ADVERTISEMENT

The Cards are currently projecting as a favorite in all 12 games.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001

Brett McMurphy

@Brett_McMurphy

Number of games projected as favorite in 2023 via @_Collin1 power ratings:

12-Alabama, Georgia, Louisville, Michigan, Washington
11-Clemson, Florida State (FSU at Clemson is projected as a pick) 11-Liberty, UNC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Alabama, Texas, Toledo, Tulane, Utah, Wisconsin
10-Air Force, Baylor, Boise State, Coastal Carolina, Maryland, Navy, Ole Miss, Oregon, Troy, WKU
9-Kentucky, Louisiana, LSU, Marshall, Memphis, NIU, North Texas, Notre Dame, Oregon State, Penn State, Rice, Texas Tech, UCLA

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
See, this doesn't surprise me that much and it's mostly due to the friendly schedule the Cards have. Jeff Brohm upgraded expectations and with his unbelievable portal success, the team looks poised to do some damage.

At the same time though it kinda of surprises me the Cards would be favored over Notre Dame. I mean picking the favorite now with both teams being 0 and 0, means the Cards are considered the better team. I've seen some early polls where ND is a top 10 team and yet to see Louisville in the top 25.

I can’t believe we would be favored against ND or UK.
Why not? Both are home games and neither are top 5 teams. I'm sure the line would be -1 against ND and -3 against UK.

This is not the Louisville team of the last few years with a lame offensive strategy and a inconsistent QB. What Brohm brings is undeniable and why the Cards are being looked at as a top 20 team, even though they're not ranked.

If Satterfield was still here, UofL may be favored in 5 of those games.

Reactions: glassmanJ
Let's have some fun.

Game 1.
- 7 Georgia Tech. Cards win 38 to 17

Game 2.
No line Murray St. Cards win 52 to 7

Game 3.
- 10 Indiana. Cards win 34 to 14

Game 4.
- 17 Boston College. Cards win 35 to 10

Game 5.
- 3 NC State. Cards win 30 to 20

Game 6.
- 1 Notre Dame. Cards win 27 to 24

Game 7.
- 4 Pittsburgh. Cards lose 24 to 20

Game 8.
- 9 Duke. Cards win 40 to 24

Game 9.
- 14 Virginia Tech. Cards win 42 to 21

Game 10.
- 18 Virginia. Cards win 38 to 24

Game 11.
- 5 Miami. Cards lose 24 to 17

Game 12.
- 4 Kentucky. Cards win 34 to 26

Louisville finishes 10 and 2 and 6 and 2 in ACC. Finishes tied for 2nd with FSU behind Clemson.

Cards were favored in all 12 games and didn't cover in 3 of them.

This is more than just attainable and more and more national attention is starting to agree.

• Wow
Why not? Both are home games and neither are top 5 teams. I'm sure the line would be -1 against ND and -3 against UK.

This is not the Louisville team of the last few years with a lame offensive strategy and a inconsistent QB. What Brohm brings is undeniable and why the Cards are being looked at as a top 20 team, even though they're not ranked.

If Satterfield was still here, UofL may be favored in 5 of those games.
I hope you’re right. With with a huge question mark at the QB position, I am tempering my optimism. 8 wins would be a decent year.

I hope you’re right. With with a huge question mark at the QB position, I am tempering my optimism. 8 wins would be a decent year.
Why is Plummer a huge question mark? He has a very good resume. He's not a freshman or some transfer from a small school. He's much better than Malik was.

Reactions: Smithereen
Why is Plummer a huge question mark? He has a very good resume. He's not a freshman or some transfer from a small school. He's much better than Malik was.
I re-watched the spring game the other night. He looks good to me.

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy

Number of games projected as favorite in 2023 via @_Collin1 power ratings:

12-Alabama, Georgia, Louisville, Michigan, Washington
11-Clemson, Florida State (FSU at Clemson is projected as a pick) 11-Liberty, UNC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Alabama, Texas, Toledo, Tulane, Utah, Wisconsin
10-Air Force, Baylor, Boise State, Coastal Carolina, Maryland, Navy, Ole Miss, Oregon, Troy, WKU
9-Kentucky, Louisiana, LSU, Marshall, Memphis, NIU, North Texas, Notre Dame, Oregon State, Penn State, Rice, Texas Tech, UCLA

Jeff BROHM won those games!

If Satterfield was still here, UofL may be favored in 5 of those games
i think it'd be like we would be favored in like 9-11 games. don't forget the Cards had the best record in the nation against top 25 teams last year and Satts recruiting class was the best in history on paper. JB has come in and di a great job but simply, if Satts had beaten UK he'd still be here and we'd be a preseason top 25 team with an outstanding recruiting class. we had a great team by the end of the year last year, just the UK made everyone forget that. while Satt's wasn't exciting, we put up 30 a game, dominated the end of the season, just always suck against UK and that taints everyone's memory. the the simple reality is, we'd be just as good but no where near just as exciting this year will be. JB has brought us qb options where satt's did not. our excitement for scoring is greater this year but even if we had satt's we would have been favorites in almost every game. JB is not worth 7 more wins this year. Satt's would have given us at least 9 wins if not 11 or 12. that's the reality and truth. we would have been very good regardless of the coach this year.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
i think it'd be like we would be favored in like 9-11 games. don't forget the Cards had the best record in the nation against top 25 teams last year and Satts recruiting class was the best in history on paper. JB has come in and di a great job but simply, if Satts had beaten UK he'd still be here and we'd be a preseason top 25 team with an outstanding recruiting class. we had a great team by the end of the year last year, just the UK made everyone forget that. while Satt's wasn't exciting, we put up 30 a game, dominated the end of the season, just always suck against UK and that taints everyone's memory. the the simple reality is, we'd be just as good but no where near just as exciting this year will be. JB has brought us qb options where satt's did not. our excitement for scoring is greater this year but even if we had satt's we would have been favorites in almost every game. JB is not worth 7 more wins this year. Satt's would have given us at least 9 wins if not 11 or 12. that's the reality and truth. we would have been very good regardless of the coach this year.
I have to disagree. Satterfield would have been more of the same lame offense and I don't think he would have had the portal success we see with JB.

There definitely would not be the buzz we see now. Satterfield will not last very long at Cincinnati. He's a downgrade from what they had.

I have to disagree. Satterfield would have been more of the same lame offense and I don't think he would have had the portal success we see with JB.

There definitely would not be the buzz we see now. Satterfield will not last very long at Cincinnati. He's a downgrade from what they had.
from gocards.com....that lame offense as you say in 2021, with Satterfield calling the plays, the Cardinals averaged 31.6 points per game, 212.9 yards on the ground and 448.4 yards of total offense.

His teams have averaged better than 440 yards per game, including 448.4 yards per game in 2021 and ranking in the top 30 in total offense in each of the first three seasons. The Cards also ranked 18th nationally in rushing offense in 2021 and 24th in 2019.

and in 2022-23 we rushed again for 200 yds per game threw for 405 and averaged 26+ points. and that included 4 games scoring 30+ with a 41 and 48 point game. we only scored 7 against syracuse. and again, recruiting class was the best in school history before jb came in. simple fact we were going to be top 25 with a monster class and the #2 RB in the countyr, who bailed after coaching change. we had all kinds of good things going no matter what you think.

from gocards.com....that lame offense as you say in 2021, with Satterfield calling the plays, the Cardinals averaged 31.6 points per game, 212.9 yards on the ground and 448.4 yards of total offense.

His teams have averaged better than 440 yards per game, including 448.4 yards per game in 2021 and ranking in the top 30 in total offense in each of the first three seasons. The Cards also ranked 18th nationally in rushing offense in 2021 and 24th in 2019.

and in 2022-23 we rushed again for 200 yds per game threw for 405 and averaged 26+ points. and that included 4 games scoring 30+ with a 41 and 48 point game. we only scored 7 against syracuse. and again, recruiting class was the best in school history before jb came in. simple fact we were going to be top 25 with a monster class and the #2 RB in the countyr, who bailed after coaching change. we had all kinds of good things going no matter what you think.
25-24, 15-18 ACC. Ofer against LPT.

Good things, indeed.

I'm not saying Satterfield was Kragthorpe and I'm sorry but I watched all of those games and saw the terrible play calling. Everyone did. Malik gave everything he had and that was good enough to gain some yards, but not so much with wins.

It's true if Satterfield was still here, we would still be a winning team, but no way would we be a preseason top 25 team. I wonder if Brohms team will be ranked in the AP and coaches polls.

We certainly wouldn't be considered a dark horse playoff team.

Satterfield wasn't going to propel the program to where it used to be during Petrino's first gig here. Him leaving is exactly what this program needed and you and I will witness that in the coming months.

Add this to the equation.
F1DJQzVXsAEEyZM

"Based off 2022 records" doesn't mean much. But, I think it's out there that UofL is poised, on paper, to make some noise this year.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
^^^

Rivals will talk schedule smack (which is like the stupidest ****ing thing ever), but this one is not Louisville's fault. The ACC changed its scheduling format and it so happens no Clemson, UNC, or FSU this year. For the 3 OOC games, 2 are Power 5 (the one tune-up is Murray). Seven home games, no program is going to say no to that for financial reasons.

It sort of is what it is. Take care of business, win games, and do what you can with what is in front of you.

I will not sweat a easy schedule after the constant tough schedules UofL has had. It was time for a friendly schedule, especially when the team is talented.

A top level coach will win like Bobby Petrino did his first time here. A average coach will not win as much as he should like Scott Satterfield. And a overmatched coach loses like Steve Kragthorpe did.

Jeff Brohm will prove he's a top level coach if he wins 10+ this season.

Wait…last year we averaged 605 yards per game???

Cards are -8 against GT. The over/under is 51.5. ESPN's Matchup predictor has the Cards at 65.8%.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT