ADVERTISEMENT

The Cards are a 3 touchdown dog, so, let's have a blackout.

I did when Notre Dame joined the ACC for all other sports and was required to play 5 ACC games per year on a rotating basis. I know last year was abysmal and we all got humbled, but we aren’t a low level football program grateful that “almighty” Notre Dame is coming to our stadium. The mentality of some of you, it blows my mind.
really? appreciation for where we have come from is a mentality that blows your mind? ok....

ND has nothing to do with where we’ve come. I don’t know why everyone gets all google eyed over ND. We played Bama last year, we play in the ACC act like it. We played the NC last year in Clemson. We should be past all the giddiness.

ND has nothing to do with where we’ve come. I don’t know why everyone gets all google eyed over ND. We played Bama last year, we play in the ACC act like it. We played the NC last year in Clemson. We should be past all the giddiness.
seems like the ole spin works both ways here...my take on the original CardX comment was evidently different than the intent...I really don't think anyone here is "google eyed"...but am I stoked to see us open with a national program on national TV and the only game on? um, yeah...if you're argument is that we don't live in the past and this is what big time programs do, well I suppose my argument would be that big time programs in big conferences act like they have a chance to win every game they play...so we should act like it and have the black out and act like we're a legitimate program and fans should act like they want to cheer for the team...I suppose either side of this "argument" could take issue with fan mentality based on their perceptions. You'll have to forgive my giddiness over playing bigtime FB...fyi, I was giddy last year against bamma (for at least 60 seconds after kickoff anyway) and giddy 2 yrs ago against Clemson and giddy when we went to ND and won and when we played WV as 2 top 10 teams (in a black out game)...I really don't think I'll ever not be giddy, no matter how many times we play top 10 teams. Fans get up for big games in BBall too, so it's not a factor of newness with regard to our FB schedule.

Reactions: Ara64 and SoulSr
seems like the ole spin works both ways here...my take on the original CardX comment was evidently different than the intent...I really don't think anyone here is "google eyed"...but am I stoked to see us open with a national program on national TV and the only game on? um, yeah...if you're argument is that we don't live in the past and this is what big time programs do, well I suppose my argument would be that big time programs in big conferences act like they have a chance to win every game they play...so we should act like it and have the black out and act like we're a legitimate program and fans should act like they want to cheer for the team...I suppose either side of this "argument" could take issue with fan mentality based on their perceptions. You'll have to forgive my giddiness over playing bigtime FB...fyi, I was giddy last year against bamma (for at least 60 seconds after kickoff anyway) and giddy 2 yrs ago against Clemson and giddy when we went to ND and won and when we played WV as 2 top 10 teams (in a black out game)...I really don't think I'll ever not be giddy, no matter how many times we play top 10 teams. Fans get up for big games in BBall too, so it's not a factor of newness with regard to our FB schedule.

1) I’m more than excited FB is about to be back 2) I’m glad that it’s a ranked team to open the season. But that should be pretty much expected each year. However some make ND sound as if they’ve won six NC in a row. I have a dislike for ND, which almost up there with SuCk, so I’m completely bias. I would love to go out there and whip their butts, but I don’t see that happening. Finally, I’m not opposed to blackouts (And I’ll most certainly be in black) but this year coming of a 2-10 season just doesn’t seem as the time to be doing a blackout especially in the first game.

I miss spoke I meant Ohio ST. And the year you played Bama you had no business being there. Had it not been for a bad call by Pitts coach you would have been beat at home. Should have been. But you guys had a good season and who am to argue after a 2-10 season. My point is it’s not like Bamas coming to town. Or for that matter Clemson.
Reality is if Kansas st in 2012 didn’t not get upset Notre dame and ksu would have played for the nc. Notre Dame would have belonged as would have ksu. Neither were better than bama. But one would have been national champs. So your opinion does not matter there Alabama was the best team period

I miss spoke I meant Ohio ST. And the year you played Bama you had no business being there. Had it not been for a bad call by Pitts coach you would have been beat at home. Should have been. But you guys had a good season and who am to argue after a 2-10 season. My point is it’s not like Bamas coming to town. Or for that matter Clemson.
Reality is if Kansas st in 2012 didn’t not get upset Notre dame and ksu would have played for the nc. Notre Dame would have belonged as would have ksu. Neither were better than bama. But one would have been national champs. So your opinion does not matter there Alabama was the best team period

No kidding Bama was the best. Well Mr Obvious. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT