ADVERTISEMENT

The rest of the country is sending a message...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you keep trying to make my overarching issue one of basketball, and it's not. We shouldn't be playing them in ANY games incl. football and baseball, both in which we have sizeable advantages.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

"Elite program", my a$$...
Well I went over to the football thread and I couldn't find your thread advocating dropping UK football from the schedule. I'm sure less people outside the state have an interest in that game. Also I find it highly comical that you profess to know what Jurich seems to want when you act and mimic that other AD... Smart mouth and evil grin ☺️

Reactions: Deli owl
Mayo you're lost, my good man. Just sit back and enjoy my posts as I do yours. And I love you too... :D

Well I went over to the football thread and I couldn't find your thread advocating dropping UK football from the schedule. I'm sure less people outside the state have an interest in that game. Also I find it highly comical that you profess to know what Jurich seems to want when you act and mimic that other AD... Smart mouth and evil grin ☺️
So you can't find a post or thread where I've advocated dropping LPT in all sports? Really?

How hard are you looking?...

Excuses. There are no marquee basketball games--esp. on weekdays--in the latter half of Dec. Just a bunch of cats and dogs in bowl games and meaningless basketball games. And it doesn't matter an ish where Xmas and New Year's falls.

Live in denial if you want.

So you think playing the game on Christmas Eve is a good idea? Let's just preempt "It's a Wonderful Life".

So you think playing the game on Christmas Eve is a good idea? Let's just preempt "It's a Wonderful Life".
When the hell did Xmas get moved to Dec 22nd? The game's gonna be buried on the 21st.

When the hell did Xmas get moved to Dec 22nd? The game's gonna be buried on the 21st.

Well, I said the game couldn't be played on Saturday Dec 24 because it was Christmas Eve and then you said "Excuses". I know you are all over the board on this, but your strange post seemed to indicate that you think Xmas Eve being on a Saturday was no big deal in regards to playing the game.

Reactions: Mayoman
Well, we can all just sit back and resurrect the BB game from the grave as we celebrate an early x-mas present watching the Cards beat the Cats.

An added plus.....this years annual rivalry game will not interfere with the anticipated bowl game whichever that may be.

I was just found cause that is the opposite of being lost. Works for me.;)

Is that the best you got Zipp? When you have no answers to my questions, tell me I'm lost = go away, you bother me. Really?

Cheers!

Reactions: PHCARD and Deli owl
Only one time.....that was enough.....when my Father found it......well, it gets ugly from there.

So I guess the arena will be mostly empty when they play?

And don't forget, no one will watch it on tv. The rating will be 0.1. This message board will be dead all week too. Nobody will care about the game. Only a handful of hardcore card fans

The arena will have about 18,000 U of L fans and about 4,000 slapd!cks. The fans of each school watch the game on TV regardless of time and place.

ESPN is burying the game alongside games like the following:

Auburn vs. New Mexico
BYU vs. Harvard
Iowa State at Cincinnati
Michigan State at Oakland
Tennessee Tech at Iowa
Mercer at Ohio State
California at Virginia
Oklahoma vs. Washington State
Northern Iowa at Hawaii
Central Conn. at Connecticut
Missouri vs. Illinois
Utah Valley at Louisville
TCU at Bradley
Pepperdine at Portland

That is, games that aired on Dec 22-23 last year. The game has little national interest which is impossible for slapd!cks and some U of L fans to accept. ESPN will simply keep sending the message.

The arena will have about 18,000 U of L fans and about 4,000 slapd!cks. The fans of each school watch the game on TV regardless of time and place.

Auburn vs. New Mexico
BYU vs. Harvard
Iowa State at Cincinnati
Tennessee Tech at Iowa
Mercer at Ohio State
California at Virginia
Northern Iowa at Hawaii
Missouri vs. Illinois
TCU at Bradley
Pepperdine at Portland

That is, games that aired on Dec 22-23 last year. The game has little national interest which is impossible for slapd!cks and some U of L fans to accept. ESPN will simply keep sending the message.

Try as you might, you're espousing a wholly subjective conclusion that is unprovable - hence its subjectivity. Furthermore, your point is deservedly falling on deaf ears, as the bottom line is that fans of the two programs want to, and will, watch the game regardless of platform or, time frame.

My suggestion to you is that you make the only principled stand you can, and simply boycott any athletic contest between the two schools.

Try as you might, you're espousing a wholly subjective conclusion that is unprovable - hence its subjectivity. Furthermore, your point is deservedly falling on deaf ears, as the bottom line is that fans of the two programs want to, and will, watch the game regardless of platform or, time frame...
LPT and U of L fans are not the issue. This thread's about the decline in national interest for this game. The only deaf ears are blocked ears. Try taking your fingers out.
...My suggestion to you is that you make the only principled stand you can, and simply boycott any athletic contest between the two schools.
Without regard for your ability to articulate a "principled stand", how do you reckon that to be right course of action when this debate is about just one game on the basketball schedule?

And for the record, I don't routinely attend this game anymore for reasons that have nothing to do with "principles".

LPT and U of L fans are not the issue. This thread's about the decline in national interest for this game. The only deaf ears are blocked ears. Try taking your fingers out.

Without regard for your ability to articulate a "principled stand", how do you reckon that to be right course of action when this debate is about just one game on the basketball schedule?

And for the record, I don't routinely attend this game anymore for reasons that have nothing to do with "principles".

I understand why you believe the fans are not the issue. You are on record as wanting to two schools to stop competing and part of your rationale has been that the contests are just not that important. High turn outs / sell outs at the contests between the two schools are an objective measure and, tell a decidedly different story regarding interest level than your narrative.

You can't refute those numbers (though it wouldn't surprise me in the least were you to try) so you attempt to make your point with this subjective nonsense about how ESPN feels about the game. Plenty of objective and subjective rebuttals to your assertion have been made in this thread but they've all fallen on your deaf / blocked ears.

I mention that if you wish to see Louisville and Kentucky stop competing, you should not attend any of those events. Perhaps others will follow your actions and stop attending as well. That would be the quickest end to the arrangement - not what day of the week the basketball game is scheduled.

Auburn vs. New Mexico
BYU vs. Harvard
Iowa State at Cincinnati
Tennessee Tech at Iowa
Mercer at Ohio State
California at Virginia
Northern Iowa at Hawaii
Missouri vs. Illinois
TCU at Bradley
Pepperdine at Portland

I guess we better take the Kentucky Derby off the air... Nobody gives a flip except the people in attendance and those in the Commonwealth.

Auburn vs. New Mexico
BYU vs. Harvard
Iowa State at Cincinnati
Tennessee Tech at Iowa
Mercer at Ohio State
California at Virginia
Northern Iowa at Hawaii
Missouri vs. Illinois
TCU at Bradley
Pepperdine at Portland

I'm still waiting on a decent rebuttal to the FACT that the game garnered the 3rd highest ratings for a college game on ESPN the last time it aired on ESPN.

I'm still waiting on a decent rebuttal to the FACT that the game garnered the 3rd highest ratings for a college game on ESPN the last time it aired on ESPN.
Biggest guppy in the pond.

I'm still waiting for an explanation why a game with the "3rd highest ratings for a college game on ESPN the last time it aired on ESPN" is now relegated to the same slot that Utah Valley had on U of L's schedule last year? What is ESPN missing??

I guess we better take the Kentucky Derby off the air... Nobody gives a flip except the people in attendance and those in the Commonwealth.
Biggest horse race of the year--nobody debates that--which is in essence the horse racing Supper Bowl.

Always staged the same weekend, the same time, with hours--make that days--of broadcasting leading up to it.

Find me those parallels for the LPT game.

I understand why you believe the fans are not the issue. You are on record as wanting to two schools to stop competing and part of your rationale has been that the contests are just not that important. High turn outs / sell outs at the contests between the two schools are an objective measure and, tell a decidedly different story regarding interest level than your narrative.

You can't refute those numbers (though it wouldn't surprise me in the least were you to try) so you attempt to make your point with this subjective nonsense about how ESPN feels about the game. Plenty of objective and subjective rebuttals to your assertion have been made in this thread but they've all fallen on your deaf / blocked ears.

I mention that if you wish to see Louisville and Kentucky stop competing, you should not attend any of those events. Perhaps others will follow your actions and stop attending as well. That would be the quickest end to the arrangement - not what day of the week the basketball game is scheduled.
Fan interest does not drive the schedule. Anymore than we're trying to get Cincy and WKU on our football schedules or more quality teams on our home OOC basketball schedule. U of L athletics won't utter those words, but that's what they practice. Try asking Pitino sometimes if he takes fans' attitudes into account when setting a schedule.

And we have several thousand U of L season ticket holders every other year peddling their LPT tickets to slapd!cks. That doesn't sound to me like a ticket in high demand by U of L season ticket holders.

Some U of L fans are still lost in the legacy of the LPT game. That's why grounding the debate in ESPN and national interest has relevance. U of L fans are too close to the situation.

I've refuted all the points that the little brothers among us still try to make. You just don't like the answers which doesn't make it my problem...

Biggest guppy in the pond.

I'm still waiting for an explanation why a game with the "3rd highest ratings for a college game on ESPN the last time it aired on ESPN" is now relegated to the same slot that Utah Valley had on U of L's schedule last year? What is ESPN missing??

So you have no rebuttal for this fact

As to your question, I've already addressed the fact that they game cannot be played on Saturday because of Christmas Eve and New Years Eve football.

Biggest horse race of the year--nobody debates that--which is in essence the horse racing Supper Bowl.

Always staged the same weekend, the same time, with hours--make that days--of broadcasting leading up to it.

Find me those parallels for the LPT game.

Same weekend? Are your really a Louisville fan. Everyone knows that the Derby is the first Saturday in May, not same day every year. I am surprised you don't know that.

So you have no rebuttal for this fact

As to your question, I've already addressed the fact that they game cannot be played on Saturday because of Christmas Eve and New Years Eve football.
There are 51 other Saturdays available. And the Duke-UNC game is often not on a Saturday, although it's always showcased by ESPN...

There are 51 other Saturdays available. And the Duke-UNC game is often not on a Saturday, although it's always showcased by ESPN...

Your original point was that ESPN was minimizing the game by taking it off the weekend. Thanks for reinforcing my position by pointing that out about unc Duke though.

Wrong again. The first game between the two is usually Tuesday or Wednesday while the 2nd game is usually the last weekend (sat.) of the ACC regular season.

Wrong again. The first game between the two is usually Tuesday or Wednesday while the 2nd game is usually the last weekend (sat.) of the ACC regular season.
Doesn't matter... It's WAAAAAAAAY more hyped by ESPN than the LPT game, which really isn't hyped at all.

"Buried" is more the operative term for our game. As it probably should be.

Your original point was that ESPN was minimizing the game by taking it off the weekend. Thanks for reinforcing my position by pointing that out about unc Duke though.
Again, ESPN always hypes and showcases the Duke-UNC game regardless. The day of the week doesn't matter as much as the (over-)emphasis ESPN gives the game. ESPN doesn't give a rat's a$$ about your game with LPT anymore, as it should be.

Playing LPT doesn't matter much to anyone outside of LPT Nation except for closet little brothers. You need to shake that stuff off...

Doesn't matter... It's WAAAAAAAAY more hyped by ESPN than the LPT game, which really isn't hyped at all.

"Buried" is more the operative term for our game. As it probably should be.

If it isn't hyped, it is even more impressive that it garnered the highest game ratings outside of UNC-Duke.

Again, ESPN always hypes and showcases the Duke-UNC game regardless. The day of the week doesn't matter as much as the (over-)emphasis ESPN gives the game. ESPN doesn't give a rat's a$$ about your game with LPT anymore, as it should be.

Playing LPT doesn't matter much to anyone outside of LPT Nation except for closet little brothers. You need to shake that stuff off...

The data you have provided has been amazing!

The data you have provided has been amazing!
It doesn't matter to me and it doesn't matter to UL fans rather ESPN thinks that the game is important or not. We here in the commonwealth love the game for bragging rights for the year. I love the game and so do 99% of the people here on this board and at UL.
Zipp......unless you are not understanding......we don't care what you SAY ESPN feels about the game. Which we don't believe in the least anyway, WE want to see it and the rest don't matter.

...I love the game and so do 99% of the people here on this board and at UL...
So 'splain to me how four thousand or so U of L "lovers" of the game peddle their tickets for this game to slapd!cks every other year? Something doesn't compute.

Does anybody else think it strange that zipp says, "ESPN doesn't give a rats azz about YOUR game anymore... " As I thought, he's no U of L fan...

Fan interest does not drive the schedule. Anymore than we're trying to get Cincy and WKU on our football schedules or more quality teams on our home OOC basketball schedule. U of L athletics won't utter those words, but that's what they practice. Try asking Pitino sometimes if he takes fans' attitudes into account when setting a schedule.

And we have several thousand U of L season ticket holders every other year peddling their LPT tickets to slapd!cks. That doesn't sound to me like a ticket in high demand by U of L season ticket holders.

Some U of L fans are still lost in the legacy of the LPT game. That's why grounding the debate in ESPN and national interest has relevance. U of L fans are too close to the situation.

I've refuted all the points that the little brothers among us still try to make. You just don't like the answers which doesn't make it my problem...

Fan interest may not drive the entire schedule but if you think that fan interest (starting with those fans in the Ky legislature years ago) hasn't driven the series between the two schools in multiple sports, you are certifiably insane. You don't think that Pitino would LOVE to take the game off of the schedule?? He hates the game - it's only the backlash that Jurich knows the fan base would give that keeps it going.

Your point regarding tickets being sold to yut fans is classic Zipp in its intentional mis-characterization of the reality to shape it to your conclusion. The reality is that many of those seats ate corporately owned and believe it or not, they are given to customers or employees that will cheer for the yuts over UofL when the two play. Other seats are definitely sold by season ticket holders to yut fans willing to pay hundreds over face value in most years - effectively paying for most of their season. As a season ticket holder, Im fortunate enough not to have to worry about being in that position and, I wish they wouldn't do it but, I can't say that I don't understand it. You say you don't go to this game - my guess is because you don't want to shell out the $ it takes to get in the door.

Fans enjoy the game - it's legacy and its present day value to them. You don't which is fine but your attempts to prove why your position is correct, are statistically nonsensical. Why should fans of either program give a rat's ass about how it's "thought of nationally"? The better question is, why do you?

You've "refuted" points - lol. The only one that thinks that is you and even your assertion of this rings hollow. I've said it before - your condescension and fake facts would fit in way better on Raftards. Maybe give it a shot.

Reactions: Mayoman
Does anybody else think it strange that zipp says, "ESPN doesn't give a rats azz about YOUR game anymore... " As I thought, he's no U of L fan...
I'm not a little brother who can't let it go. I think you're the guy too often taking up slapd!ck arguments.

I'm not a little brother who can't let it go. I think you're the guy too often taking up slapd!ck arguments.

And there you have it - the ultimate canard. Any point made that doesn't agree with a Zipp take on the matter, is a "slapd!ck argument ". :confused:

Fan interest may not drive the entire schedule but if you think that fan interest (starting with those fans in the Ky legislature years ago) hasn't driven the series between the two schools in multiple sports, you are certifiably insane. You don't think that Pitino would LOVE to take the game off of the schedule?? He hates the game - it's only the backlash that Jurich knows the fan base would give that keeps it going...
I seriously doubt you know how these guys think. It almost took an act of the legislature to START the LPT game. At least get your info straight. And I don't think Jurich anticipates backlash either way. The little brothers among us will whine, but the more enlightened fans will see the wisdom of dropping them. You can't please everyone, which is why Jurich lets money make his decisions.
...Your point regarding tickets being sold to yut fans is classic Zipp in its intentional mis-characterization of the reality to shape it to your conclusion. The reality is that many of those seats ate corporately owned and believe it or not, they are given to customers or employees that will cheer for the yuts over UofL when the two play. Other seats are definitely sold by season ticket holders to yut fans willing to pay hundreds over face value in most years - effectively paying for most of their season...
You're simply rationalizing why/how U of L season ticket holders give up their tickets. The fact remains your own season ticket holders don't value going to the game. You're in effect taking credit for demand from slapd!cks to prove how strong your own demand for the game is. That's weak sauce and typical of a little brother mind game.
...As a season ticket holder, Im fortunate enough not to have to worry about being in that position and, I wish they wouldn't do it but, I can't say that I don't understand it...
Again, that's rationalizing. You're a little brother, and you don't understand why more fans aren't little brothers. I understand it perfectly.
...You say you don't go to this game - my guess is because you don't want to shell out the $ it takes to get in the door...
I'm not shelling out more than it takes to go to, say, watch Duke or UNC. Not paying for that is totally consistent with my view that the game doesn't mean anything more.
...Fans enjoy the game - it's legacy and its present day value to them. You don't which is fine but your attempts to prove why your position is correct, are statistically nonsensical. Why should fans of either program give a rat's ass about how it's "thought of nationally"? The better question is, why do you?

You've "refuted" points - lol. The only one that thinks that is you and even your assertion of this rings hollow. I've said it before - your condescension and fake facts would fit in way better on Raftards. Maybe give it a shot.
Little brothers and idiots enjoy the game. (Idiots are those who like getting beat.) Also a little curious how you know what would work so well among the slapd!cks. Curious in that they also like playing the game.

And there you have it - the ultimate canard. Any point made that doesn't agree with a Zipp take on the matter, is a "slapd!ck argument ". :confused:
On this subject, little brothers and slapd!cks sound a lot alike.

I seriously doubt you know how these guys think. It almost took an act of the legislature to START the LPT game. At least get your info straight. And I don't think Jurich anticipates backlash either way. The little brothers among us will whine, but the more enlightened fans will see the wisdom of dropping them. You can't please everyone, which is why Jurich lets money make his decisions.

You're simply rationalizing why/how U of L season ticket holders give up their tickets. The fact remains your own season ticket holders don't value going to the game. You're in effect taking credit for demand from slapd!cks to prove how strong your own demand for the game is. That's weak sauce and typical of a little brother mind game.

Again, that's rationalizing. You're a little brother, and you don't understand why more fans aren't little brothers. I understand it perfectly.

I'm not shelling out more than it takes to go to, say, watch Duke or UNC. Not paying for that is totally consistent with my view that the game doesn't mean anything more.

Little brothers and idiots enjoy the game. (Idiots are those who like getting beat.) Also a little curious how you know what would work so well among the slapd!cks. Curious in that they also like playing the game.

1. I used to think that you were intentionally obtuse, using it as a strategy to gloss over those facts that didn't fit your narrative and that you couldn't rationally answer. I now think I was perhaps giving you too much credit. My entire reason for mentioning the legislature was because it almost took their action to force the yut administration to give the fans what they wanted - an ongoing basketball (and now multiple other sports) series. Yet somehow that point sailed over your head. Hmmm ...

2. You "seriously doubt that (I) know how these guys think", and yet my (and multiple other people on here) reasoning is consistent with what is actually happening. Yet not a sentence later, you don't "think" Jurich anticipates fan backlash - a notion that is totally at odds with the manner in which he goes about his job. TJ is the best AD in the country because he anticipates literally everything and does his best to put himself in the fan's shoes - and factors that in when making decisions as he's on record saying many times.

3. Given that rationalization is the cornerstone of each of your positions at some point during their shelf life, it's no wonder why you would accuse others of the same. I'm not rationalizing anything, I'm simply explaining a real life dynamic that you are either too intellectually dishonest or, not bright enough to understand. The fact that some UofL season ticket holders would sell their seats to yut fans and reap hundreds of dollars in profit shows that unlike those yut fans, they have a rational, common sense approach to the situation and aren't using emotion to drive their actions.

In any case, the insinuation that this is an example of a lack of fan interest interest in the series, shows a clear lack of understanding on your part of human behavior and, simple economics. Well, at least other's decision making process that governs their behavior as relates to the economic decisions they make for themselves. You clearly understand your own behavior and motivations, when you admit that its economic factors that keep you away from the game.

So to sum up, in your world being too cheap to pay for that ticket is a virtue but, selling a commodity that you own for enormous profit is a vice. Tell me again about rationalization - lol.

4. You keep throwing around the term "little brother" - meant as an insult, a way to denigrate those who disagree with your position. That's directly from the yut playbook and is as laughably ignorant when you say it, as when they do. Both you and they bring out that term when you have nowhere else to turn - when your collective rationales are at their most paper thin but, both of you fail to realize that it's a label that has no power to those among us who are secure in their situation. No less than Jurich himself has embraced that moniker as a positive.

Tell me again - you're a UofL fan? Other than cluttering up a message board with 30K posts, I sure don't see any evidence of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT