ADVERTISEMENT

To the talk shows, and fans touting a playoff...............

beasleythecard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 7, 2007
louisville
thank you for your elitist, snobbish drivel....... I am sure the kids did not hear any of it.

We are going to drop after this display.

coaches look lost and cant stop an inside dive.........

offense has great success with jeremy smith and we treat him like he has ebola.

hopefully we pull this game out.

Reactions: jmac1029
A win is a win, and there is no such thing as a 'bad' win. Still, this performance was sub par compared to the other 5 games played. Lamar Jackson had 320+yards and 2 TD's while playing poorly. LOL. That stat right there tells me we're spoiled. :D

In-game posting can be hazardous to your health.

A lotta football left to be played. We're barely 50% there.

Stay the course...

Reactions: beasleythecard
LoL @ OP.

Three years ago, #7 Alabama went to Fayetteville and beat the unranked Hawgs 14-13.
Bama ended up making the playoffs. Not saying that the Cards will, however this wont
affect anything.

Clemson beat Troy 30-24. Theyre currently projected to the playoffs.

The Cards play one or two these type games every year. Usually they lose. Play your "C" game
and win. Not the way want but they won.

Playoff talk had nothing to do with this. Duke executed their game plan. UofL didnt yet
still prevailed. All that matters.

I'll play the "If" game.

If Ratcliffe doesn't cough up the ball on about the 7 yard line the Cards would have led 24-7. That play was huge because it allowed Duke to continue with their "grind it out" ground attack game plan. Forcing their freshman QB to play hurry up and pass the ball would have played into our hands. But, the fumble negated that.

I am not sure Ratcliffe will ever earn Bobby's trust back the remainder of the season. I think Smith may be in line to be our feature back going forward. For Ratcliffe's sake I hope not, but he's got to eliminate the fumbles.

thank you for your elitist, snobbish drivel....... I am sure the kids did not hear any of it.

We are going to drop after this display.

coaches look lost and cant stop an inside dive.........

offense has great success with jeremy smith and we treat him like he has ebola.

hopefully we pull this game out.
I'm guessing you've never played football. We are everyone's super bowl from here on out. We need to show up

Reactions: beasleythecard
I'll play the "If" game.

If Ratcliffe doesn't cough up the ball on about the 7 yard line the Cards would have led 24-7. That play was huge because it allowed Duke to continue with their "grind it out" ground attack game plan. Forcing their freshman QB to play hurry up and pass the ball would have played into our hands. But, the fumble negated that.

I am not sure Ratcliffe will ever earn Bobby's trust back the remainder of the season. I think Smith may be in line to be our feature back going forward. For Ratcliffe's sake I hope not, but he's got to eliminate the fumbles.
Yep. I think we've seen the last of Radcliffe as the feature back. CBP was furious over that fumble. He literally turned red in the face.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I'll play the "If" game.

I would demote him to the practice team. the fumble against clemson cost us, the fumble last night cost us. Let him sit on the bench for a few games..................... unacceptable

I agree he needs to sit a while. There are consequences for fumbles.

I'm just thinking he's probably much more down on himself as we/you are.

One thing I'm as much concerned about is CBP's play calling and clock management. It played HUGE in the Clemson loss, and could have been last night.

I hope our offensive genius isn't starting to out think himself.

I'll play the "If" game.

That was a huge fumble. Yep it allowed Duke to stay on track. I felt we left alot of plays out there that could have busted it open. I think we have an awesome football team but we are kinda sloppy. We have a high number of turnovers and penalties. That's polar opposite of Alabama or OSU. We gotta clean it up.

I don't know why these guys don't put two arms around the ball when in heavy traffic. Duke was clearly trying to strip on every play. Basic fundamentals.
We got a major break on the Hikkitini (sp?) fumble. That could (should) have been a disaster. That was a quick whistle that usually goes against us. At least Ratcliffe's ended up on Duke's 2.

In case anyone's forgotten, Jeremy Smith has occasionally had fumble-itis as well...
That's true. We've had a few current players put it on the turf more than they should have. I know the ball was wet last night, but that's when you have to use both hands to secure the ball. Carrying the ball like a loaf of bread is a recipe for disaster.

So, you think it's just our fans who talked us up? Not the case.

We won the game.

If some people thought we were going to blow out every ACC opponent, that's on them. The way games have gone today all across the conference demonstrate why that's not the case. Doesn't mean the good teams won't rise to the top.

So, you think it's just our fans who talked us up? Not the case.

We won the game.

If some people thought we were going to blow out every ACC opponent, that's on them. The way games have gone today all across the conference demonstrate why that's not the case. Doesn't mean the good teams won't rise to the top.
I think i will stop posting from the stands on drink number whatever.

it is with 100% certainty that this win serves as a wake up to the coaches to do their job. they mailed this week in.

The hysterics of some here are so predictable. They just can't give any credit to the opponent and every mistake or bad play deserves some punishment to be handed out by the coaches they also blame. As for Brandon's fumbles they have came at a bad time but he has not had a history of fumbling. Sometimes the defense hits the ball just right in all that traffic. We all see how Lamar holds the ball when he runs. He could fumble at any time if he is hit just right.

This game was a perfect balance of Duke's ball control strategy and a few hiccups with the Cards offense. It wasn't this disaster of playing or coaching. The only charge I have is the team wasn't fired up for Duke. Guys think they are but it's just human nature that deep inside you know you're favorite by 35 points against this team. It's something this program has to get by and we'll see later this season when we play Wake Forest at home.

Not for one minute do I think the coaches or the players mailed this game in. I do believe Petrino didn't anticipate Duke's ball control strategy and called plays early to score fast to take them out of it. It would have worked had Jackson not overthrown Towbridge by being too cute with his deception. Personally, I put most of the offensive woes on Jackson. He erred several times on the zone read and his accuracy was off on throws he should have made. But his talent is so awesome he still did enough to win the game.

I picked one game on this schedule that I thought would be a game like this. It wasn't Duke but it's hard to be on top of your game every game. I thought it would be NC State and now the Wolfpack visit next week after blowing a win against Clemson. I doubt very seriously they will employ Duke's slow ball strategy but they will be a challenge. I think the Cards got their bad game out of their system and will perform much better.

Reactions: tkdcoach
I picked one game on this schedule that I thought would be a game like this. It wasn't Duke but it's hard to be on topof your game every game.

I can almost guarantee the WF game will be similar to this. They always give us fits and it's always a sloppy, close game.

The hysterics of some here are so predictable. They just can't give any credit to the opponent and every mistake or bad play deserves some punishment to be handed out by the coaches they also blame. As for Brandon's fumbles they have came at a bad time but he has not had a history of fumbling. Sometimes the defense hits the ball just right in all that traffic. We all see how Lamar holds the ball when he runs. He could fumble at any time if he is hit just right.

This game was a perfect balance of Duke's ball control strategy and a few hiccups with the Cards offense. It wasn't this disaster of playing or coaching. The only charge I have is the team wasn't fired up for Duke. Guys think they are but it's just human nature that deep inside you know you're favorite by 35 points against this team. It's something this program has to get by and we'll see later this season when we play Wake Forest at home.

Not for one minute do I think the coaches or the players mailed this game in. I do believe Petrino didn't anticipate Duke's ball control strategy and called plays early to score fast to take them out of it. It would have worked had Jackson not overthrown Towbridge by being too cute with his deception. Personally, I put most of the offensive woes on Jackson. He erred several times on the zone read and his accuracy was off on throws he should have made. But his talent is so awesome he still did enough to win the game.

I picked one game on this schedule that I thought would be a game like this. It wasn't Duke but it's hard to be on top of your game every game. I thought it would be NC State and now the Wolfpack visit next week after blowing a win against Clemson. I doubt very seriously they will employ Duke's slow ball strategy but they will be a challenge. I think the Cards got their bad game out of their system and will perform much better.
there is a certain thing called working your QB into the game with safe throws, growing him into a rhythm.
When it became obvious that Duke was going to do exotic blitz we did not spread them out with our powerful receiving corps, we continued calling the deep post leaving Lamar in a pinch. When we had success with the running game. JEREMY SMITH 80 YARD TD RUN he got (1) carry the rest of the game.
Our Kicking game is an after thought. Central High School and Trinity High have better kicking games than the university of louisville.

sir that responsibility lies on ONE pair of shoulders. That responsibility land at the feet of Robert Petrino. He needs to get his head out of his hind parts and do right by this team and clean up the penalties as well.

some may like mediocre preparation, but people who have played the game can tell when a team is unprepared and mailing it in. If we mail it in against a team with matching talent, we will lose.

If we blitz the run against Houston, they will set records against us. 3rd down is predictable and you can gameplan against what grantham is doing on 3rd.

You can be blind to facts all you wish, but either they clean up what is detailed in here or we will be going to another music city bowl.

I agree with many of your posts, beasley, but you've lost your cool this time.

there is a certain thing called working your QB into the game with safe throws, growing him into a rhythm.
When it became obvious that Duke was going to do exotic blitz we did not spread them out with our powerful receiving corps, we continued calling the deep post leaving Lamar in a pinch. When we had success with the running game. JEREMY SMITH 80 YARD TD RUN he got (1) carry the rest of the game.
Our Kicking game is an after thought. Central High School and Trinity High have better kicking games than the university of louisville.

sir that responsibility lies on ONE pair of shoulders. That responsibility land at the feet of Robert Petrino. He needs to get his head out of his hind parts and do right by this team and clean up the penalties as well.

some may like mediocre preparation, but people who have played the game can tell when a team is unprepared and mailing it in. If we mail it in against a team with matching talent, we will lose.

If we blitz the run against Houston, they will set records against us. 3rd down is predictable and you can gameplan against what grantham is doing on 3rd.

You can be blind to facts all you wish, but either they clean up what is detailed in here or we will be going to another music city bowl.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
In case anyone's forgotten, Jeremy Smith has occasionally had fumble-itis as well...
Yep. Jeremy has had serious problems coughing the ball up. If he can correct that he has the potential to be a big time Back with lots of NFL potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT