ADVERTISEMENT

The Crap Journal is reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
Our home town garbage of a newspaper is reporting that the University of Louisville is using a high dollar search company to find us the best AD. WHAT!!! If that is the case then why is our interim AD making all these announcements about athletic program. Am I the only on confused?

Our home town garbage of a newspaper is reporting that the University of Louisville is using a high dollar search company to find us the best AD. WHAT!!! If that is the case then why is our interim AD making all these announcements about athletic program. Am I the only on confused?

This was reported last week. It’s already been on the board. Their paying somewhere around $265,000 for their service. It’s the same search firm Texas used to find CCS

You're talking about hiring for a position that will pay $20-40 million over the next 10 years and will be responsible for well over a billion dollars in revenue over that period. $265,000 is the price you pay to make sure you make the right hire. And we need the help now more than ever with the interim president and still green, governor-appointed board. Don't be penny wise and dollar stupid.

Nothing in there of substance. Just another CJ hatchet piece...

Maybe a hatchet piece in the sense that it buries Jurich fanboy narratives. Common sense always pointed in the direction that Mark Jurich was unjustly promoted and grossly overpaid due to nepotistic practices. I argued this point ad nauseum on our football board right after his firing and was told that my claims were baseless.

Folks were adamant that MJ was a rainmaker in the world of fundraising. After all, he had all that "official documentation" to prove it.

I think the biggest problem with your argument is that at the time of his firing Mark was the leading fundraiser. The other problem is now that the idiots in charge did all this the donations to the university have plummeted.
I think a correction is needed and that would involve getting rid of Postel, Grissom, Tyra and anyone else involved.

There was no problem with my argument. If anything, it turned out to be prophetic. All I did was question the accuracy of documentation of his fundraising prowess which many of you suggested was blasphemy. I also said he was overpaid and unfairly promoted - all of which others in the department who worked with him are now saying. Did you bother to read the piece?

There was no problem with my argument. If anything, it turned out to be prophetic. All I did was question the accuracy of documentation of his fundraising prowess which many of you suggested was blasphemy. I also said he was overpaid and unfairly promoted - all of which others in the department who worked with him are now saying. Did you bother to read the piece?
I've never had a problem with pay for performance (just maybe self appointed prophets...) How's clown show fund raising going now?

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

Reactions: brookstreet
Why assume I am for the current regime because I point out problems with the old one? Further, how can you assume that "pay for performance " was happening with Jurich the Younger? His daddy's performance, I was a fan of. His? Can't really quantify it unless you go by the "documentation" he helped author. Hell, even Kenny Kline admitted the fundraising wasn't directly attributable to MJ- as if anyone with a brain needed to be told otherwise.

Last edited:
Why assume I am for the current regime because I point out problems with the old one? Further, how can you assume that "pay for performance " was happening with Jurich the Younger? His daddy's performance, I was a fan of. His? Can't really quantify it unless you go by the "documentation" he helped author. Hell, even Kenny Kline admitted the fundraising wasn't directly attributable to MJ- as if anyone with a brain needed to be told otherwise.

Unfortunately on here we see the same thing as we see in politics today. Some people are hell-bent on making things black or white. God forbid you have mutually exclusive nuanced views on things.

Reactions: STLNBSE
Maybe a hatchet piece in the sense that it buries Jurich fanboy narratives. Common sense always pointed in the direction that Mark Jurich was unjustly promoted and grossly overpaid due to nepotistic practices. I argued this point ad nauseum on our football board right after his firing and was told that my claims were baseless.

Folks were adamant that MJ was a rainmaker in the world of fundraising. After all, he had all that "official documentation" to prove it.

Just going to leave this link right here:

https://twitter.com/mark_jurich

New post up about 4 hours ago.

Your claims are still baseless...how about you actually do some research (or wait till the facts come out) before making judgement of people. It might help you "attune" your definition of Common Sense.

Reactions: zipp
So Mark's personal Twitter account voicing a contrary opinion of news that painted him in a negative light constitutes "research?" How rigorous and persuasive of you.

Reactions: Ugoff
I get that part, but is blasting the current board, president and AD positive? That's what the vocal majority on this board do.

No, but there nothing positive to say about the current administration and if you were a Cardinal fan you would be able t understand that.

Reactions: brookstreet
I think the thing that bothers real Cardinal fans is when we have people constantly posting negative things about our program. Then they falsely claim to be a Cardinal fan with a different point of view.
No, but there nothing positive to say about the current administration and if you were a Cardinal fan you would be able t understand that.

This seems contradictory

Lol....the old resort to questioning of fanhood. If you could read (doubtful) you'll see where I've never endorsed the new regime. In fact, Tyra is the only one I am giving a shot. Grissom and Postel are as dead to me as Jurich.

So in other words Koz, negativity is ok as long as it's the brand of negativity you prefer? I'd say that makes you about as reasonable as most around here.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
We all know Knucklehank is not a Card fan why he spends so much time on here is sad. I guess the verdict is still out in you but time will tell.

Knucklehank, when we post negative comments about a current administration that is hurting our program that is actually positive. Once again it is sad I have to explain that to you, how old are you?
I am not positive about any of the people put in place Postel, Grissom, Tyra or the BOT. These people were appointed to their positions they did not go through a job search and compete for their jobs. Now Postel wants to go through a fake job search to find the best candidate for the AD job.

We all know Knucklehank is not a Card fan why he spends so much time on here is sad. I guess the verdict is still out in you but time will tell.

Again the old measure of fandom when you run up against your own contradicting statements. I’m at every basketball game, every home football game, many away football games and a fair number of baseball games if you want to compare.

It's the most overused and pathetic response on these boards, yet the crutch they fall back on when all their silly points are exposed.

STLNBSE, who is the " they " you refer to do you mean Cardinal fans. Knucklehank your post doesn't even make sense. How am I making a contradictory statement just because you say you go to games?

Here you go...now get off our board.

"Your board." Lol....sorry if as a real Cards fan, grad, and season ticket holder I don't acquiesce to your ignorance and allow your cronies to continue to act as the message board mob. Look, I get it. You all really, really love Tom Jurich. So does Larry Benz. Personal letters prove zilch. It's completely fair to question whether many of you are Tom fans or Louisville fans.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
I said earlier the verdict is still out on you but you keep referring to Cardinal fans as 3rd party.

STLNBSE, who is the " they " you refer to do you mean Cardinal fans. Knucklehank your post doesn't even make sense. How am I making a contradictory statement just because you say you go to games?

"They" would be the message board maffiosos like yourself who love Tom at the expense of being a real fan. Then you claimed not to like negativity unless it's your own pervasive and obnoxious negativity about the current administration.

"They" would be the message board maffiosos like yourself who love Tom at the expense of being a real fan. Then you claimed not to like negativity unless it's your own pervasive and obnoxious negativity about the current administration.

That's because the current administration is a bunch of incompetent goobers, led by Grissom with Suntan boy TYRA tied to Posthole's hip.

Just ask Mark Jurich about the current clown show who was let go for NO reason.

You say you hate all the negative posts about the program and then say you have no positive posts to make. Those would be contradictory.

STLNBSE, so you're saying liking Tom Jurich shows your not a real fan. Have you been living under a rock or out of town for a LONG time? Tom Jurich transformed our campus, helped us into the Big East from there to the ACC. He has accomplished more than all the other AD's in Louisville history put together, of course I am loyal to Jurich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT