ADVERTISEMENT

Tobiah Hughley interview

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Has anyone seen the clip of Hughley's interview about LJ's Heisman Award? To quote, "the offensive line, we feel like we won that award for him". I'm sure he meant in a different sort of way but I'm thinking he won it "in spite of" the OL.

So many options, I wouldn't know where to start............... or finish.......... LOL

He's a good kid.

May not be what some want as a Center, but will do ok in life.

If BOBBY PETRINO had recruited anybody better wouldn't they be playing?

You gotta take the bad with the good. He has the final say on recruits and coaches.

The OL is his baby too.

It not all on Klenakis.

Reactions: Mayoman
He did help Lamar against Houston by hollering "look out Lamar" about 20 times.

All kidding aside, there were games when the offensive line played well, just not against Virginia, Houston, Wake Forest and part of the Clemson game. Much better than last year but they need to make an even bigger leap next season.

Not sure who Hughley's replacement will be but I remember when BP got mad at him at NC State and replaced him for one series with TC Klusman and it was ugly. Defensive tackles went in untouched to the QB.

All kidding aside, there were games when the offensive line played well, just not against Virginia, Houston, Wake Forest and part of the Clemson game. Much better than last year but they need to make an even bigger leap next season.

Not sure who Hughley's replacement will be but I remember when BP got mad at him at NC State and replaced him for one series with TC Klusman and it was ugly. Defensive tackles went in untouched to the QB.
accprding to zipp, bpghost and many on this site, our offensive line is amazing and needs no changes.

accprding to zipp, bpghost and many on this site, our offensive line is amazing and needs no changes.
Actually, according to 'zipp', we have a lotta people in this space talking about what needs to be done who don't know WTH they're talking about.

Now, back to the thread...

Maybe Tobijah was simply focusing on the positive by relating what Lamar told him--like the A+ grade he gave that unit after the FSU game. Since we're pulling out one game's results, and that process cuts both ways...

Maybe Tobijah was simply focusing on the positive by relating what Lamar told him--like the A+ grade he gave that unit after the FSU game. Since we're pulling out one game's results, and that process cuts both ways...
As I said, the offensive line played really well most of the year and was drastically better than last year. That's not totally surprising considering how young we were last year outside of Hughley.

If you want to make the leap from 9-3 to The CFP, it's going to happen if the guys in the trenches can take another step forward and be more consistent. Unless you just count on Clemson and FSU having off years next season. Doubtful.

Electrifying, best in the nation, Heisman Trophy winning QB? Check, Talented skill players? Check, Solid defense with lots of talent returning? Check, Top notch play caller? Check.

What's missing?

As I said, the offensive line played really well most of the year and was drastically better than last year. That's not totally surprising considering how young we were last year outside of Hughley.

If you want to make the leap from 9-3 to The CFP, it's going to happen if the guys in the trenches can take another step forward and be more consistent. Unless you just count on Clemson and FSU having off years next season. Doubtful.

Electrifying, best in the nation, Heisman Trophy winning QB? Check, Talented skill players? Check, Solid defense with lots of talent returning? Check, Top notch play caller? Check.

What's missing?
completely agree.
but according to the hall moniter we dont know jack.

Make the Hall Monitor plus one! There are a lot of people of this board that don't know jack!

Reactions: zipp
Make the Hall Monitor plus one! There are a lot of people of this board that don't know jack!
Lemmy-Whiskey.jpg

well I know Jack, and I know that Lamar will have an even better year with a college level offensive line.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I'm not too sure beas understood the post he liked...

"As I said, the offensive line played really well most of the year and was drastically better than last year..."

I admit. I laughed out loud! That loss as painful and disappointing as it was has melted away (and the UofK loss too for that matter) since Lamar brought home the Heisman Trophy and put the UofL football program squarely on a course towards the playoffs next year. We WILL be there if the O-line improves and Lamar can take better care of the football.

I admit. I laughed out loud! That loss as painful and disappointing as it was has melted away (and the UofK loss too for that matter) since Lamar brought home the Heisman Trophy and put the UofL football program squarely on a course towards the playoffs next year. We WILL be there if the O-line improves and Lamar can take better care of the football.
Well we will have 3 possibly 4 first time starters so we shall see. Hmmmm

Reactions: beasleythecard
Fail.

I've consistently said that major improvements need to be made with our OL but I will say that I think that they have about 100% better chance of becoming a good unit, than you do of ever being able to tell the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground.

Reactions: zipp
That's the problem, beas. You don't know what you're talking about, and you keep posting to prove it...

Reactions: BPGhost
Lamar said A+ in our biggest win. And that guy's one tough grader.

Lamar or beas, beas or Lamar? Who has more credibility??

:cool:

Reactions: gocds and BPGhost
Lamar said A+ in our biggest win. And that guy's one tough grader.

Lamar or beas, beas or Lamar? Who has more credibility??

:cool:
i see that you are trying to make this different than what you said. I am over it. you say one thing then change the entire basis of your argument to fit your narritive when you were proven dead wrong.

lets move on from your butthurt. can you at least be that mature?

Reactions: football follies
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT