coaches aren’t good enough, it’s not an excuse?

That's not proven because it never went that far. They refused to pay him based on language in his contract.

And the point is they tried not to honor it. In fact, didn't honor it until he pushed back. Again, per language in his contract.

I think you'll find plenty of people here who think Petrino did more wrong than simply lose games, maybe that he tried to lose games, didn't do the things a coach is supposed to be doing. And where was the effort to enforce the applicable language in his contract?

Jurich also did nothing involving an NCAA violation, so that argument doesn't apply to him. They still tried not to pay him.

Clown arguments and tactics don't hang together. Or as I like to say, dots that don't connect. The kinda stuff that clowns do....

You’re welcome to this viewpoint, even if all of it is wrong and none of it fits with any of the evidence we have right in front of us. You have not ever presented one shred of actionable evidence that Bobby Petrino failed to honor his contract. Apparently, Vince Tyra and the ULAA agree with you that there isn’t any.

Enjoy whatever satisfaction you gain from living in whatever fantasy world you’ve created around these events. I’m done with this issue until the day you actually provide some evidence that Petrino broke his contract.

Reactions: BPGhost
Talent matters most of the time. The team with more wins especially when there is a significant talent gap. I think 45 4/5 stars compared to 12 illustrates that pretty clearly.

The next factor is does that team with more talent play to level or down. Miami played to their talent level. It was an extremely clean game for Miami. Combine that with a team with less talent doesn’t play at or above their talent level you get this kind of result. Happens every week in college football and even pro’s.

Thus Saturday will tell us a lot about the “culture” shift.
That was a 30+ point drubbing going into the 4th quarter. That's not talent primarily...

Then what is not an “excuse”? If we say the players aren’t good enough, it’s an excuse. You say the coaches aren’t good enough, it’s not an excuse?
There's a current resistance to avoid criticizing the new regime and its direct output. That undermines the credibility of those opinions.

I like Satterfield and think he's doing a fine job. That doesn't prevent me from saying he and his coaches shat the bed on Saturday along with the guys he inherited.

See, that wasn't so hard...

Reactions: Law007
You’re welcome to this viewpoint, even if all of it is wrong and none of it fits with any of the evidence we have right in front of us. You have not ever presented one shred of actionable evidence that Bobby Petrino failed to honor his contract...
I'm not taking credit for this or claim it's 100% accurate, but how about the popular view that he didn't recruit with due diligence? Evidence as basic as not having meetings? Without dissecting it, are you saying there aren't grounds in his contract that he has to dutifully perform his job?
... Apparently, Vince Tyra and the ULAA agree with you that there isn’t any...
This I do know... "Vince" took all of 24 hours to decide Petrino had to be paid freaking $14 million. He's 100% responsible for that decision.
...Enjoy whatever satisfaction you gain from living in whatever fantasy world you’ve created around these events. I’m done with this issue until the day you actually provide some evidence that Petrino broke his contract.
I just presented you with several facts/pieces of info. You're the guy in denial...

I'm not taking credit for this or claim it's 100% accurate, but how about the popular view that he didn't recruit with due diligence? Evidence as basic as not having meetings? Without dissecting it, are you saying there aren't grounds in his contract that he has to dutifully perform his job?

This I do know... "Vince" took all of 24 hours to decide Petrino had to be paid freaking $14 million. He's 100% responsible for that decision.

I just presented you with several facts/pieces of info. You're the guy in denial...

Since you’re the ONLY guy on here screaming that we should not be paying him, why don’t you send Vince all of these “facts/pieces of info” and let him discuss with the ULAA whether any of it is grounds for withholding any future payments to Petrino?

One thing is certain ... he’d definitely welcome anything that would reduce athletic department liabilities at this point.

Since you’re the ONLY guy on here screaming that we should not be paying him, why don’t you send Vince all of these “facts/pieces of info” and let him discuss with the ULAA whether any of it is grounds for withholding any future payments to Petrino?

One thing is certain ... he’d definitely welcome anything that would reduce athletic department liabilities at this point.
It's not my job to make or save "Vince" money. I might recommend that he try to make more of it since he sure knows how to spend it...

ULAA-operating-expenses.jpg

C'mon guys, the answer is blatantly obvious here. UL needs to fire Vince immediately and hire Zipp, hell, he has all the answers! He has my vote....

It's not my job to make or save "Vince" money. I might recommend that he try to make more of it since he sure knows how to spend it...

ULAA-operating-expenses.jpg

Well THAT pretty much tells us all that you know your “info” isn’t worth passing on. Welcome to the real world!

Well THAT pretty much tells us all that you know your “info” isn’t worth passing on. Welcome to the real world!
"My info" is from audited financial reports that U of L publishes. I'll link those if you'd like. And if you have other financial data, feel free to present it...

And not to digress further, but think about that graph for a minute... Expenses last year went up $23 million. I doubt you'll find many athletics departments in the country that saw that level of increase in expenses.

But don't talk to me about Petrino's contract. The incremental expense was Satterfield's $3 million. That leaves $20 million or so that had nothing to do with the football head coach.

"Vince" is turning out to be more of a spendthrift fanboy than I ever imagined...

Last edited:

WRONG !

ULAA is responsible for the agreed contract payout, signed prior to Tyra's tenure.

And not to digress further, but think about that graph for a minute... Expenses last year went up $23 million. I doubt you'll find many athletics departments in the country that saw that level of increase in expenses.

But don't talk to me about Petrino's contract. The incremental expense was Satterfield's $3 million. That leaves $20 million or so that had nothing to do with the football head coach.

"Vince" is turning out to be more of a spendthrift fanboy than I ever imagined...

From the financial audit report:

“Total operating expenses increased by $22.7 million, or 19%, in the current year. The majority of this increase was related to contractual payments to the prior football coaching staff. Other sources of increase include additional staffing to support the Cardinal Athletic Fund and Ticket Sales, additional expenses related to baseball post season and College World Series and expenses associated with moving Golf, Equipment and Transportation operations to the new Lee Street facility.”

From the financial audit report:

“Total operating expenses increased by $22.7 million, or 19%, in the current year. The majority of this increase was related to contractual payments to the prior football coaching staff. Other sources of increase include additional staffing to support the Cardinal Athletic Fund and Ticket Sales, additional expenses related to baseball post season and College World Series and expenses associated with moving Golf, Equipment and Transportation operations to the new Lee Street facility.”
Yeah, I’ve read the report. A few million is the head coach’s contract. That leaves around $20 million to account for as extraordinary expenses. Those numbers don’t add up unless you have additional info that makes sense.

Yeah, I’ve read the report. A few million is the head coach’s contract. That leaves around $20 million to account for as extraordinary expenses. Those numbers don’t add up unless you have additional info that makes sense.

Buying out the prior football staff, no?

The "Vince" remark is classic paranoia, although he's ultimately responsible for what we see on the field...

Best point you ever made. Satt has already won 3 more games than most people on this board thought he would win and barring a disaster we're going to a bowl game, after that happens just remember Vince is responsible.

Don't worry, if you're to busy making charts and graphs to remember I'll be around to remind you..

Best point you ever made. Satt has already won 3 more games than most people on this board thought he would win and barring a disaster we're going to a bowl game, after that happens just remember Vince is responsible.

Don't worry, if you're to busy making charts and graphs to remember I'll be around to remind you..
"Vince" is responsible for everything in athletics, not just the sports and time frames you wanna select. And his biggest accountability is the business side of athletics...

Change-in-Net-Position-2019.jpg

OK another million. Maybe...

The 2019 Operating Expenses for Football increased by $14M per the financials and I don’t see any liability increases so it looks like they booked all the Petrino buyout as expense in 2019. I’m not a CPA but that’s how it looks per the financials.

Last edited:
"Vince" is responsible for everything in athletics, not just the sports and time frames you wanna select. And his biggest accountability is the business side of athletics...

I'm about wins and losses I know I can always count on you for graphs.

The 2019 Operating Expenses for Football increased by $14M per the financials and I don’t see any liability increases so it looks like they booked all the Petrino buyout in 2019. I’m not a CPA but that’s how it looks per the financials.
You're actually not looking at the correct statement IMO. Unless the money was paid out (to Petrino), it's still within the department as an asset even if they take it as an expense in one year.

The annual change in net position shows where athletics equity stood at the beginning and end of the year. And the last two years since "Vince" took over, it's gone down $15+ million per year...

You're actually not looking at the correct statement IMO. Unless the money was paid out (to Petrino), it's still within the department as an asset even if they take it as an expense in one year.

The annual change in net position shows where athletics equity stood at the beginning and end of the year. And the last two years since "Vince" took over, it's gone down $15+ million per year...

I’m referencing your Operating Expense graph which is where this discussion sprang from. It appears that the increase in Operating Expenses are primarily football-related (page 12 of audit report) and specifically are payments to employees (page 13 of audit report).

I’m referencing your Operating Expense graph which is where this discussion sprang from. It appears that the increase in Operating Expenses are primarily football-related (page 12 of audit report) and specifically are payments to employees (page 13 of audit report).
"Vince" still spent the money regardless whether it appears in 2019 or the next couple years. You're getting hung up on the RATE of change.

That's why net position is the more accurate way to look at it. The "wealth" or value of your athletics department has declined by $30+ million in two years--and is probably still declining if we could get interim numbers.

And the knife cuts both ways. Even if the ULAA expensed the money up front, they're looking at a simlar item in 2020 for Pizza Guy's naming rights buyout. That's another $10 million. Eventually these numbers mean something...

"Vince" still spent the money regardless whether it appears in 2019 or the next couple years. You're getting hung up on the RATE of change.

That's why net position is the more accurate way to look at it. The "wealth" or value of your athletics department has declined by $30+ million in two years--and is probably still declining if we could get interim numbers.

And the knife cuts both ways. Even if the ULAA expensed the money up front, they're looking at a simlar item in 2020 for Pizza Guy's naming rights buyout. That's another $10 million. Eventually these numbers mean something...

Actually I’m just pointing out that you seemingly don’t know the numbers as well as you thought. You created a graph and yet your narrative apparently wasn’t true. I admire your attempt to deflect and then have the audacity to say that “You’re getting hung up on the RATE of change”. How about you get your narrative straight before you start casting dispersions.

Reactions: Cardiac Red

Unfortunately at some point, the bills for all of the poor decisions made by the previous administration we’re going to come due. Rather than recognize that simple fact for what it is, apologists for the former leadership group, will erroneously and disingenuously try to shift blame to those people tasked with cleaning up the mess. Fortunately for the university, it’s supporters and fans, the people in charge are far smarter and more capable than the apologists, clearly have a comprehensive plan and, are following through with that plan.

The apologists? Without the full context, all they can do is sadly try and spin the bits that are released.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Actually I’m just pointing out that you seemingly don’t know the numbers as well as you thought. You created a graph and yet your narrative apparently wasn’t true. I admire your attempt to deflect and then have the audacity to say that “You’re getting hung up on the RATE of change”. How about you get your narrative straight before you start casting dispersions.
Zipps motto: "When proven wrong and backed into a corner, deflect and change the subject.."

"Dispersions"... LOL.

No, I know the numbers just fine. I said "Vince" knows how to spend money. That's what the graph shows. YOU'RE trying to explain away the numbers...

Last edited:
Unfortunately at some point, the bills for all of the poor decisions made by the previous administration we’re going to come due. Rather than recognize that simple fact for what it is, apologists for the former leadership group, will erroneously and disingenuously try to shift blame to those people tasked with cleaning up the mess. Fortunately for the university, it’s supporters and fans, the people in charge are far smarter and more capable than the apologists, clearly have a comprehensive plan and, are following through with that plan.

The apologists? Without the full context, all they can do is sadly try and spin the bits that are released.
It's not about spending the money in a vacuum--"paying the bills". It's about NET. It's about MAKING money to pay the bills. Your guy can't do that (see the red bars)...

It's not about spending the money in a vacuum--"paying the bills". It's about NET. It's about MAKING money to pay the bills. Your guy can't do that (see the red bars)...

If that is truly the case, then it's a shame that your guy saddled him with so much debt in the form of poorly negotiated contracts. At the end of the day, I'm not worried and certainly not going to start worrying based on something said by someone who has less than half of the information and simply has an axe to grind.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
If that is truly the case, then it's a shame that your guy saddled him with so much debt in the form of poorly negotiated contracts. At the end of the day, I'm not worried and certainly not going to start worrying based on something said by someone who has less than half of the information and simply has an axe to grind.
"Vince" inherited the best financial condition that U of L athletics had ever been in. Arguing otherwise is a joke. Your guy was simply called up to the big leagues, and he wasn't ready--and probably won't ever be ready...

baseball-slapdick.jpg

"Dispersions"... LOL.

No, I know the numbers just fine. I said "Vince" knows how to spend money. That's what the graph shows. YOU'RE trying to explain away the numbers...

Nope. I said that the increased expense was primarily related to paying off football coaches and you said it wasn’t. You went with this mistruth because you want to perpetuate this narrative that Tyra is frivolously spending. Your assertion was false. You were misinformed. Instead of owning your mistake you attempt to deflect. I’m not just gonna let you off the hook. Here’s your opportunity to admit you were wrong.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Nope. I said that the increased expense was primarily related to paying off football coaches and you said it wasn’t. You went with this mistruth because you want to perpetuate this narrative that Tyra is frivolously spending. Your assertion was false. You were misinformed. Instead of owning your mistake you attempt to deflect. I’m not just gonna let you off the hook. Here’s your opportunity to admit you were wrong.
I'm not wrong about anything. I report what the accountants report like the data in the graphs. Everything else is what we--including you--speculate on/about.

You want me to say "I'm wrong" with respect to you. Good luck with that...

Last edited:
I'm not wrong about anything. I report what the accounts report like the data in the graphs. Everything else is what we--including you--speculate on/about.

You want me to say "I'm wrong" with respect to you. Good luck with that...

Well you are wrong with attacking the current administration for the shortcomings of the previous administration. Regardless if you admit to being wrong or not everyone on this board realizes it. You can continue to entertain the fantasy that you are smarter than everyone here, that’s your choice, but stop trying to blow smoke up our asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT