ADVERTISEMENT

To the Brohm to UofL folks

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
You are being very premature with your “hopes”. I hope Jeff Brohm is a very successful coach wherever he coaches. But his Purdue team lost to a very, very mediocre Northwestern team at home. How does that qualify him to coach UofL while we have a proven head coach in Bobby Petrino. I believe I’d be hoping that Bobby Petrino is successful right here at UofL rather than hoping for a new coach simply because he went to UofL AND Trinity.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

You are being very premature with your “hopes”. I hope Jeff Brohm is a very successful coach wherever he coaches. But his Purdue team lost to a very, very mediocre Northwestern team at home. How does that qualify him to coach UofL while we have a proven head coach in Bobby Petrino. I believe I’d be hoping that Bobby Petrino is successful right here at UofL rather than hoping for a new coach simply because he went to UofL AND Trinity.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
Why are they "very very mediocre"? They finished 10-3 last season and 7-2 in the Big 10. Your comment makes no sense.

Reactions: Otis_Wilson
Why are they "very very mediocre"? They finished 10-3 last season and 7-2 in the Big 10. Your comment makes no sense.

Was that the same Northwestern team that beat an abysmal UK team, against whom Bobby didn't have to punt, by 1 point in their bowl game? Yes, Northwestern lost their QB early in the game, but UK also lost their best player so that was a wash.

Reactions: zipp and gocds
Was that the same Northwestern team that beat an abysmal UK team, against whom Bobby didn't have to punt, by 1 point in their bowl game? Yes, Northwestern lost their QB early in the game, but UK also lost their best player so that was a wash.
They finished ranked 17th in the country. That is not mediocre. If they were mediocre what were we?

Northwestern has been as good or better than the Cards. And it's Purdue, not a juggernaut. Of he has another year or two, you will see. They are better than last year, and last year they almost beat Louisville.

B.Petrino is past his prime, and he just seems like a prick who gets way over emotional in a negative way. He has run his course and the co$t just doesn’t add up! J.Brohm is the natural replacement!

I like Brohm but it is way to early to know how he will do year after year in the big leagues. I also think it is way to early to judge how our season will go this year. Losing to Alabama the way we did was disappointing but we are not at Alabama’s level hopefully we will get there. A good barometer for me will be to see how we perform against Clemson. I won’t be expecting a victory but I hope we have a better showing.

Actually, I think Willie is gonna be fine. But that's precisely the risk you take changing coaches when you think you can do better. Often, you do worse...

Seriously disappointed in our fans if the majority opinion is BP should be fired. Maybe we can go out and get our own Willie Taggart!

Then Petrino needs to beat Taggert on the 29th.
No excuses.

Yeah FSU lost to a ranked VT at home.
Losing to unranked BC and WF cost the team 10 wins and a better bowl.
That was WITH Lamar. No 8 is not walking thru that door.

No excuses.

Actually, I think Willie is gonna be fine. But that's precisely the risk you take changing coaches when you think you can do better. Often, you do worse...

As I mentioned in another thread, I look forward to Brohm's getting here eventually only to see how long it takes for posters around here to turn on him.

Reactions: zipp
The pattern I see here in this thread is that someone with the initials MM is a Petrino hater and greatly exaggerates his POV about UofL.

Who is this poster? And why does he hate CBP so much?

I don't think MM hates Petrino at all. I think he hates himself for sure though.

Michigan dearly wanted Jim Harbaugh.

Texas dearly wanted Tom Herman.

I see a pattern there...
Alabama dearly wanted Saban. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not. As long as CBP puts a competitive product on the field, there is no point in replacing him.

Duke beat Northwestern at Northwestern today. Purdue lost at home to E. Michigan. Keep an eye on Brohm, but not quite yet.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
I'd assume Boiler fans are now pretty cool on Brohm. Seems today is a step back for them. But, they will probably hold off judging him until the season is over. Unless they just lose over and over again. Hope he turns their season around.

Reactions: earsky
I'd assume Boiler fans are now pretty cool on Brohm. Seems today is a step back for them. But, they will probably hold off judging him until the season is over. Unless they just lose over and over again. Hope he turns their season around.

Why? Brohm is in the 2nd year of a rebuild. Purdue lost a bunch from last year. Not unlike Strong's 2nd year where he played youth, they got some ugly games from the youth.

In Petrino's 2nd season we went 7-5 after replacing a coach that went 12-1 and left talent behind. Something I don't get is the Petrino supporters attempt to trash Brohm in year 2 of a rebuild when we are still making excuses for Petrino in year 5 cause its just too soon to judge him.

Why? Brohm is in the 2nd year of a rebuild. Purdue lost a bunch from last year. Not unlike Strong's 2nd year where he played youth, they got some ugly games from the youth.

In Petrino's 2nd season we went 7-5 after replacing a coach that went 12-1 and left talent behind. Something I don't get is the Petrino supporters attempt to trash Brohm in year 2 of a rebuild when we are still making excuses for Petrino in year 5 cause its just too soon to judge him.
Not exactly apples to apples bud...Strong never played in the ACC

Reactions: gocds and STLNBSE
Not exactly apples to apples bud...Strong never played in the ACC

People act like every team in the Acc is Clemson. Clemson is and FSU used to be top teams and head and shoulders above anybody we used to play. The rest of the acc teams we play are beatable and should be teams we beat most of the time. I put them on par with of below some the the BE teams we used to play. The 2013 UCF team would have finished 2nd behind Clemson in the Atlantic. The old WVU and Cinci teams would have done the same.

Reactions: earsky
The anti Bobby fans share two things in common:

1-zero understanding of big boy football

2-zero appreciation for the best coach in school history

If he is so great why are we .500 and trending down over the last 18 games? Stop giving Petrino 2.0 credit for 1.0 successes. He lost that when he jumped ship the 1st time. Anybody looking at Petrino's 2nd stint only can see a bunch of game we lost because of poor coaching.

The Petrino supporters all have something in common also. They will make excuses no matter what. 2 seasons from now when we have a losing record and are a bottom feeder they will still be saying that Petrino is the greatest coach ever, whining about people not attending games, and making excuses about why a program like Louisville can't expect to make a bowl.

Wrong again. I think we all give high expectations, but expecting more than 8-9 wins a year in a P5 is something only elite programs can aspire to. Louisville, might I remind you, is the newest P5 in the country yet you want to fire our coach for winning 8-9 games a year. But I guess Jeff Eastern Michigan Brohm is the man to get us past the hump.

Reactions: Chapman123
Wrong again. I think we all give high expectations, but expecting more than 8-9 wins a year in a P5 is something only elite programs can aspire to. Louisville, might I remind you, is the newest P5 in the country yet you want to fire our coach for winning 8-9 games a year. But I guess Jeff Eastern Michigan Brohm is the man to get us past the hump.

I don't want Petrino fired, I want him to do better. 8 wins is not terrible but it should also not be the ceiling. Right now it looks like its the best we are going to do with the floor getting lower which is unacceptable. I can't stand continuing to watch the teams make the same coaching related mistakes over and over again. We haven't be losing most games because of lack of talent we lost them cause we make mistakes. You don't need elite players to not jump offsides or only have 11 guys on the field. You don't need elite defenders to have proper tackling techniques.

The problem is that are assistants aren't good. We have too many guys who are related to Petrino and have no experience but got jobs here. We should not be a proving ground for assistants. We pay too much for that. We also have too many assistants that have proven to be failures at other places. When the hope for the new DC isn't that they have a good defense but rather they don't completely suck something is wrong. BVG has almost no really good defenses to show for in his long career. The DB coach has proven to suck at other places also.

The team's downslide is also seemingly corresponding with the loss of the last Strong players. People use recruiting as an excuse but that is still Petrino's fault and rather than going out and spending money on recruiters we hire experienced family members and old coaches who don't recruit. Any coach that does show promise jumps ship. Our best recruiter who was inexperienced I will admit, left for a lateral move.

If the trend continues we will be paying Petrino top 25 money for a below 500 team which is not acceptable.

Reactions: STLNBSE
I wish nothing but the best for Brohm. I don't think this is the right time for a coaching change at UofL period, much less to someone so unproven. Nothing against Brohm... He's in a tough situation trying to rebuild Purdue. Hopefully the Brohm talk will die down as a result of the 0-2 start.

I wish nothing but the best for Brohm. I don't think this is the right time for a coaching change at UofL period, much less to someone so unproven. Nothing against Brohm... He's in a tough situation trying to rebuild Purdue. Hopefully the Brohm talk will die down as a result of the 0-2 start.
Not because Brohm is 0-2 . Just the fact we have a excellent coach in place at present moment Bobby . Some of these fans really truly are FB stupid plain and simple. We are Louisville football not a historical FB program. Their are programs out their that would kill to have Bobby leading them thats a fact!

The pattern I see here in this thread is that someone with the initials MM is a Petrino hater and greatly exaggerates his POV about UofL.

Who is this poster? And why does he hate CBP so much?
What are your thoughts tonight tied with a glorified high school team at the half?

I don’t understand why people are calling for Bobby’s head either. He hasn’t fallen below 8 and 9 win seasons, and the offense strong left was hot garbage. Strong left a solid defense and Bobby can flat out coach offense. Tonight was awful primarily because of the weather but we still handled them in the second half. When you run a pass happy offense you can’t expect to score a lot of points in a torrential downpour. We should have been running the ball the entire game.

ADVERTISEMENT