ADVERTISEMENT

To All the Purdue and UofL Posters Arguing, Open...

@BoilermakerD You may be right. Like I said, we're both looking at this from skewed perspectives and neither of us really know what's going on inside Brohm's head.

I'm taking what I believe to be a logical stance on it and to be clear my stance is the same stance of the vast majority of fans and pundits in college football and that's the fact that Louisville will fire Petrino and get Jeff Brohm. We can go back and forth and reiterate all the reasons why Brohm would and wouldn't take the Louisville job but look at it this way....if Vegas were placing odds on who the next coach would be Jeff Brohm would be massive favorite.

Purdue fans can, and should believe in their coach because that's what fans do. I'm just saying you're on that island alone and if Petrino is fired you're probably going to be unhappy with the results of Louisville's coaching search.

My personal list of things that would shock in order from most shocking to least....

- Bobby Petrino is fired and Jeff Brohm stays at Purdue.

- Bobby Petrino isn't fired.

- Bobby Petrino is fired and Jeff Brohm is the next coach.
I was told that there literally are odds out on this and Schiano has the highest odds. I'm not a betting man so I wouldn't know where to find this but I was told this by 3 different people.

@BoilermakerD You may be right. Like I said, we're both looking at this from skewed perspectives and neither of us really know what's going on inside Brohm's head.

I'm taking what I believe to be a logical stance on it and to be clear my stance is the same stance of the vast majority of fans and pundits in college football and that's the fact that Louisville will fire Petrino and get Jeff Brohm. We can go back and forth and reiterate all the reasons why Brohm would and wouldn't take the Louisville job but look at it this way....if Vegas were placing odds on who the next coach would be Jeff Brohm would be massive favorite.

Purdue fans can, and should believe in their coach because that's what fans do. I'm just saying you're on that island alone and if Petrino is fired you're probably going to be unhappy with the results of Louisville's coaching search.

My personal list of things that would shock in order from most shocking to least....

- Bobby Petrino is fired and Jeff Brohm stays at Purdue.

- Bobby Petrino isn't fired.

- Bobby Petrino is fired and Jeff Brohm is the next coach.

If you were paying any attention to Jeff’s comments you’d realize he doesn’t give a rat’s hiney what outsiders think about Purdue and his football program. He’s damm proud to be the Boilermaker’s head coach and he’s working for people who have delivered on everything they promised and more. He does not have to deal with a new President, Board of Trustees and Athletic Director walking through a minefield of past scandals, fiscal malfeasance, budget shortfalls, inadequate enrollment growth to assure fiscal stability, and rising athletic department expenses and declining revenues. The road to the ACC Championship game for Louisville is like getting to Mars compared to Purdue’s journey to the Big Title game which is like going to the Moon where most Americans know Purdue touched down first!

If you were paying any attention to Jeff’s comments you’d realize he doesn’t give a rat’s hiney what outsiders think about Purdue and his football program. He’s damm proud to be the Boilermaker’s head coach and he’s working for people who have delivered on everything they promised and more. He does not have to deal with a new President, Board of Trustees and Athletic Director walking through a minefield of past scandals, fiscal malfeasance, budget shortfalls, inadequate enrollment growth to assure fiscal stability, and rising athletic department expenses and declining revenues. The road to the ACC Championship game for Louisville is like getting to Mars compared to Purdue’s journey to the Big Title game which is like going to the Moon where most Americans know Purdue touched down first!
Lol...delusion

Reactions: EKYCard643
Of course he’s proud to be the HC of purdoo - just like he was damn proud to be the HC of WKU, the OC at UofL, etc, etc, etc. It’s part of what makes him an excellent coach, and an attractive candidate for programs higher on the food chain than purdoo or WKU.

The funny thing is that boils like you - who have been “familiar” with Jeff for all of about 10 minutes feel like you can lecture the people that he grew up with, went to grade school and HS with, that he graduated from college with - that have known him and his family for decades.

As little as you know about UofL, that ignorance is dwarfed by how little you know of Jeff Brohm and his ties to Louisville - relative to many on this board and far more in this town.

So keep on yapping - it will only make feasting on your salty tears that much more sweet when Jeff comes back home.

Lol...delusion

Delusion is ignoring the realities of your university’s fiscal future and concentrating on
a shaky athletic department future. It’s all out there to see in newspaper articles, Moody’s ratings,
Yum Center financials and Louisville Foundation financials. How many university’s saw $100 million in Foundation assets evaporate in the investment climate of the last few years? Take off the blinders.

Of course he’s proud to be the HC of purdoo - just like he was damn proud to be the HC of WKU, the OC at UofL, etc, etc, etc. It’s part of what makes him an excellent coach, and an attractive candidate for programs higher on the food chain than purdoo or WKU.

The funny thing is that boils like you - who have been “familiar” with Jeff for all of about 10 minutes feel like you can lecture the people that he grew up with, went to grade school and HS with, that he graduated from college with - that have known him and his family for decades.

As little as you know about UofL, that ignorance is dwarfed by how little you know of Jeff Brohm and his ties to Louisville - relative to many on this board and far more in this town.

So keep on yapping - it will only make feasting on your salty tears that much more sweet when Jeff comes back home.

Ah, I loved the Littke Engine that could as a child. Then I grew up and found out it was a Fairy Tale!

Couldn’t disagree more. I think if we fire Bobby that means Jeff has already agreed to come. Vince has already made it perfectly clear and went out of his way to do say that they will make the money work if they feel a change is needed.

Jeff’s buyout is like 5.5 mill. Then you’ll have to pay him 5.5. Purdue is probably going to give him a raise to 5.5, pay Nick Holt a million, give six figure raises to Brian Brohm and JaMarcus Shephard (who will be Purdue’s Head coach one day and may replace Brohm if he leaves in 3 years), as well as fat raises for the rest of the staff.

Am I missing something. Was Papa John banished only to still give a blank check to the school?

Yeah he was are only donor uh. Lol

Ah, I loved the Littke Engine that could as a child. Then I grew up and found out it was a Fairy Tale!
Lol - I couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately for all you mouthy boils, purdoo is the “Littke” engine (how absolutely ironic) in this scenario.
The fact that you don’t realize that is a perfect example of why you are so utterly clueless. :)

Delusion is ignoring the realities of your university’s fiscal future and concentrating on
a shaky athletic department future. It’s all out there to see in newspaper articles, Moody’s ratings,
Yum Center financials and Louisville Foundation financials. How many university’s saw $100 million in Foundation assets evaporate in the investment climate of the last few years? Take off the blinders.

So youre the latest clown they sent over.

I bet youve convinced yourself "no way a former Louisville player would ever come back to Louisville to be Head Coach o_O

Dont worry about Louisville"s finances.
Its none of yalls damn business.......

What I don’t understand, is why wasn’t CJB hired before they decided on Petrino 2.0?

What I don’t understand, is why wasn’t CJB hired before they decided on Petrino 2.0?

Brohm hadn't been a HC at all at that point and he was still relatively young in the coaching fraternity. Plus, Jeff didn't get along with our A.D. at that time.

Again, I'm not here to belittle Purdue. They are what they are...Louisville's new to this football game, relatively speaking. The thing involved here is that I think Purdue fans still see "Conference USA Louisville" and for whatever reason can't see past that or can't see what all Louisville has accomplished over the last 30 years. Louisville fans see Purdue as this bottom tier Big 10 program that honestly, nobody ever thinks about. But it seems as if they've had some changes at the top and are now taking athletics serious over there as well, but we still can't get that image of irrelevant Purdue football out of our heads. So both bases are coming at this with skewed views and we're already not going to convince one another that the other is wrong....thats not how message boards work.

Somebody's gonna be proven right, come this December. Now, I've heard, read and listened to a lot of people that know more than me about Louisville athletics that are confident Brohm's already told Louisville he will listen. Whether he agrees to their offer, whether that's true....don't know. Just know that people smarter than me are pretty confident...same people that were confident Louisville was getting Chris Mack when a lot of folks thought that was far fetched idea. So, we'll see. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if Petrino is fired within hours of the Kentucky game....if that happens. i think its good indicator that Tyra has his guy locked up. Whoever that may be.

Again, I'm not here to belittle Purdue. They are what they are...Louisville's new to this football game, relatively speaking. The thing involved here is that I think Purdue fans still see "Conference USA Louisville" and for whatever reason can't see past that or can't see what all Louisville has accomplished over the last 30 years. Louisville fans see Purdue as this bottom tier Big 10 program that honestly, nobody ever thinks about. But it seems as if they've had some changes at the top and are now taking athletics serious over there as well, but we still can't get that image of irrelevant Purdue football out of our heads. So both bases are coming at this with skewed views and we're already not going to convince one another that the other is wrong....thats not how message boards work.

Somebody's gonna be proven right, come this December. Now, I've heard, read and listened to a lot of people that know more than me about Louisville athletics that are confident Brohm's already told Louisville he will listen. Whether he agrees to their offer, whether that's true....don't know. Just know that people smarter than me are pretty confident...same people that were confident Louisville was getting Chris Mack when a lot of folks thought that was far fetched idea. So, we'll see. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if Petrino is fired within hours of the Kentucky game....if that happens. i think its good indicator that Tyra has his guy locked up. Whoever that may be.
I'm sure Brohm would listen. He would be foolish not to listen. Just like he listened to Tennessee last year. No reason not to. There is a big difference between listening and accepting. I think Brohm, regardless of who offers him, gets a raise to 5 mil this off-season and the AD also announces the new south-endzone project. No proof, just a hunch. But a proactive AD makes me think it will happen.

I'm sure Brohm would listen. He would be foolish not to listen. Just like he listened to Tennessee last year. No reason not to. There is a big difference between listening and accepting. I think Brohm, regardless of who offers him, gets a raise to 5 mil this off-season and the AD also announces the new south-endzone project. No proof, just a hunch. But a proactive AD makes me think it will happen.

Right, I mean it would be foolish to think he's simply not even going to sit down with his hometown program. From my perspective and I would think most fans perspective its the idea that if he's willing to listen, he's willing to accept the job and if Louisville offers something similar to Purdue and agrees to pay his staff what he requests what are the odds he turns Louisville down to stay at Purdue? Not that Purdue isn't on par with Louisville or any argument like that, just from a personal and logical standpoint. What seems more likely?

Yea, and what everyone seems to understand except for you is that he accepted the Tenn job. That hiring fiasco screwed it up because they came back offering less money than initially agreed upon. Lucky for us and you

Last edited:
Yea, and what everyone seems to understand escept for you is that he accepted the Tenn job. That hiring fiasco screwed it up because they came back offering less money than initially agreed upon. Lucky for us and you
Everyone except me? Is that why there are articles that came out after the fact that say he was never even offered the job? 1 guy reports Brohm accepted and that means it happened?

So youre the latest clown they sent over.

I bet youve convinced yourself "no way a former Louisville player would ever come back to Louisville to be Head Coach o_O

Dont worry about Louisville"s finances.
Its none of yalls damn business.......

Guess you were not a member of any highly regarded debate team. You ignore facts and attack your opponent. Not a good way to approach dealing with facts.

I guarantee you I know more about Jeff Brohm than you know about Purdue University. I am probably the only person on this forum who could not only tell you the only NFL game he ever left the field as the winning quarterback and was present to see it!

We'll see in about a month whether or not Louisville has the means to fire Petrino. Tyra has certainly went out of his way to make it clear that the idea of not bringing Petrino back is on the table and that would seem to me to be an unwise move on his part when you have a fan base that overwhelmingly wants him fired.

If they legit don't have the money, they're going about this entirely the wrong way as far as media perception. Again, I don't foresee money being the main issue because if that were the case then they wouldn't even be talking with Brohm now...it would just be a moot point. The fact that insiders have stated that there are initial talks happening tells me the money will find a way to work itself out.

We'll see in about a month whether or not Louisville has the means to fire Petrino. Tyra has certainly went out of his way to make it clear that the idea of not bringing Petrino back is on the table and that would seem to me to be an unwise move on his part when you have a fan base that overwhelmingly wants him fired.

If they legit don't have the money, they're going about this entirely the wrong way as far as media perception. Again, I don't foresee money being the main issue because if that were the case then they wouldn't even be talking with Brohm now...it would just be a moot point. The fact that insiders have stated that there are initial talks happening tells me the money will find a way to work itself out.
It's going to be interesting to see what happens. Purdues president just came out and said he will do whatever it takes to make sure Jeff Brohm stays at Purdue for the long haul because he knows what a successful football team does for both the university and athletics. The AD has said the same thing.

I guarantee you I know more about Jeff Brohm than you know about Purdue University. I am probably the only person on this forum who could not only tell you the only NFL game he ever left the field as the winning quarterback and was present to see it!
Well you've got me there. Up to about a month ago, I hadn't spent 10 seconds thinking about purdoo (which still seems appropriate) and I'm sure after all of this plays out, I won't spend another 10 seconds thinking about it in the future.

Setting your girlish crush and butthurt aside, if UofL offers Brohm, he's choosing home over west laughayette and even you know it.

Well you've got me there. Up to about a month ago, I hadn't spent 10 seconds thinking about purdoo (which still seems appropriate) and I'm sure after all of this plays out, I won't spend another 10 seconds thinking about it in the future.

Setting your girlish crush and butthurt aside, if UofL offers Brohm, he's choosing home over west laughayette and even you know it.
Actually I'm not convinced. If Louisville offers more and Purdue doesn't match, then he will. But Purdue will match. They will do whatever it takes to keep him. That we do know.

Actually I'm not convinced. If Louisville offers more and Purdue doesn't match, then he will. But Purdue will match. They will do whatever it takes to keep him. That we do know.
That’s the dynamic you guys don’t get - purdoo can’t match what Louisville offers to and for him. If it were only $ - you might.

But it’s not.

That’s the dynamic you guys don’t get - purdoo can’t match what Louisville offers to and for him. If it were only $ - you might.

But it’s not.
Purdue can match everything but being his Alma Mater. But, depending on his mindset, he might not be looking to go back right away, but maybe later. Who knows. What I am saying is if Louisville offers 5.5 mil and 6 mil will keep him at Purdue, than Purdue will offer 6 mil. I just don't think it's a guarantee he leaves. And no, I'm not using my blinders. Not every coach has gone back to his Alma Mater when offered.

Purdue can match everything but being his Alma Mater. But, depending on his mindset, he might not be looking to go back right away, but maybe later. Who knows. What I am saying is if Louisville offers 5.5 mil and 6 mil will keep him at Purdue, than Purdue will offer 6 mil. I just don't think it's a guarantee he leaves. And no, I'm not using my blinders. Not every coach has gone back to his Alma Mater when offered.
No they haven’t but again - a lot more at play for him than simply graduating from UofL. Do you honestly think 500K is going to be the difference between whether he stays put or comes home?

You can believe it or not, but his father said again just last week that if UofL offers, he’s coming.

If you are correct that they are talking now they would appear to be engaged tortious interference and given their current legal and fiscal woes that would make whatever legal advice Tyra is receiving shaky.

With state funding and private donations dwindling, the University of Louisville faces an “ominous” financial future, for which the only solution might be a long-term plan to grow the student body by 36 percent, its top leaders said Tuesday.
So where in that article does it say anything about inadequate enrollment growth?

So where in that article does it say anything about inadequate enrollment growth?

If you have been paying attention to demographics you would know the predictions for future college enrollment have been trending dramatically lower. What is missing you ask?

Try “With state funding and private donations dwindling, the University of Louisville faces an “ominous” financial future, for which the only solution might be a long-term plan to grow the student body by 36 percent, its top leaders said Tuesday.”

No they haven’t but again - a lot more at play for him than simply graduating from UofL. Do you honestly think 500K is going to be the difference between whether he stays put or comes home?

You can believe it or not, but his father said again just last week that if UofL offers, he’s coming.
Where did he say that? Hadn't seen that anywhere. I do know his father told him to take the big ten job because there are only 14 jobs in the best conference. If he leaves, Purdue will just go out and find another really good coach. It's not going to be back to being bad, that's for sure.

Source?

With state funding and private donations dwindling, the University of Louisville faces an “ominous” financial future, for which the only solution might be a long-term plan to grow the student body by 36 percent, its top leaders said Tuesday.
Again,that 36 % growth is future enrollment growth. Not only that ,but the article says long term. Nowhere do I equate either with "inadequate enrollment growth" To me, the possibility of getting 36% growth in the future is ominous.Doesn'''t have anything to do with current rates or those of the last 5 years. Have you been on campus lately?Ours,that is.

I understand that you're using a trend to make your case. Do you happen to know the trend for UofL?

Last edited:
Where did he say that? Hadn't seen that anywhere. I do know his father told him to take the big ten job because there are only 14 jobs in the best conference. If he leaves, Purdue will just go out and find another really good coach. It's not going to be back to being bad, that's for sure.
No question moving from WKU to purdue was the right move and I have no doubt that Oscar counseled him to do so. That said, the part about him saying the big 10+4 being the best conference is dubious, because as a football fan - he knows better. I - nor anyone here is my guess - wish no I’ll will on purdue and hope that your upward trend continues - just not with JB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT