ADVERTISEMENT

To All the Purdue and UofL Posters Arguing, Open...

There isn’t - he wasn’t speaking to a reporter.
So in my eyes, I see that as he hypothetically said that. Whereas I can for a fact say that Brohm said he is currently at a really good job and his dad said the big ten is the best conference. Although if you wanted to argue SEC, I'd listen. Big ten still gets more tv money than everyone and is catching up to the SEC. Just takes time to build programs.

So in my eyes, I see that as he hypothetically said that. Whereas I can for a fact say that Brohm said he is currently at a really good job and his dad said the big ten is the best conference. Although if you wanted to argue SEC, I'd listen. Big ten still gets more tv money than everyone and is catching up to the SEC. Just takes time to build programs.

Money isnt everything, especially when it comes to your hometown or area.

The Big10 and SEC wont give him much time to establish his program. UofL will.

And dont bring up this is Petrino's fifth yr and first losing season.

He has 15 yrs experience yet he cant keep assistants, no longer develop talent and has now lost the fan base.

I assure you if Brohm was coaching this years team, theyd be 6-2 or 5-3.

He is now what Petrino was.

Money isnt everything, especially when it comes to your hometown or area.

The Big10 and SEC wont give him much time to establish his program. UofL will.

And dont bring up this is Petrino's fifth yr and first losing season.

He has 15 yrs experience yet he cant keep assistants, no longer develop talent and has now lost the fan base.

I assure you if Brohm was coaching this years team, theyd be 6-2 or 5-3.

He is now what Petrino was.
I wasn't going to bring up Petrino, I was more curious what you mean by the big ten won't give him much time to establish his program. And I'd assume you more specifically mean Purdue won't give him time to establish his program? But Louisville will? How is Louisville and Purdue different programs in that regard? Other than the Brohm alumni thing.

I wasn't going to bring up Petrino, I was more curious what you mean by the big ten won't give him much time to establish his program. And I'd assume you more specifically mean Purdue won't give him time to establish his program? But Louisville will? How is Louisville and Purdue different programs in that regard? Other than the Brohm alumni thing.

I'll give you that. Purdue would be patient. However the Bluebloods and big boys wouldn't. Meyer will be out at OSU.
The Buckeyes would give Brohm 1 or 2 yrs if he went 6 wins or below.
If Brohm went 2-22 here, then he have to be gone also. 5 mill a yr is to much to only beat 1-AA schools only.

FSU boosters are ready to get rid of Taggert after one year.

Alumni ties are deep and strong.

Frost left an undefeated, unbeaten team to this day for his alma mater. Yeah they SuCk, but he has to establish his program.

Which is why I said that you can believe it or not. That said, I can guarantee that the statement is every bit as factual as the one you reference. And just to make sure we’re on the same page - I didn’t post that to shut you up - I posted it to let fellow UofL fans know again what Jeff Brohm’s father personally thinks is going to happen.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I would like to just comment on this idea that just because Brohm says something about Purdue right now that whatever he says somehow means anything....and thats not so much a knock on Purdue. He would be saying if he were being linked to the Alabama job right now. I would be saying the same thing if Texas or Georgia was trying to take Louisville's coach....and that's "what do you think Jeff or any member of his family is going to say? what would any of you say?" Heck I would say the exact same thing if I were coaching Purdue right now and I knew for a fact I was going to take the another job. Any coach in that situation is going to say exactly what Jeff is saying. Cal said it before he left Memphis, Petrino said it before he left Louisville, Mullen said it before he left MSU, Peterson said it before he left Boise, Chip Kelly said it before he left Oregon, Harbaugh said it before he left Stanford, Strong said it before he left Louisville, Rich Rod said it before he left WVU, Schiano said it before he left Rutgers....the list goes on and on.

Jeff Brohm might not be the coach at Louisville next year but nothing he says between now and December 3rd (the day his buyout drops) can be used as any sort of indicator about what he plans to do. He can't say anything else. What's he going to say?

"Well, Louisville's home and I would love the opportunity to coach my alma mater in the city I grew up, so hopefully Vince Tyra fires Petrino and gives me a call, I appreciate Purdue giving me everything I've asked for but if my alama mater calls thats just not a job I'm going to pass on."

If you are correct that they are talking now they would appear to be engaged tortious interference and given their current legal and fiscal woes that would make whatever legal advice Tyra is receiving shaky.
Clearly you’re neither an attorney or, someone who has any idea how these things work despite your use of legal terms. First off - discussing a potential job that you might have doesn’t come within a mile of tortious interference - contract or not. Even the whole asking permission with the current AD is just a gentleman’s agreement - which is broken annually. Now if Tyra was intentionally disparaging or slandering purdoo in the effort to hire JB, you might be closer to your allegation.

But of course Tyra isn’t talking with Jeff - he would be having any preliminary conversations with his representation (both UofL grads by the way) who would then convey that to their client. Do you really not know how big time sports work?

Reactions: GoldCard
I love reading both sides banter as both are going to be passionate about their respective school. Purdue will most likely split their last 4 games and end up 6-6. Brohm is a high-integrity guy and he will not entertain anything until after the bowl game. He did it with USCjr 2 years ago and won't budge. Petrino will absolutely be fired within 10 days of the UK game. Paying 13 million over 5 years is what it is, but WILL happen.

I've known several members of the Brohm family for many years and obviously they all would love to see him coach where he and his Dad and 2 brothers played and if the stars align JB will come home and lead the Cards back to where they belong. I don't think it's a guarantee he comes back, but I do think the chances are pretty high.

I love reading both sides banter as both are going to be passionate about their respective school. Purdue will most likely split their last 4 games and end up 6-6. Brohm is a high-integrity guy and he will not entertain anything until after the bowl game. He did it with USCjr 2 years ago and won't budge. Petrino will absolutely be fired within 10 days of the UK game. Paying 13 million over 5 years is what it is, but WILL happen.

I've known several members of the Brohm family for many years and obviously they all would love to see him coach where he and his Dad and 2 brothers played and if the stars align JB will come home and lead the Cards back to where they belong. I don't think it's a guarantee he comes back, but I do think the chances are pretty high.
I tend to agree. I think he will coach Louisville at some point in his career. It's moreso a matter of when. Is it sooner or later.

I tend to agree. I think he will coach Louisville at some point in his career. It's moreso a matter of when. Is it sooner or later.

I, like you, hope he is OUR coach next year! Money will matter to a certain point, but JB doesn't coach for the money. Hell, his parents have put two sons in the NFL and lived in the same damn house the kids grew up in through all of that. Jeff still drives a 15 year old car.

He will look at everything and decide what is best for him at this point in his career!

I, like you, hope he is OUR coach next year! Money will matter to a certain point, but JB doesn't coach for the money. Hell, his parents have put two sons in the NFL and lived in the same damn house the kids grew up in through all of that. Jeff still drives a 15 year old car.

He will look at everything and decide what is best for him at this point in his career!
That's kind of what I imagine. And I know he's in a really good situation at Purdue. So I think that will make it tough to leave right away.

Always been a Purdue fan. May well have gone there but a family illness situation meant Speed instead. We played and beat Evansville Rex Mundi when I was in HS. I sacked their QB in that game. At the end of the year I was stunned that guy got a Purdue scholarship and I did not. What was his name? Greasey? :p

Peace

Always been a Purdue fan. May well have gone there but a family illness situation meant Speed instead. We played and beat Evansville Rex Mundi when I was in HS. I sacked their QB in that game. At the end of the year I was stunned that guy got a Purdue scholarship and I did not. What was his name? Greasey? :p

Peace

Griese, Tim Neimier , Dave Schellhase, Bob Ford, Terry Wedgwood, Steve Nurrenbern, Larry Weatherford were all 1960’s Boilermakers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT