ADVERTISEMENT

Texas fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, guess what, Iceman ... Bobby Petrino is going to do it here, and when he does, it won't fit your narrative, so plan on revising it.

And you either commit to Charlie Strong FULLY (and that means quit effing with his assistant coaching hires), or plan on losing to him every time you face him when he goes to another school where they DO commit to him fully. The man knows more about how to win football games than either you or I do, despite your "homage to the virtues of impatience."

I think you missed the boat here.

Louisville isn't a blue blood. Of course it may take more time. The point is, facts show the elite guys have gotten it done at big time programs and have gotten it done rather quickly.

And lulz at not effing with his asst coach hires. Watson was the worst I have ever seen. Bringing him and Bedford are going to be his ultimate demise (along with awful in game management) if he doesn't change the course of this year starting tomorrow.

The offense has seemingly been fixed now that he corrected that mistake. Let's hope for Charlie him taking over the defense fixes the bedford mistake.

I'm pulling for Charlie and I like what he stands for but you have to win and win big to stay at Texas making 5 milly per.

Herman would destroy him with Greg Ward Jr. at quarterback. Unfortunately at Texas, you aren't getting Greg Ward with that deal.

Herman will have a qb that fits his system, dont worry about that. And he would probably crush Charlie every time.

^^^^
This...

If a school fully commits to him and let him do what he does and that is build a program watch out. Charlie at South Carolina and especially Georgia would be scary.

And how long should a fan base wait for said program to be built??? How many losing seasons before him "doing what he does" is enough???

As stated above, I'm pulling for Charlie but its time to start winning.

Louisville isn't a blue blood. Of course it may take more time. The point is, facts show the elite guys have gotten it done at big time programs and have gotten it done rather quickly.

And lulz at not effing with his asst coach hires. Watson was the worst I have ever seen. Bringing him and Bedford are going to be his ultimate demise (along with awful in game management) if he doesn't change the course of this year starting tomorrow.

The offense has seemingly been fixed now that he corrected that mistake. Let's hope for Charlie him taking over the defense fixes the bedford mistake.

I'm pulling for Charlie and I like what he stands for but you have to win and win big to stay at Texas making 5 milly per.

You are welcome to your opinion, of course, even when it is wrong.

Louisville will NEVER be a BLUE blood, even when we have multiple national championships and are bringing in 5-star recruits like Alabama does. I can guarantee you of that.

Establishing a program with a winning attitude takes time and effort EVERYWHERE. Texas will never again be consistently at the top of college football until you unite behind a strong leader (as Alabama has under Saban), and put aside the arrogance that says you must win immediately here or else, just because we are Texas.

I don't care to engage in conjecture about Tom Herman and whether he would or would not outcoach Charlie Strong. Herman's going to lose a game in November again this year, and then we will see whether Texas fans are still excited about dumping Charlie for Herman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian#12
And how long should a fan base wait for said program to be built??? How many losing seasons before him "doing what he does" is enough???

As stated above, I'm pulling for Charlie but its time to start winning.

Of course it's time for him to start winning. You are 2-2, not 2-4. Why don't you wait until season three under Coach Strong is at least halfway over before you decide to start pining for Tom Herman?

By "political acumen" most of us are referring to his ability (and desire) to schmooze with boosters and work with fans and handle the media. Not deal with actual politics -- which is apparently a necessary function for the UT head coach, so we understand why someone from UT may read it that way. (Yes, we know that politicians are heavily involved in UT athletics -- but Strong was not required to deal with any of that at UofL). He had no desire to do anything that wasn't inside the locker room and he did not execute very well when he had to step out of the locker room and do the "dog and pony" stuff; you could almost see the pain on his face. Keep in mind that all of that was fairly new to him b/c he didn't have to worry about it in his previous job as a defensive coordinator. He got away with those deficiencies at UofL b/c we don't require the same degree of political acumen that is necessary for the UT head coach. Just wanted to clarify it; he may be doing a fine job of these things now that he's at UT but it doesn't appear that way from a national perspective.

Great comments, but the whole "you have to be a politician to succeed as Texas head coach" narrative is wrong. Strong is not a politician and that didn't matter one bit. His first mistake was bringing Watson and Bedford with him, and the list goes on and on from there.

You are welcome to your opinion, of course, even when it is wrong.

Louisville will NEVER be a blue blood, even when we have multiple national championships and are bringing in 5-star recruits like Alabama does. I can guarantee you of that.

Establishing a program with a winning attitude takes time and effort EVERYWHERE. Texas will never again be consistently at the top of college football again until you unite behind a strong leader (as Alabama has under Saban), and put aside the arrogance that says you must win immediately here or else, just because we are Texas.

I don't care to engage in conjecture about Tom Herman and whether he would or would not outcoach Charlie Strong. Herman's going to lose a game in November again this year, and then we will see whether Texas fans are still excited about dumping Charlie for Herman.

Multiple titles?? ahahahahahahahaha, alabama, ahhahahahahaha. And my opinion is wrong????

Sorry, winning attitude doesn't take a lot of time. See Iceman's post. Hell see Bobby P at Louisville, didn't take long. Our last coach hit the ground running as well. Saban, Meyer, Herman, Fisher, Peterson didn't take those guys long. You using Saban as an example of what Texas needs to do and then saying be patient is an oxymoron. Saban came in and kicked ass almost immediately.

Elite coaches come in and win, it has nothing to do with arrogance and being at Texas. Very few elite coaches out there were 13-16 thru 29 games at any of the stops they made, much less a top tier program like texas with everything at your disposal. And if they did have a bad record more than likely they were at a previously awful program (think art briles)

You think Herman losing to Louisville in November is going to change Texas fans' attitude on wanting a guy that will have back to back top 10 years (at the university of freaking houston) for a guy that can't go .500 at Texas???? Funny. Herman is a boss, pretty much all there is to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tluck28
Of course it's time for him to start winning. You are 2-2, not 2-4. Why don't you wait until season three under Coach Strong is at least halfway over before you decide to start pining for Tom Herman?

Find one place I said to fire him at this time, it won't happen. In fact, in my post above I said starting tomorrow he better hope he's the answer on defense for the rest of the year. And if he goes 8-4 or 9-3 i think he deserves year four. However if he goes 6-6 again and continues to put an awful defense on the field and continues poor in game managment, its time to go.

Well, guess what, Iceman ... Bobby Petrino is going to do it here, and when he does, it won't fit your narrative, so plan on revising it.

And you either commit to Charlie Strong FULLY (and that means quit effing with his assistant coaching hires), or plan on losing to him every time you face him when he goes to another school where they DO commit to him fully. The man knows more about how to win football games than either you or I do, despite your "homage to the virtues of impatience."
I don't love Petrino the man, but I do love Petrino the coach. You guys have an incredible one! I absolutely can see him getting y'all in NC contention. The fact he built a winner at Louisville, then rebuilt Arkansas, then turned around and did it again at Louisville is impressive. He's very likely one of the 5 best coaches in football.

That said, him winning a NC at Louisville doesn't go outside my narrative in the least. I never said anything about coaches outside those 17 power programs not being able to win a NC. I simply explained why I selected those 17 programs to research. They account for all but 5 of the last 50 NCs won. Petrino's winning percentage in his first 29 games is 69%. That ties him with Mack Brown, Pete Carroll, and Howard Schnellenberger for winning percentage for NC winning coaches in their first 29 games. He's on pace to get to 75% by the end of the season. Only 2 coaches in the last 50 years have started their career with a 75% winning percentage in their first 38 games and NOT won a NC at that school.

As for Charlie, he's a great man. He's just out of his league at this level of football. It's a lot easier to be a stud coach in a lesser league, b/c you're coaching against coaches that have a 0.01% chance of every helming a Power 5 conference program. If you're a coach that has P5 coaching ability, or intangibles that are uncommon in that caliber of league (ala Charlie's incredible ability to ID talent, and coach up 2 and 3-stars into NFL caliber talent), you're going to stand out & win a lot. But, when you get into the top conferences, the coaches you coach against are a lot more talented. And, the skill level of the players is better. You can't go out and unearth hidden 4 and 5-star talent. And, you can't take 2-star talent & develop it and compete. So, it takes top level Xs & Os ability, in-game management skills, etc. The recipe for success in the AAC is different than the recipe for success in the SEC, ACC, Pac-12, Big Ten, or Big XII. It's why the history books are littered with stud coaches from lesser conferences who failed to meet expectations when they took the helm of a P5 program: Dan Hawkins (Boise State -> Colorado), Dennis Franchionne (TCU -> A&M), Rich Rodriguez (WVU -> Michigan & Arizona), etc. And that list is soon to include guys like Brian Kelly, Gus Malzahn, and Charlie Strong.

If you guys get rid of him today maybe you can get in the PO this year if that fits your schedule better. Since you're blue blood maybe you could get two do-overs? :rolleyes:

Nobody has mentioned this, but I find it ironic that CS seemed to have pretty good FB teams when he recruited kids from FLA.. Maybe coaching is just part of the problem?

Maybe you're TX boys been taking too many Home Ec classes?

Doesn't OK have a lot of TX boys too? Maybe they ought to hit FLA a bit.

I'm just messing with you.

I can because it's our board.

The real question is was his game management embarrassing at Louisville? Besides his OC and DC decisions this is the only problem with him at Texas. He looks clueless on the sideline. He tried to decline a penalty on OKSU offense after they'd gotten a first down. The refs had to go and explain to him and talk him out of it. He finally understood and laughed. And two games in a row being down late in the 4th and punting even though a punt ends the game. This stuff happens all the time. He can't be a head coach if he doesn't understand simple things like this.

Multiple titles?? ahahahahahahahaha, alabama, ahhahahahahaha. And my opinion is wrong????

Sorry, winning attitude doesn't take a lot of time. See Iceman's post. Hell see Bobby P at Louisville, didn't take long. Our last coach hit the ground running as well. Saban, Meyer, Herman, Fisher, Peterson didn't take those guys long. You using Saban as an example of what Texas needs to do and then saying be patient is an oxymoron. Saban came in and kicked ass almost immediately.

Elite coaches come in and win, it has nothing to do with arrogance and being at Texas. Very few elite coaches out there were 13-16 thru 29 games at any of the stops they made, much less a top tier program like texas with everything at your disposal. And if they did have a bad record more than likely they were at a previously awful program (think art briles)

You think Herman losing to Louisville in November is going to change Texas fans' attitude on wanting a guy that will have back to back top 10 years (at the university of freaking houston) for a guy that can't go .500 at Texas???? Funny. Herman is a boss, pretty much all there is to it.

Fine, Nostradamus. You have all the answers, so fire him four games into the season and coach the Longhorns yourself. Since you know what the future holds, that should be really easy for you.

I hope Coach Herman gives you a big wet one at his opening press conference. When you get tired of him after 29 games, I'm sure Colt McCoy will be ready to take over.

Call me when you are playing in the national championship game. When will that be, Nostra? I want make sure I'm here to take your call.

Reactions: BuckyBevo
For the sake of PushupMan, I hope Texas lands Herman, Petrino bolts for LSU, and Strong ends up back at Louisville. You say he'd win anywhere he has full support... well he's all yours.

Well, if all that happens, I guess you will be watching Coach Strong win the national championship next year after all - because next year's championship was coming to Louisville one way or another.

Reactions: Mayoman
This is a nice site. I'm glad I decided to click on the link in OB.

Love your QB and watching you guys play. Best of luck the rest of the year. I can't wait for your game against UH. You guys are a ton more talented, but it should be a good game to watch.

Hook'em and Whatever You Guys Say At Louisville!

tell me your thoughts on what's wrong with Charlie at Texas.
Charlie was not a very impressive coach while here IMO. His offenses were atrocious. I cant imagine what a good offensive coach would have done with Bridgewater and that schedule he had. He would barely beat very weak teams and pad his winning record. He was very boring to watch. He did beat a good Florida team and that was awesome as a fan.
I never understood why people thought he was such a good coach or why Texas even came calling. I am sure glad they did though because now we have bobby back.

Fine, Nostradamus. You have all the answers, so fire him four games into the season and coach the Longhorns yourself. Since you know what the future holds, that should be really easy for you.

I hope Coach Herman gives you a big wet one at his opening press conference. When you get tired of him after 29 games, I'm sure Colt McCoy will be ready to take over.

Call me when you are playing in the national championship game. When will that be, Nostra? I want make sure I'm here to take your call.

WTF??? You are all over the place bruh.

I have never said fire Charlie, but he isn't above criticism. All of which he deserves for his time at Texas thus far.

You have deflected to 15 different topics when the point is elite coaches win early and often at big time stops. Charlie hasn't and not only that has done piss poor thus far.

If Charlie had brought Clint Hurtt, Teddy Bridgewater and UL's schedule with him ..............he could have duplicated what he accomplished here. Charlie was the perfect fix for the post Kragthorpe era, but Tennessee and Texas apparently both failed to identify what most UL fans recognized. Remember, until we beat the Gators in the SB, our primary success was based on beating USF, Kentucky, Syracuse and the like.

The players loved Charlie and he brought a healthy culture to UL. Strong could have stayed at UL a long time ..............but in hindsight his departure was a huge gift. The special team performance that Longhorn fans are witnessing was predictable given the lack of preparation he applied here.

Reactions: c'est la vie
WTF??? You are all over the place bruh.

I have never said fire Charlie, but he isn't above criticism. All of which he deserves for his time at Texas thus far.

You have deflected to 15 different topics when the point is elite coaches win early and often at big time stops. Charlie hasn't and not only that has done piss poor thus far.

So either fire him, keep him, or continue to mentally masturbate yourself while you Ping-Pong back and forth between one decision or another. I care not.

The OP asked for my opinion. I gave it to you: he's a GREAT head football coach. He came in here and recruited fantastic and then developed an incredibly high number of NFL players in a short period of time, and when those players grew up (beginning in year 3), he went 23-3 with them during his last two years here.

A bunch of Texas fans then wanted to come on here and argue with me why he is not. Since he didn't leave his brain in Louisville, I can only assume that the meddling that he did not experience here at Louisville is the problem. Fix your problems. Only then will your situation improve.

A head football coach NOT being above criticism. There's a concept I never thought of...!

Too many chiefs for any coach to succeed in Austin.
Look again. Mack Brown was at UT 16 years. The last 4 years were not so good, but his first 12 years he had the best record in the nation, and he won a national championship. Most coaches see much more positives than negatives at UT.

Reactions: davisgb1
So either fire him, keep him, or continue to mentally masturbate yourself while you Ping-Pong back and forth between one decision or another. I care not.

The OP asked for my opinion. I gave it to you: he's a GREAT head football coach. He came in here and recruited fantastic and then developed an incredibly high number of NFL players in a short period of time, and when those players grew up (beginning in year 3), he went 23-3 with them during his last two years here.

A bunch of Texas fans then wanted to come on here and argue with me why he is not. Since he didn't leave his brain in Louisville, I can only assume that the meddling that he did not experience here at Louisville is the problem. Fix your problems. Only then will your situation improve.

A head football coach NOT being above criticism. There's a concept I never thought of...!

No one asked you about your opinion of Charlie at Louisville, the question was asked what has gone wrong at Texas.

You just keep assuming. Coaching at Lousiville in the AAC and coaching at a blue blood is apples and oranges buddy. And thus far he doesn't have the chops to do the latter.

No one has meddled with his coaching decisions, they are all his. And bringing in both Watson (who had been a failure many other places as well) and Bedford were both awful decisions. He fixed one of them, albeit a year to late. Let's hope he can fix the defense himself and cover up the mishandling of Bedford.

If Charlie had brought Clint Hurtt, Teddy Bridgewater and UL's schedule with him ..............he could have duplicated what he accomplished here. Charlie was the perfect fix for the post Kragthorpe era, but Tennessee and Texas apparently both failed to identify what most UL fans recognized. Remember, until we beat the Gators in the SB, our primary success was based on beating USF, Kentucky, Syracuse and the like.

The players loved Charlie and he brought a healthy culture to UL. Strong could have stayed at UL a long time ..............but in hindsight his departure was a huge gift. The special team performance that Longhorn fans are witnessing was predictable given the lack of preparation he applied here.
This is exactly how I see it.

In context of who you play (talent, system, coaching, etc.), you are generally what your record says you are. It's that context that throws most folks off and why making comparisons and predictions so difficult, and in turn, also hiring the right coach.

Charlie is a great man and a good football coach in many areas. He unfortunately just has too many missing tools in his toolbox for this level. Now that he's playing stepped up competition and talent each week, it is quite obvious a lot of what he needs is missing. I'm hoping for an amicable split at season's end, but I have zero faith in our admin and our AD is just a "yes-man" in his interim role.

Thanks for the thoughts Cardinal fans!

L-YES!

Reactions: Wooderson_SoCal
The real question is was his game management embarrassing at Louisville? Besides his OC and DC decisions this is the only problem with him at Texas. He looks clueless on the sideline. He tried to decline a penalty on OKSU offense after they'd gotten a first down. The refs had to go and explain to him and talk him out of it. He finally understood and laughed. And two games in a row being down late in the 4th and punting even though a punt ends the game. This stuff happens all the time. He can't be a head coach if he doesn't understand simple things like this.

People who like a counterpuncher's mentality (i.e., a defensive minded coach) considered his offensive and defensive strategies while at Louisville a thing of beauty. The teams we had in 2012 and 2013 were a lot like watching a monstrous python slowly crush the life out of a kangaroo. You just know that kangaroo is doomed!

The only time during his four years at Louisville that I had a question about an in-game coaching move was late in the season during his first year here. We were in overtime against South Florida, tied at 21, and we had the ball first. We didn't make it on third down, and he went for it on fourth and short. The running play got stuffed. South Florida then ran three plays and kicked the field goal to win 24-21.

The explanation for that decision from Coach Strong was that he was trying to instill confidence and toughness in his players, who were still getting used to his way of coaching. I still think he should have kicked the field goal, but after watching his team for four years, I can say that the confidence and toughness his teams displayed in years 3 and 4 was very effective.

No one asked you about your opinion of Charlie at Louisville, the question was asked what has gone wrong at Texas.

You just keep assuming. Coaching at Lousiville in the AAC and coaching at a blue blood is apples and oranges buddy. And thus far he doesn't have the chops to do the latter.

No one has meddled with his coaching decisions, they are all his. And bringing in both Watson (who had been a failure many other places as well) and Bedford were both awful decisions. He fixed one of them, albeit a year to late. Let's hope he can fix the defense himself and cover up the mishandling of Bedford.

So you guys all come to a Louisville board asking us to tell YOU what has gone wrong at Texas? That tells me a lot right there about who I'm dealing with....

Bedford and Watson were both great here. As I said, look elsewhere inside your program if you truly want to fix what's wrong. The problem is likely your blue blood. Get a transfusion of red, and maybe you'll be able to save some of those brain cells you are currently starving to death.

We always loved it when UK fans would come over here and tell us how superior the SEC is to whatever conference we happened to be playing in at the time, so thanks so much for the sense of Dejavu from you coming over here to preach at us how much tougher it is to win in the Big 12 than what Charlie had in the AAC.

Let's see ... we were in the AAC for one year. UCF beat us for the title that year, when we went 7-1 in conference and they went 8-0. I believe UCF went to the Fiesta Bowl that year to play the Big 12 champion. UCF just scored ANOTHER touchdown on Baylor...!

Last edited:
I was watching that game and it brought a smile to my face because yes that reminded me of when he was here. Supposedly he didn't realize that it was a first down, but that look of "hey what's going on" is familiar.

I don't love Petrino the man, but I do love Petrino the coach. You guys have an incredible one! I absolutely can see him getting y'all in NC contention. The fact he built a winner at Louisville, then rebuilt Arkansas, then turned around and did it again at Louisville is impressive. He's very likely one of the 5 best coaches in football.

Call us when you've decided to love Petrino, the man, as well as the coach. We are tired of hearing "he's a great coach, but a terrible human being."

Call us when you've decided to love Petrino, the man, as well as the coach. We are tired of hearing "he's a great coach, but a terrible human being."
If you don't care if he's a good human being or a terrible human being, then what does it matter what anyone else thinks? I don't think Saban's a great guy either. I think Briles is reprehensible. But, I still respect the heck out of what they are able to do as HCs, the same as Petrino. It really seems like you're looking for a reason to argue, b/c I've been nothing but complementary. I like your coach. I like your program. You guys probably have the best AD in college sports. And point blank, Petrino would be #2 on my list of whom I'd like to see Texas hire (behind only Chris Petersen). I'd put him about Herman easily. It's obviously not going to happen (Petersen or Petrino), but there's no question he's a winner.

Have a great weekend man! Just a couple more hours till happy hour!

Reactions: Longhorn_Swag

Okay, now that I have given you an example of what I didn't like, I will give you another example of his brilliance.

As you may know, UK is our biggest rival. Coming into the 2011 season, we had lost to them 4 straight times, including in 2010 (Strong's first year at UofL).

Strong actually LOST a game at home to FIU (accidentally, I'm sure), in order to give us the best chance to win the game that mattered the most, by far, to our fans the next week (the game AT UK). The way he did that was to start Will Stein at QB against Murray State and FIU. True frosh Bridgewater only played two series during both of those games, throwing three passes, completing two and having one intercepted. We struggled in both games, beating FCS Murray State 21-9 and losing to FIU 24-17.

Then on the first offensive series of the UK game, Stein "got hurt" and walked off the field massaging his shoulder, and he was replaced by Bridgewater. Bridgewater completed 10-18 for 106 yards and 2 TDs with no interceptions, and Louisville beat heavily favored UK on the road 24-17. Will Stein stood on the sideline without receiving treatment for his "injury" the rest of the game - and UK had to scramble all game to develop a game plan to account for Bridgewater.

It was this memory that made it no surprise at all to me that Texas whipped Oklahoma last year. And why it won't be a surprise if Texas does it again this year.

Last edited:
If you don't care if he's a good human being or a terrible human being, then what does it matter what anyone else thinks? I don't think Saban's a great guy either. I think Briles is reprehensible. But, I still respect the heck out of what they are able to do as HCs, the same as Petrino. It really seems like you're looking for a reason to argue, b/c I've been nothing but complementary. I like your coach. I like your program. You guys probably have the best AD in college sports. And point blank, Petrino would be #2 on my list of whom I'd like to see Texas hire (behind only Chris Petersen). I'd put him about Herman easily. It's obviously not going to happen (Petersen or Petrino), but there's no question he's a winner.

Have a great weekend man! Just a couple more hours till happy hour!

Because we've heard it so often it has become a cliche'. And we hear it most of the time from our UK rivals, who like the moral high ground, because it is the only place they are winners. Except in basketball of course, where THEY have hired John Calipari, model citizen being fitted for a halo and angels wings. Somehow they don't see the irony.

And for the most part, I'm just busting your chops. You came over here and asked for it, so I'm here to both entertain and enlighten. Good luck against the Sooners. We have a bye week, so I will be watching!

Okay, now that I have given you an example of what I didn't like, I will give you another example of his brilliance.

As you may know, UK is our biggest rival. Coming into the 2011 season, we had lost to them 4 straight times, including in 2010 (Strong's first year at UofL).

Strong actually LOST a game at home to FIU (accidentally, I'm sure), in order to give us the best chance to win the game that mattered the most, by far, to our fans the next week (the game AT UK). The way he did that was to start Will Stein at QB against Murray State and FIU. True frosh Bridgewater only played two series during both of those games, throwing three passes, completing two and having one intercepted. We struggled in both games, beating FCS Murray State 21-9 and losing to FIU 24-17.

Then on the first offensive series of the UK game, Stein "got hurt" and walked off the field massaging his shoulder, and he was replaced by Bridgewater. Bridgewater completed 10-18 for 106 yards and 2 TDs with no interceptions, and Louisville beat heavily favored UK on the road 24-17. Will Stein stood on the sideline without receiving treatment for his "injury" the rest of the game - and UK had to scramble all game to develop a game plan to account for Bridgewater.

It was this memory that made it no surprise at all to me that Texas whipped Oklahoma last year. And why it won't be a surprise if Texas does it again this year.

Im not sure if you are serious here or are kidding? Lost to FIU on purpose to prepare for UK? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Is that you there Charlie?

Reactions: Seftees

I think you're giving credit to the wrong person.. That's TB not CCS.

Im not sure if you are serious here or are kidding? Lost to FIU on purpose to prepare for UK? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Is that you there Charlie?

Completely serious. And not Charlie.

And as I explained already, he did not lose to FIU on purpose. He expected to be able to beat them with Stein as QB, but did not count on freshman (but also future NFL first round pick) Calvin Pryor whiffing on a tackle on T.Y. Hilton.

Last edited:
I think you're giving credit to the wrong person.. That's TB not CCS.

So it was Teddy Bridgewater who held himself out of games against Murray State and FIU so that Kentucky would not have film to prepare for him?

I realize that there are a lot of UofL fans who think Teddy Bridgewater was the only reason Charlie Strong won football games here, but that's definitely giving him more credit than he deserves (and he deserves a lot).

What assistant coaches did you think he was going to hire? If your administration didn't like the style of play, perhaps you make that decision before you hire a guy.

Perhaps the Big 12 is getting teabagged this year because they have gone away from solid football fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT