ADVERTISEMENT

The Courier is a ginormous piece of garbage.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
DLYCbbxUEAADe8V.jpg

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
Never expect anything worth reading from that bird caging liner. Haven't bought a CJ paper in several years, and stopped going to their website once they tried to charge for content. I'm never going to pay to read garbage.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. A large majority of real journalism has been lost for years.

Current story that they are running now is that TJ makes as much as four athletic departments. Kind of makes it clear that they have an agenda.

I believe it actually says four departments, not athletic departments. But I also read Jurich made twice as much as any other AD in the country.

NEW: #UofL pays Tom Jurich more than it pays its English, Math, Biology and History departments.

Reactions: nccardfan
I was thinking the same thing the other day when they had an article that read "Is David Padgett related to Scott Padgett." They also had a couple of other articles just as lame. The big problem is they do this on a regular basis.

It's a fvcking joke. In no way shape or form should any AD make that amount of money.
And no athlete should make 30 million a season, and no actor should make 10 million a movie, and no coach should make 7 million a season, and on and on and on. If you want to have the larger conversation about society’s misplaced priorities and value - that’s fine but - in a free market economy, excellence is going to be rewarded. People who bring outstanding value are at a premium and are in high demand.

There were (are) at least 5-10 other universities where Jurich could have as much if not more.

And no athlete should make 30 million a season, and no actor should make 10 million a movie, and no coach should make 7 million a season, and on and on and on. If you want to have the larger conversation about society’s misplaced priorities and value - that’s fine but - in a free market economy, excellence is going to be rewarded. People who bring outstanding value are at a premium and are in high demand.

There were (are) at least 5-10 other universities where Jurich could have as much if not more.
Apples to oranges comparisons. FTR the apparent "value" of TJ hardly seems worth it, considering the circumstances.

Yeah? Which ones? There are plenty of other programs who have equivalent success to us, yet how much are they paying their AD?

Reactions: Mike-D and blubo
Apples to oranges comparisons. FTR the apparent "value" of TJ hardly seems worth it, considering the circumstances.
Yes, your subjective opinion on the subject has been noted repeatedly. Do you have any objective facts to go along with it?

Yeah? Which ones? There are plenty of other programs who have equivalent success to us, yet how much are they paying their AD?
A better question is - what university has had the same upward trajectory as Louisville in the same time span?

Reactions: JohnCard28
Your posts continue to devolve further and further. Do you have anything substantive to say?
Do you? Seeing that I'm actually formulating actual content within the context of my posts, as opposed to deflection, and sad retorts trying to berate me any chance you get.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. A large majority of real journalism has been lost for years.

Real journalism doesn't seem to exist anymore. What we have now are activists with bylines and egomaniacs with a god complex using their keyboard to bully and slander and promote the special interests of their financial backers.

Reactions: martycat1
Some of their photography's not bad. :p

To keep them from getting your name wrong, the best thing to do is not give them the chance. Don't tell them who you are...

If he controlled the media, it's because his programs were winning....phenomenally often. ALL of them. No one in the media anywhere wants to rock a boat when things are good.

This latest thing about folks coming out of the woodwork with ' Well known' dirt is pretty bothersome. If it didn't worry you then, why now?

Reactions: CommodoreCard
UL1986, you do know this a sports forum don't you? Most of the post I see from you are negative about Louisville and almost all of your post are related to money spent.
I'm aware of the fact you guys are complete an utter homers and don't have the ability to be objective. If you've seen my posts on the main board for the past 7 years, I've done nothing but stick up for our program in the midst of all the Cats fans that pollute that board. However, I went to UofL as I'm sure many of you guys might of, and I care about the well being of our program from all angles.

Reactions: eastwood45789
UL1986, you do know this a sports forum don't you? Most of the post I see from you are negative about Louisville and almost all of your post are related to money spent.

He’s a troll. He was agreeing with a SuCk fan on another topic. Which as usual bashing UL. Trust me it’s not worth your time to discuss anything with him.

Don't worry about these dumb fan boys who are too ignorant to stand up to corruption and cronyism. The reasons for dismissal were outlined by the university president. There is no doubt that Ramsey, Jurich and Pitino had to go. They raided the cookie jar relentlessly and caused embarrassment as well as had NCAA violations on their watch. Nobody thinks Pitino should have gotten 98% of the Addidas money - Nobody. Like you, 86, I am a long time UL fan and backer and am highly embarrassed and pissed by what has happened. These blind fan boys are too dumb to defend this - because there is nothing to defend. So they are reduced to calling you names.
Agreed.

Don't worry about these dumb fan boys who are too ignorant to stand up to corruption and cronyism. The reasons for dismissal were outlined by the university president. There is no doubt that Ramsey, Jurich and Pitino had to go. They raided the cookie jar relentlessly and caused embarrassment as well as had NCAA violations on their watch. Nobody thinks Pitino should have gotten 98% of the Addidas money - Nobody. Like you, 86, I am a long time UL fan and backer and am highly embarrassed and pissed by what has happened. These blind fan boys are too dumb to defend this - because there is nothing to defend. So they are reduced to calling you names.
You don't have a fact to back up most of those accusations. If you think you do, post them. Same goes for anyone who agrees with you...

Dumb and ignorant. Wow. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BPGhost
It'll be interesting what you guys have to say once this unravels and your attachment to TJ & RP utterly falls apart. Should be a good laugh. However, I'll be supporting the Cards regardless. Perhaps one day you guys will see the light. LOL, who am I kidding, you homers won't. :D

You don't have a fact to back up most of those accusations. If you think you do, post them. Same goes for anyone who agrees with you...

I think zipp has a valid point. Why don’t Eastwood and 1986 state their facts so we’ll all be able to “hate” Tom Jurich. Rick Pitino’s day is over at UofL and I’d think you’d have the good sense to leave that BS alone.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Look - Zipp and Commodore won't even try to defend their position because they have nothing to defend. They have nothing to defend. They are as articulate and knowledgable as the victims of the 1960s hippie drug counter culture.

I think zipp has a valid point. Why don’t Eastwood and 1986 state their facts so we’ll all be able to “hate” Tom Jurich. Rick Pitino’s day is over at UofL and I’d think you’d have the good sense to leave that BS alone.

The fact of the matter is both are on administrative leave and will be terminated once the stipulations of their said contract are completed, due to their lack of ethics and moral code. What facts do you have that have been showcased nationally for everyone to see?

Last edited:

Show us what you have to refute what is coming from the UL administration, USA Today, the NCAA, the FBI and many sources. Come on breaux let's see it.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Show us what you have to refute what is coming from the UL administration, USA Today, the NCAA, the FBI and many sources. Come on breaux let's see it.
Yeah, I literally can't wait to hear the deflection. It's all "fake news". TJ didn't know anything was going on, etc. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Just like Rick, "They had no idea!."

Look - Zipp and Commodore won't even try to defend their position because they have nothing to defend. They have nothing to defend. They are as articulate and knowledgable as the victims of the 1960s hippie drug counter culture.
I didn't ask for personal attacks; I asked for evidence that you probably don't have.

And welcome to America where I don't have to defend someone's innocence. These guys are innocent until proven guilty, and that last part's on you. Give it your best shot...

Reactions: gocds
I didn't ask for personal attacks; I asked for evidence that you probably don't have.

And welcome to America where I don't have to defend someone's innocence. These guys are innocent until proven guilty, and that last part's on you. Give it your best shot...
What evidence do you have that they aren't guilty? The innocent until proven cliche is asinine in this circumstance.

Remember, Zipp. I was fighting the good fight with you on the MB, prior to these FBI allegations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT