ADVERTISEMENT

To the Brohm to UofL folks

I think it's because it's easier to blame the coach than accept that based on the talent we have and the tradition we have, we're pretty much where we're supposed to be in the big picture.
Where does it say we aren't allowed to be a top 25 program instead of a 7-8 win program? We have only been in a big boy conference for about 13 seasons.

I don’t understand why people are calling for Bobby’s head either. He hasn’t fallen below 8 and 9 win seasons, and the offense strong left was hot garbage. Strong left a solid defense and Bobby can flat out coach offense. Tonight was awful primarily because of the weather but we still handled them in the second half. When you run a pass happy offense you can’t expect to score a lot of points in a torrential downpour. We should have been running the ball the entire game.

Do we run a "pass happy offense"? Petrino's best teams had a good balance of pass and run.

Do we run a "pass happy offense"? Petrino's best teams had a good balance of pass and run.
Well through the first game and a half of this season it looked that way. However, I’m sure since we will have a better time running the ball than against Alabama we will be a little more balanced throughout the season.

Reactions: Mayoman
We can potentially have years where we do better than 7-8 wins, but our program isn't capable of recruiting at a level where we can consistently compete with and beat top teams year after year.

We're doing well in the big picture. Our best course is to stick with Petrino and hope recruiting will gradually get better over time so we can have more depth. The last thing we need is a chaotic coaching change, lose chunks of the last 2 classes and go right to the bottom.

Reactions: Mayoman and zipp
Where does it say we aren't allowed to be a top 25 program instead of a 7-8 win program? .

Petrino has placed UofL in the final T25 poll 2 out of the 4 years and has won at least 8 games in each - so it says nowhere the Cards have been a 7 win program under under Mr. 2.0 and/or can't be a T25 program under Mr. 2.0.

Using facts instead of your emotion would change your question to...instead of an 8-9 win program. You choose to not say that because you probably know 8-9 win seasons doesn't help your agenda but saying 7 wins does.

I get you are projecting but you act as if you're citing history and facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
We are going to be fine, but I do worry about the quality of Bobby's coaching staffs.

It is possible UofL will not be fine this year. Just about any program that is not elite is destined for a year or more of tough seasons.

If it is to be a bad year, the question is, will it start a trend or is it an anomaly. Nobody has a crystal ball to know for sure, not even MM, even though he treats his crystal ball as if it's factual evidence.

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
It is possible UofL will not be fine this year. Just about any program that is not elite is destined for a year or more of tough seasons.

If it is to be a bad year, the question is, will it start a trend or is it an anomaly. Nobody has a crystal ball to know for sure, not even MM, even though he treats his crystal ball as if it's factual evidence.

Well that’s because MM has an agenda as to whom he wants to be our “new” head coach. Your comments are valid and intelligent as opposed to the majority of MM’s comments.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
Nothing we can do about any of it.

With all our new leadership, the best thing for us would be for CBP to get his chit together.
Yes, it's more important now than it has been in years that our current coaches are successful and happy here. It's a crapshoot on who their replacements are going to be...

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT