ADVERTISEMENT

Time to move on - Louisville at Georgia Tech

Cue Card

Four-Star Poster
Mar 7, 2011
On paper this game looked to be a sure win a month ago but now after the Jones situation and all the uncertainty surrounding the program, the experts in Vegas have the Cards as a 4 point favorite. That's a 2 possession advantage over a team that is 12-15 on the season.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by silver52:
They should be able to win if they can shoot over 15% and make 45& of their free throws.Roughly the first half stats against Miami on Saturday...

Cards have had a hard time taking big leads in first halves of games. We have let middling teams hang around, or in some cases go into the half trailing.

Jones ability to disrupt opposing offenses is now a memory.

We tend to play better on the road than we do at home, so maybe the team can come out focused.

This team is still looking for an identity. It might go down as a squad that imploded. Or, something completely else.

I am going to be paying close attention to body language of the players, see if they are locked into the game, united, etc. The team, from the outside looking in, has appeared to not get along. Perhaps the dismissal of Jones will bring the team more together in that regard.

We will see.

This will almost certainly be a close game. GT's largest margin of defeat at home is 5 points despite losing several games there. They lost by 4 to ND and 1 to Syracuse. They also lost by 6 @ Duke. Any margin of victory should be acceptable for both games this week.

UofL had some helluva games between them and Tech.

They played 12 games, almost eevery year between 88 and 97, including 3 times in the calender year of 97.

Watch them on youtube if any of you have missed them.

Cant wait for the game tonite !

It is time to move on. No other choice. I'm going to miss the game today but I'm going to DVR it. I'll be checking the score though and hope the team is able to rally from losing Jones.

Wayne 4 straight missed free throws and a walk on the break. I am sorry no excuse for senior to go to the line and miss 4 straight.

Louisville 's first half , makes me want to
sick0020.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT