ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Today's Game?

A learning process. We need to learn how to keep the intensity with a lead. It’s also learning process for Satt and staff. When Smith went out that seemed to have a pretty big effect. We need others to step up.
Not sure we can beat WF at this point, but anything is possible. Baby steps

^ Very realistic take.

O will need to be primed for a shoot out like 2 years ago at WF. They don't quit and never give up. This will be the Cards toughest ACC opponent with the game being on their turf. They will be looking to hold serve.

Another shoot out with them is what I see. Hope the D can get enough stops for the O to win the game. Batten down the hatches for this game.

^ Very realistic take.

O will need to be primed for a shoot out like 2 years ago at WF. They don't quit and never give up. This will be the Cards toughest ACC opponent with the game being on their turf. They will be looking to hold serve.

Another shoot out with them is what I see. Hope the D can get enough stops for the O to win the game. Batten down the hatches for this game.
Yeah I hate that both WF and NCST are on the road. They’ll both be tough

Reactions: Mayoman
We started our prevent D way too early, combined with poor 2nd half play calling.
Reminded me of Strong. We lost the UCF game because of that very same thing. Let’s hope Satt and Brown learned an important lesson the easy way…..without a loss

Last edited:
Reactions: rockycard
No deep thinking required for me. I’m tickled as hell. This was only our second win ever in Tallahassee, the first being in 1952. It was a road conference win. Good times.
Wrong. Cards won in Tallahassee 31 to 28 in 2018. We have now won 4 out of the past 6 games against FSU.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Yeah I hate that both WF and NCST are on the road. They’ll both be tough
We are going to both games. Wake is nice. The people. The place. NC State is a tough place to play.

If we win just ONE of these games, it should be considered a successful season.
Wake and NC State are both good teams.

Reactions: CardsFirst
You are going to get uneven performances when players are equal in talent. The 1st half the offense got exactly what they saw on tape from Florida States defense. 2nd half FSU made changes and Louisville didn’t execute. That is what happens in college especially to young teams.

Defense played extremely well except to 2 back to back drives. Other than that very good game. I am not a big fan of showing early rush 3 sitting back 8 but it worked.

Wake is a legit team. That is the model Satterfield is trying to copy. Older guys that fit their style of play. Louisville can get higher end guys than Wake. Fans just have to be patient.

Louisville is beat up.

The play calling was essentially the same in the second half as the first. Our execution was not nearly as good in half two. Some of that was due to FSU’s defense, and some to our very poor blocking. As an example of the adjustment that FSU made at the half, when they saw how we were killing them with the intermediate passing game, they chose to disrupt that by jamming our receivers at the line to throw off the timing.

They also started dropping safety into the box late on early downs. Malik said it in his post game if FSU played the same defense Louisville would of scored 60. There was no way Louisville was going to keep that pace up offensively. FSU has good coaches they adjusted. Louisville still has to figure out a way though to score or at least sustain some drives.

Good win…..any win is good. We forget that.

MC admitted they had a case of “we got this one” at
HT.

Hopefully they learned to stay focused 60 minutes ago

The play calling was essentially the same in the second half as the first. Our execution was not nearly as good in half two. Some of that was due to FSU’s defense, and some to our very poor blocking. As an example of the adjustment that FSU made at the half, when they saw how we were killing them with the intermediate passing game, they chose to disrupt that by jamming our receivers at the line to throw off the timing.

Exactly, but FSU made adjustments and we didn’t counter by changing up ourselves.

Man,we killed wake last year and they are not much different, other than being experienced. I like our chances, and it would be epic to start 2-0 in conference play. Wake sure is looking solid, but I like our progression in the skilled players. Got burned on some run plays at FSU, we get that solved and it'll be a game.

Exactly, but FSU made adjustments and we didn’t counter by changing up ourselves.
Coach said that they didn't execute like they should have in the second half which is what led to the offensive woes. I'm not sure if that is coach speak or not but it sounds somewhat reasonable to me.

A road win and we held off a late charge. FSU isn't great, but they're talented. We needed that win. A game we could've lost, we closed the deal. A game we were supposed to win and could've sent us into a tailspin.

So now we're on pace for a bowl. We still have some issues with offensive adjustments. We seem like we get stagnant at times. The defense held tough, bending but not breaking. I'm still interested if the depth will hold up because the injuries are starting to hit a bit.

Overall, we showed again that we're mentally tough like the 2019 season where we just figured out how to win games. Now we'll see where we stand with a solid Wake Forrest team.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT