ADVERTISEMENT

To All the Purdue and UofL Posters Arguing, Open...

th

I have not been arguing with Purdue fans, but I really like the kid you have starting at running back. Knox?

Last edited:
I have sympathetic feelings for every fan base when things suddenly spiral. I had no clue that when Tiller went 4-8 his last yr that we would become the laughing stock of college football for the next 10 yrs. Hoping UL rights the ship in 2019 with a new coach ----just not named Brohm...
If we fire Bobby this year Jeff is yours. We can’t buy out both. We’d have to ride it out with him or get a Group or 5 coach that isn’t paid 7 figures yet.

If we fire Bobby this year Jeff is yours. We can’t buy out both. We’d have to ride it out with him or get a Group or 5 coach that isn’t paid 7 figures yet.

Couldn’t disagree more. I think if we fire Bobby that means Jeff has already agreed to come. Vince has already made it perfectly clear and went out of his way to do say that they will make the money work if they feel a change is needed.

Couldn’t disagree more. I think if we fire Bobby that means Jeff has already agreed to come. Vince has already made it perfectly clear and went out of his way to do say that they will make the money work if they feel a change is needed.

Jeff’s buyout is like 5.5 mill. Then you’ll have to pay him 5.5. Purdue is probably going to give him a raise to 5.5, pay Nick Holt a million, give six figure raises to Brian Brohm and JaMarcus Shephard (who will be Purdue’s Head coach one day and may replace Brohm if he leaves in 3 years), as well as fat raises for the rest of the staff.

Am I missing something. Was Papa John banished only to still give a blank check to the school?

Jeff’s buyout is like 5.5 mill. Then you’ll have to pay him 5.5. Purdue is probably going to give him a raise to 5.5, pay Nick Holt a million, give six figure raises to Brian Brohm and JaMarcus Shephard (who will be Purdue’s Head coach one day and may replace Brohm if he leaves in 3 years), as well as fat raises for the rest of the staff.

Am I missing something. Was Papa John banished only to still give a blank check to the school?
Why do boil fans think and continue to say that schnatter filled this role? He never did and more importantly, he was never Louisville’s biggest donor - only it’s biggest self promoter and it’s most selfish.

Brian Cardinal, Russell Cross, and Joe Barry Carroll were some of my favorite college basketball players.

Gene Keady had a winning record against Bob “Chokehold” Knight.

Mackey Arena is named after Guy “Red” Mackey who was from New Albany.

$5.5 million would make him tied for 8th as the highest paid coach in the country. His current contract, which they just reupped has him only making $4.5 in the last year of his contract in 2024. You think Purdue is going to give him a $1.7 million per year raise which would add $10.2 million to his current contract if it were for the same length and simply paid him $5.5 flat per year through 2024, which it wouldn't. It would add years and add money to his per year salary. So you're saying Purdue, who's just now started to spend money on football is going to agree to commit $15 or $20 more million dollars to Jeff Brohm and then nearly double Nick Holt's salary and give all the assistants raises on top of that?

Now, if they offered that size of insane contract, he might actually turn Louisville down but I don't think that's how it will work out. I think all Louisville has to do is match his current contract and he'll sign on the dotted line.

If Louisville waits until after December 5th, Brohm's buyout is $3.3 million, $4.4 million before the 5th.

Why do boil fans think and continue to say that schnatter filled this role? He never did and more importantly, he was never Louisville’s biggest donor - only it’s biggest self promoter and it’s most selfish.

Ok so we agree on him being a scumbag. So you guys didn’t get a ton of money from papa johns? Named it that to be nice guys?

$5.5 million would make him tied for 8th as the highest paid coach in the country. His current contract, which they just reupped has him only making $4.5 in the last year of his contract in 2024. You think Purdue is going to give him a $1.7 million per year raise which would add $10.2 million to his current contract if it were for the same length and simply paid him $5.5 flat per year through 2024, which it wouldn't. It would add years and add money to his per year salary. So you're saying Purdue, who's just now started to spend money on football is going to agree to commit $15 or $20 more million dollars to Jeff Brohm and then nearly double Nick Holt's salary and give all the assistants raises on top of that?

Now, if they offered that size of insane contract, he might actually turn Louisville down but I don't think that's how it will work out. I think all Louisville has to do is match his current contract and he'll sign on the dotted line.

If Louisville waits until after December 5th, Brohm's buyout is $3.3 million, $4.4 million before the 5th.

Yes.

Purdue didn’t lack the money. The old board of trustees made Purdue AD be a self funding operation for years. Not only did the AD get no money from the school.. the school actually took money from the AD. 1.7 mill or thereabouts. Those days are done. This Board and president Mitch Daniels are all in. Thus the brand new state of the art facilities ...

I don’t think Brohm never leaves. I’m of the opinion that in 3 years its nfl or louisville but not now.. and by then I’d trust shephard to be as close as an offensive mind to Brohm as one can be.

And then, we both win. We end up with a program armed to compete for the big annually, and you get the Brohms back with a cleaned up AD. And Kentucky still sucks.. just like IU.

Yes.

Purdue didn’t lack the money. The old board of trustees made Purdue AD be a self funding operation for years. Not only did the AD get no money from the school.. the school actually took money from the AD. 1.7 mill or thereabouts. Those days are done. This Board and president Mitch Daniels are all in. Thus the brand new state of the art facilities ...

I don’t think Brohm never leaves. I’m of the opinion that in 3 years its nfl or louisville but not now.. and by then I’d trust shephard to be as close as an offensive mind to Brohm as one can be.

And then, we both win. We end up with a program armed to compete for the big annually, and you get the Brohms back with a cleaned up AD. And Kentucky still sucks.. just like IU.

In a perfect world, I can see that happening. But there's just no way (at least to me) that it makes sense that UL would be replacing a coach in 3-4 years and that Brohm would still be at Purdue at that time. I just don't see Petrino making it through this season and then somehow doing enough to not get fired for another 2-3 years but still getting fired at a time when he still has a decent buyout. I don't see a logical situation where that plays out like that. I don't see Petrino being fired this year unless they already have Brohm locked up. They know the fan base is set on Jeff Brohm replacing Petrino and I think they're smart enough to know that if you fire Bobby and then don't get Jeff you're already starting the new coach out behind the 8 ball. I don't know, obviously we both have skewed views of this situation so neither of us can really be objective. But just based on my own assumptions I would bet that Brohm's people have already had contact in some shape or form with UL.

I also don't think Purdue would throw that much money at their coaching staff that quickly. If they paid that entire staff the kind of salary you're talking about they would have a top 7-8 staff in terms of total salary and I just don't see them doing that. Maybe I'm wrong.

In a perfect world, I can see that happening. But there's just no way (at least to me) that it makes sense that UL would be replacing a coach in 3-4 years and that Brohm would still be at Purdue at that time. I just don't see Petrino making it through this season and then somehow doing enough to not get fired for another 2-3 years but still getting fired at a time when he still has a decent buyout. I don't see a logical situation where that plays out like that. I don't see Petrino being fired this year unless they already have Brohm locked up. They know the fan base is set on Jeff Brohm replacing Petrino and I think they're smart enough to know that if you fire Bobby and then don't get Jeff you're already starting the new coach out behind the 8 ball. I don't know, obviously we both have skewed views of this situation so neither of us can really be objective. But just based on my own assumptions I would bet that Brohm's people have already had contact in some shape or form with UL.

I also don't think Purdue would throw that much money at their coaching staff that quickly. If they paid that entire staff the kind of salary you're talking about they would have a top 7-8 staff in terms of total salary and I just don't see them doing that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Purdue’s BIG FOUR are:

President Mitch Daniels, Princeton alum, former ELi Lilly executive, Bush White House Budget Dir. Two-time Governor of Indiana. Six year President of Purdue. Tuition at Purdue has been frozen since Daniels arrived in 2012. Enrollment has reached at all time high of 44,000 on West Lafayette campus. Since arrival has fostered unprecedented cooperation with city of West !afayette resulting in committtment of more than 2.5 billion for development and expansion of research park and Purdue campus. University celebrates 150th anniversary in 1969 and IHSA already raised $2 billion of $2.3 billion goal to lead Purdue toward its bicentennial year of 2069.

Mike Berghoff, Purdue alum, former Purdue football walkon, Founder and President of Lenex Steel Corp, Chairman of Purdue Board of Trustees.

Mike Bobinski, Notre Dame alum, Notre Dame Student-Athlete, CPA, former Director of Athletics at Akron, Xavier of Ohio, Georgia Tech. Director of Athletics at Purdue since 2016.

Drew Brees, Purdue Alum, He and Wife Brittany who he met at Purdue have donated millions to Purdue athletics. He spearheaded movement that culminated with construction of state of the art $65 million football facility opened in 2017. Advisor to Purdue athletics and Purdue Football.

Purdue’s BIG FOUR are:

President Mitch Daniels, Princeton alum, former ELi Lilly executive, Bush White House Budget Dir. Two-time Governor of Indiana. Six year President of Purdue. Tuition at Purdue has been frozen since Daniels arrived in 2012. Enrollment has reached at all time high of 44,000 on West Lafayette campus. Since arrival has fostered unprecedented cooperation with city of West !afayette resulting in committtment of more than 2.5 billion for development and expansion of research park and Purdue campus. University celebrates 150th anniversary in 1969 and IHSA already raised $2 billion of $2.3 billion goal to lead Purdue toward its bicentennial year of 2069.

Mike Berghoff, Purdue alum, former Purdue football walkon, Founder and President of Lenex Steel Corp, Chairman of Purdue Board of Trustees.

Mike Bobinski, Notre Dame alum, Notre Dame Student-Athlete, CPA, former Director of Athletics at Akron, Xavier of Ohio, Georgia Tech. Director of Athletics at Purdue since 2016.

Drew Brees, Purdue Alum, He and Wife Brittany who he met at Purdue have donated millions to Purdue athletics. He spearheaded movement that culminated with construction of state of the art $65 million football facility opened in 2017. Advisor to Purdue athletics and Purdue Football.

Again, that's all fine and good info to have. Here's my point though....you're basically arguing that a program with more money, that's a better program (regardless of how much better or what Purdue fans think) that's not only the coaches alma mater but the place he grew up and coached for is going to stay at a program thats a few steps behind his alma mater in terms of being up to date in the football "arms race" and can at worst "match" whatever Purdue throws at him in terms of contract just because he's 2 years into building that lesser program.

He may just do that...all I'm saying is its unlikely and illogical.

I'll say this....gun to your head right now. If I told you Bobby Petrino was fired on December 1st and your life depends on where Jeff Brohm is coaching in 2019 which school you picking? That's my point...Brohm MIGHT stay at Purdue but if you're a betting man and looking at most likely scenarios if Bobby Petrino is fired you are laying money on Jeff Brohm to replace him 10 out of 10 times.

So its like I've said on here 1,000 times. Purdue fans best option is to root for UL to suddenly start playing well and make it difficult for Petrino to be fired because if he's fired I would bet a massive lump of money that Brohm is Louisville's next HC.

Again, that's all fine and good info to have. Here's my point though....you're basically arguing that a program with more money, that's a better program (regardless of how much better or what Purdue fans think) that's not only the coaches alma mater but the place he grew up and coached for is going to stay at a program thats a few steps behind his alma mater in terms of being up to date in the football "arms race" and can at worst "match" whatever Purdue throws at him in terms of contract just because he's 2 years into building that lesser program.

I'll say this....gun to your head right now. If I told you Bobby Petrino was fired on December 1st and your life depends on where Jeff Brohm is coaching in 2019 which school you picking? That's my point...Brohm MIGHT stay at Purdue but if you're a betting man and looking at most likely scenarios if Bobby Petrino is fired you are laying money on Jeff Brohm to replace him 10 out of 10 times.

So its like I've said on here 1,000 times. Purdue fans best option is to root for UL to suddenly start playing well and make it difficult for Petrino to be fired because if he's fired I would bet a massive lump of money that Brohm is Louisville's next HC.
How on earth does Louisville have more money than Purdue for Football? I’m sure your gameday revenue is more (slightly bigger stadium and suites, etc) when you are playing well, but Purdue has B1G revenue sharing coming in.

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/bi...-reaches-an-insane-51-million-per-school.html

So you guys didn’t get a ton of money from papa johns?
Not a ton, but his donation to help with the stadium was obviously large enough and his name he probably paid for to boot.
There are some really deep pockets round these parts. Some, you hear about and some you don't.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Ok so we agree on him being a scumbag. So you guys didn’t get a ton of money from papa johns? Named it that to be nice guys?
He gave 5M for naming and concessions rights to the stadium. He may have made other subsequent donations but nothing larger than that. 5M doesn’t begin to sniff what the Brown family has donated - and in a non self-serving fashion - to the university. The continue to be donors.

How is Purdue a few steps behind in the arms race? What does Louisville offer in the arms race that Purdue doesn't?

Sure that could happen for Louisville. Two words. Danny Hope .. the old in between coach. If we hadn’t royally screwed up with the hazell hiring, we could have made a nice hire after hope. Also, if you’re thinking “oh my god, so Brohm is going to take a program that some in between coach runs back to prominence,” well, he is doing it at Purdue.

As far as not throwing money at the staff, I think you’re thinking of Morgan Burke’s Purdue. This AD met with pj fleck when the entire world was saying Purdue and fleck were a match, and he just didn’t like fleck at all... and ended up with brohm. Fleck is all flash, no substance. I’d call bobinskis performance admirable. Also, the big ten paid out 34.7 mill to each school in 2017, second only to sec 40.9. We are projected to pass that. Acc? 27.0. So, if you just take the 34.7. We can pay Brohm 5.5, holt a million and probably make JaMarcus shephard very happy before we dip into acc dollars.

I also keep going back to this. Brohm recruits the state of Kentucky FROM PURDUE, like he’s in Kentucky. He also has ability to recruit big ten states because those players want to play on TV in the big ten and osu, psu and Michigan recruit nationally and Wisconsin and MSU only have so many schollies. He will never have a huge draw to recruit that David Bell type of kid to go play in the ACC.

He keeps doing what he’s doing at Purdue and in three years he can likely go recruit any kid anywhere.

I guess we will see

@BoilermakerD You may be right. Like I said, we're both looking at this from skewed perspectives and neither of us really know what's going on inside Brohm's head.

I'm taking what I believe to be a logical stance on it and to be clear my stance is the same stance of the vast majority of fans and pundits in college football and that's the fact that Louisville will fire Petrino and get Jeff Brohm. We can go back and forth and reiterate all the reasons why Brohm would and wouldn't take the Louisville job but look at it this way....if Vegas were placing odds on who the next coach would be Jeff Brohm would be massive favorite.

Purdue fans can, and should believe in their coach because that's what fans do. I'm just saying you're on that island alone and if Petrino is fired you're probably going to be unhappy with the results of Louisville's coaching search.

My personal list of things that would shock in order from most shocking to least....

- Bobby Petrino is fired and Jeff Brohm stays at Purdue.

- Bobby Petrino isn't fired.

- Bobby Petrino is fired and Jeff Brohm is the next coach.

Sure that could happen for Louisville. Two words. Danny Hope .. the old in between coach. If we hadn’t royally screwed up with the hazell hiring, we could have made a nice hire after hope. Also, if you’re thinking “oh my god, so Brohm is going to take a program that some in between coach runs back to prominence,” well, he is doing it at Purdue.

As far as not throwing money at the staff, I think you’re thinking of Morgan Burke’s Purdue. This AD met with pj fleck when the entire world was saying Purdue and fleck were a match, and he just didn’t like fleck at all... and ended up with brohm. Fleck is all flash, no substance. I’d call bobinskis performance admirable. Also, the big ten paid out 34.7 mill to each school in 2017, second only to sec 40.9. We are projected to pass that. Acc? 27.0. So, if you just take the 34.7. We can pay Brohm 5.5, holt a million and probably make JaMarcus shephard very happy before we dip into acc dollars.

I also keep going back to this. Brohm recruits the state of Kentucky FROM PURDUE, like he’s in Kentucky. He also has ability to recruit big ten states because those players want to play on TV in the big ten and osu, psu and Michigan recruit nationally and Wisconsin and MSU only have so many schollies. He will never have a huge draw to recruit that David Bell type of kid to go play in the ACC.

He keeps doing what he’s doing at Purdue and in three years he can likely go recruit any kid anywhere.

I guess we will see

Payout from BTN this year is $52 million

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT