ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan/Guerendo

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Just wondering what everybody thought about how JB approaches the game Saturday. I was wondering if I heard JB right post game when he brought up the fumble that was almost #3 for the Cards on the goal line and what almost was #2 for Jordan...almost.
However,I wondered why he brought it up.
Obviously,this can be looked at two ways.
Motivational speak for Jordan or the signaling of a little different direction going forward with Guerendo,who's undoubtedly blossoming right now.

Love both these guys. Thoughts as this Offense prepares for the biggest game for The Program in a while?

I think Jordan is still dinged up and that accounts for his diminished production. BTW, I'm a huge Jordan fan and he was clearly one of the top backs in America before being slowed by injury. I think he needs to be used more selectively, maybe more outside stuff and screens. Turner can assume some of his carries, he has proven to be a tough, solid runner and screen guy.
Guerendo keeps making plays and is now our big play threat. He's also dangerous on screens and has had several big kick off returns.

I think Jordan is still dinged up and that accounts for his diminished production. BTW, I'm a huge Jordan fan and he was clearly one of the top backs in America before being slowed by injury. I think he needs to be used more selectively, maybe more outside stuff and screens. Turner can assume some of his carries, he has proven to be a tough, solid runner and screen guy.
Guerendo keeps making plays and is now our big play threat. He's also dangerous on screens and has had several big kick off returns.
Three guys that can break it on any play with three styles. Guerendo really knows how to follow his blocks and looks to be a guy that gets better as the game wears on.
Agree about Jordan and the injury.

I heard and wonder if it is true that Jordon’s hamstring is still an issue and that he’s also having an issue with an ankle.

I think the plan will stay basically the same. Likely will depend on just how healthy Jordan is. Start Jordan and hope he breaks one early. Bring in Turner early if Jordan tires and then bring in Guerendo when the defense is worn down trying to stop Jordan and Turner. Yeah, I would try and run a couple more screens for Guerendo and get him out in space. Really don't want to see Plummer run at all unless he protects the ball more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT