ADVERTISEMENT

Swinney espn 680

I sample just about all of the LOCAL sports talk radio programming, some more than others. It's all entertainment, and none of it should be taken too seriously.

Got a chuckle reading the insecurity about Bellarmine in this thread. Gimme a break...
No doubt it's about entertainment. However people take their sports seriously and you know we do in this city and state. So nobody wants to always hear negative about their local team(Cards) on a daily basis. And it's a fact a certain majority of the local radio hacks constantly belittle U of L, and praise UK. I try and stick to a certain pro U of L group , but i also like to listen to a broad spectrum .Although a few radio shows claim to be pro U of L but they are phony ie; Deener.

Sweeney yesterday talked about UK for well over hour and a half plus. Basically just kept saying how bad a team Miami was and not really giving Cards any credit for winning period. And it;s obvious listeners have taken notice he reads the text line and most were about him and his Uk love crap all show. And yes it helps his show when that happens

And Bellarmoine is a team that is going to find it harder to schedule the bigboys once they are iin D1. That team is a scary team to face early for good teams threat is real. .

Last edited:
I listened to several hours of ESPN radio yesterday. I heard praise for U of L just about everywhere. And the slapd!cks are currently ranked #1, like it or not...

My husband can’t remember the name of team or maroon. He does recall the team loved scotch and after the game everyone went to a liquor store on Shelbyville Rd in M-town to drink. He said we were one great ball team.
Softball and scotch is disgusting!

Mike Rutherford is the best on the radio in the city. Ramsay makes the show harder to listen to with his boomer ego trying to be a star when he’d work better as a comic sidekick.

Reactions: Smithereen
Mike Rutherford is the best on the radio in the city. Ramsay makes the show harder to listen to with his boomer ego trying to be a star when he’d work better as a comic sidekick.
I’m glad for positive UofL radio but that show is mediocre at best. Neither of those guys are even mid-level radio hosts.

Rutherford is my local favorite as well. Love his smart ass side, especially towards our rivals. Ramsay is just too much of a pollyanna homer for my tastes.

Reactions: PHCARD
Rutherford is my local favorite as well. Love his smart ass side, especially towards our rivals. Ramsay is just too much of a pollyanna homer for my tastes.
Yes exactly. He can make funny jokes, but never goes over the top. He’s probably the most genuine Cards fan (Ennis too) on the radio. He’s smart, but you can just tell he loves the cards and reacts the way an average fan reacts.

Not bad for a show hosted by 2 sUcKs graduates haha.

Reactions: Steelers2012
Yes exactly. He can make funny jokes, but never goes over the top. He’s probably the most genuine Cards fan (Ennis too) on the radio. He’s smart, but you can just tell he loves the cards and reacts the way an average fan reacts.

Not bad for a show hosted by 2 sUcKs graduates haha.
Most genuine Cards fan . No that be Maybin hands down period. Rutherford is good a smart ass i like him also. But Maybin is the real deal .

Reactions: Smithereen
If you really wanna sample how good Rutherford is individually, try listening to that show when Ramsey is away. For me, it's almost un-listenable.

Those two need to keep hanging out together...

Yall need to check out Rayshawn Meyers he is excellent ny other choice 1b to Maybin. Meyers handed Matt Jones his ass before. Meyers knows his stuff BB, FB,Boxing etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT