ADVERTISEMENT

The Boys of Summer

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
are back at it again,but it's officially called Fall Ball.
Hoping that we get to see at least some of it,but I'm seriously considering renting an RV.
Lol
Here's praying that we get to all enjoy this team. Go Cards!!

Hoping that we get to see at least some of it,but I'm seriously considering renting an RV.
Lol
Please post in Baseball Forum and let’s get a discussion going!

Baseball forum was flipped to Premium during the updates from Rivals this week. The owner of this site will be flip it back to the free board.

Lol

earsky, we are back to free board again. I did see a twitter photo today of the guys out and about on the baseball diamond.

Reactions: earsky
Just got word (and I apologize if this has already been posted) over here from Coach Snider, that Patterson will be open to public starting September 24th.

Just got word (and I apologize if this has already been posted) over here from Coach Snider, that Patterson will be open to public starting September 24th.

That's great news. I'm sure the team & coaches are biting at the bit wanting to get back into their normal routine.

Reactions: gocds and nccardfan
Was at the scrimmage yesterday. There's definitely a numbers issue. Someone told me that there will be a roster expansion allowance for this season,but not sure how much.

I do have a better idea about which guys came back. Honestly, we're 2 deep at most spots. With the returning upper classmen at the pitching position, gonna predict that the bullpen will be as good as it's ever been.

Thanks! How did you know they were scrimmaging?
I didn't. Just stopped thru because I knew they'd be doing something. There have been a couple of posts I've caught on FB from last weekend indicating they probably were.
Watching from the circle out in left field is a hard way to get a look,but it's about to change. They scrimmaged again today and I'd say tomorrow too. Probably noon or 1

Intrasquad scrimmage today at 11. I can't get there today,but hope they do it again tomorrow.
Most of our returning guys are healthy.

I've seen enough to know we'v

I have read posts from others saying parts of their reply posts are being cut off. Is this what happened to you here earsky? I’m not liking this Rivals new formatting.

I have read posts from others saying parts of their reply posts are being cut off. Is this what happened to you here earsky? I’m not liking this Rivals new formatting.
Thank you. I thought that I had edited it. Where as the Cards were set to be led by 2 starting pitchers last season, I've seen enough already to say they'll be led by offense this time around and a really good bullpen.
Binelas, Davis,Usher and Brown all are legitimate prospects to join other Cards already in the Bigs. Add Dunn,Borden and Poland to the mix, and we could see the most offense in quite a while over at Patterson.
Dunn will play his way into next Summer's draft.

Reactions: PHCARD
Any reports from the inter squad scrimmages? Starting pitchers? Who stood out? Surprises?
I was hoping to get a better feel for possible starters this weekend with the kickoff of the Pizza Bowl Friday, but there looks to be a continuation of what took place in the last couple scrimmages. Parents only as far as getting in. It wasn't like that 2 weeks ago.
Luke will probably come out of the gate on Friday. I think Perkins will be that 2nd guy. The 3rd and 4th guys are up for grabs. There were 3 Freshmen Pitchers that got thrown into the fire early last season. Maybe one of the lefties. Evans or Prosecky.
As far as who stood out, I wish I could say. Got there too late Friday and Saturday and I couldn't get in.
Dunn has looked really good. He's gonna play somewhere, whether it's infield or outfield.

I’ve been watching go cards baseball and twitter hoping to see a schedule or any info on Pizza Bowl? Nothing was put out there. I assume they were being low profile with fans because of COVID. Nobody was going to die from COVID because they went to the Pizza Bowl. $&;@ #%£*!!!

I’ve been watching go cards baseball and twitter hoping to see a schedule or any info on Pizza Bowl? Nothing was put out there. I assume they were being low profile with fans because of COVID. Nobody was going to die from COVID because they went to the Pizza Bowl. $&;@ #%£*!!!
6 on Friday and 11 on Saturday. You might be able to get in out on the berm if they leave the gate open,but they did say on GoCards,no fans. That has changed from 2 weekends ago. We were able to get in the unlocked gate,but not last weekend. I really don't know,but I'm going over anyway. If there's a way, I'll reach out to this board

6 on Friday and 11 on Saturday. You might be able to get in out on the berm if they leave the gate open,but they did say on GoCards,no fans. That has changed from 2 weekends ago. We were able to get in the unlocked gate,but not last weekend. I really don't know,but I'm going over anyway. If there's a way, I'll reach out to this board

ok, I hadn’t checked go cards today but I read the release just now. Thanks earsky. But I’m still ticked off that “They” find it necessary to say no fans. It’s BS. Friday @ 6 is FB game interference but if you drop in and can get in, let us know so some of us can sneak in and try to pick up some COVID and some Louisville baseball.;)

I am wondering if Kirian would grab a weekend starting spot. I think Perkins will be solid. I wonder if Luke is a Friday guy or not. I like him a lot and he certainly has the experience and maturity to handle that role. Does he have the talent to be the Friday guy? Also, Albanese. Does he slide into that Sunday spot?

I am wondering if Kirian would grab a weekend starting spot. I think Perkins will be solid. I wonder if Luke is a Friday guy or not. I like him a lot and he certainly has the experience and maturity to handle that role. Does he have the talent to be the Friday guy? Also, Albanese. Does he slide into that Sunday spot?
Definite possibilities. Both Kirian and Albanese were so good out of the pen,he may just keep them there,plus Kirian has claimed that closer role and made it his. I do think it will be a leftty, since Perkins and Smith are righties.
But hey,if it ends up being Kirian, I think that would be pretty cool to see.

I read an article with CDM. It sort of led me to believe Kirian wanted the chance to start and that was a prime reason to come back. Either way, lots of options for sure. If some of the young arms from last year can be strong contributors the pitching will be in a good place. Any word on Kerry Wright? Seemed like he had lots of talent but just had to find consistency hitting the strike zone.

Pizza Bowl starting tomorrow.Not sure what time. Scratch Saturday, probably because of heavy rain expected.

If I'm reading between the lines on this one, parents and friends of the program may be able to wiggle in,but through the players' gate in right field. The public announcement seems to be for those less inclined to give it a shot... unlike me. 😆

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT