ADVERTISEMENT

Swinney espn 680

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Radio hack on 680 trying to drive a narrative that Scotty D shrugged off Mack at the hand shake line. Swinney saying how U of L better keep playing Bellarmine whats he care. He is a U of L hater that wants to see a Bellarmine upset U of L. so he can make fun of the Cards. I really hate our local media. One thing about Lexington they don't tolerate their local hacks being negative towards the Cats period.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Radio hack on 680 trying to drive a narrative that Scotty D shrugged off Mack at the hand shake line. Swinney saying how U of L better keep playing Bellarmine whats he care. He is a U of L hater that wants to see a Bellarmine upset U of L. so he can make fun of the Cards. I really hate our local media. One thing about Lexington they don't tolerate their local hacks being negative towards the Cats period.

I'm indifferent to playing Bellarmine sometimes but there is 0 reason to help legitimize that program now that they are D1 and therefore competition for us. We don't have to keep playing them every year. If Swinney is going to push the narrative then he also needs to push it for uk which I guarantee you he wont.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I'm indifferent to playing Bellarmine sometimes but there is 0 reason to help legitimize that program now that they are D1 and therefore competition for us. We don't have to keep playing them every year. If Swinney is going to push the narrative then he also needs to push it for uk which I guarantee you he wont.
That's what some people don't understand . It's not going to beneficial for U of L to help the Knights once they are all playing on the same playground. Besides the players will still do open run during the summer with each other.

It be like offering other guys advice in a club. On how to pick up the hot chicks in their.You would be cutting your own throat !.

I remember when someone was fired by UofL and some media folks started spilling bad stuff on him for chewing on them for saying negative things about his university. Man they were digging deep to get dirt on the man. The anti UofL media in this city is disgusting.

I remember when Pitino let Morehead State come down and workout with us for a week and then they beat us in the NCAA tournament. Wasn’t smart on his part and the only team we owe anything to is ourselves. Best way to get even with the local hacks is complain to their sponsors and refuse to buy their product. Whatever you do don’t call into their shows and complain about what he is saying that helps them. Make the station and the sponsor think they have no listeners.

I remember when Pitino let Morehead State come down and workout with us for a week and then they beat us in the NCAA tournament. Wasn’t smart on his part and the only team we owe anything to is ourselves. Best way to get even with the local hacks is complain to their sponsors and refuse to buy their product. Whatever you do don’t call into their shows and complain about what he is saying that helps them. Make the station and the sponsor think they have no listeners.

Along with complaining to sponsors just stop listening to them. Without listeners they go away. I listen to only pro Louisville radio, call me a homer because I am. I’m Cards fan I don’t need a non Cards fans opinion on anything. There’s plenty of good talk radio covering UofL. Screw the rest

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Sweeney and Lochlame are the worst. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of Valvano either. Especially after he cried that Jurich “bullied” him.

Lochlame proved he couldn’t hack it in a bigger market and came crawling back to Louisville.

This is about the biggest market Sweeney can reach. He’s a mid major. He wouldn’t last in a Pro Team market city. He’s amateur at best.

They were talking about it on Ramsey and Rutherford the other day. One of them pointed out that Davenport was really tearing into one of his players just a few seconds before the game ended. They thought that he was pissed at his player/team and it was not really directed at CM even though it appeared he was.

I noticed it immediately, it was definitely disrespectful IMO. Davenport is always in “sell mode” selling himself. I’ve heard he’s not the guy he portrays.
I used to play a lot of softball against him back in the 80s. Mainly at Crosby Park in Middletown. I thought he was kind of a tool back then.

I used to play a lot of softball against him back in the 80s. Mainly at Crosby Park in Middletown. I thought he was kind of a tool back then.

Rental, do you recall playing an all black softball team that had 2 white guys on the team playing at Crosby in late 70's early 80's?

Rental, do you recall playing an all black softball team that had 2 white guys on the team playing at Crosby in late 70's early 80's?
Did the name of this team start with a J and have dark maroon as their primary color?

That sounds like a team we used to play that most of the guys were from Shelbyville. And they were really good. Can't remember their team name though.

Did the name of this team start with a J and have dark maroon as their primary color?
I really don't remember. What I do remember was there was a tall(probably 6-5) thin guy on their team that seemed to be his best friend. They had a pretty good team.

That sounds like a team we used to play that most of the guys were from Shelbyville. And they were really good. Can't remember their team name though.

My husband can’t remember the name of team or maroon. He does recall the team loved scotch and after the game everyone went to a liquor store on Shelbyville Rd in M-town to drink. He said we were one great ball team.

He remembers Jaballies but they were a different team than what him & International Harvester friend played on. He admits Jaballies was all that and better than his team.

He remembers Jaballies but they were a different team than what him & International Harvester friend played on. He admits Jaballies was all that and better than his team.
I thought Jabali’s uni’s were green & gold, with a Oakland A’s look? Remember them playing in a league with Bill Clark AC, Stoner’s, Waco, Portland AC, etc?

Reactions: rh62531
Early morning sports programming in this city sucks. I’m not crazy about Nick Coffey either. Then I heard on Tuesday that Deener wanted Bellarmine to beat the Cards. But that he wasn’t “upset” that THE UofL actually won the game. From now on I’ll listen to Coffey after I swallow hard. No more 93.9 and Deener for me. Drew Deener is a total hack and so is Swinney. The afternoon guys on 93.9 are very good as are the 790 guys. But I’m not sure how anyone can work for the likes of Drew Deener. He belongs in lessington.
I’m not in favor of an annual game with BU as they are the competition now. A game every 3rd or 4th year would be ok (always at the YUM!).

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Early morning sports programming in this city sucks. I’m not crazy about Nick Coffey either. Then I heard on Tuesday that Deener wanted Bellarmine to beat the Cards. But that he wasn’t “upset” that THE UofL actually won the game. From now on I’ll listen to Coffey after I swallow hard. No more 93.9 and Deener for me. Drew Deener is a total hack and so is Swinney. The afternoon guys on 93.9 are very good as are the 790 guys. But I’m not sure how anyone can work for the likes of Drew Deener. He belongs in lessington.
I’m not in favor of an annual game with BU as they are the competition now. A game every 3rd or 4th year would be ok (always at the YUM!).

Deener is one of the most negative guys in radio. He finds the negative in everything and can be disrespectful to Billy Reid and Perron at times. You can hear in the show how everyone of his co hosts kiss his ass the entire show.

Hes one of those guys that probably has a ton of acquaintances but nobody truly likes him deep down. Typical, short man arrogance. Was on the high school teams...but never got to play.

Sweeney is terrible, he rode the coat tails of Jason Anderson for years. Jason Anderson was one of the best sports talk guys in the city, which probably why he moved to a bigger market in Kansas City..

I thought Jabali’s uni’s were green & gold, with a Oakland A’s look? Remember them playing in a league with Bill Clark AC, Stoner’s, Waco, Portland AC, etc?
Correct and their leadoff hitter was Otto Petty. He could fly down the first base line.

Reactions: rh62531
Sweeney and Lochlame are the worst. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of Valvano either. Especially after he cried that Jurich “bullied” him.

Lochlame proved he couldn’t hack it in a bigger market and came crawling back to Louisville.

This is about the biggest market Sweeney can reach. He’s a mid major. He wouldn’t last in a Pro Team market city. He’s amateur at best.

Yeh Valano was really disappointing in how he kicked TJ after he was fired. He would have been better to just keep his mouth shut. I haven’t listen to him since.

Sweeney is terrible, he rode the coat tails of Jason Anderson for years. Jason Anderson was one of the best sports talk guys in the city, which probably why he moved to a bigger market in Kansas City..
I liked Anderson then the last couple of years he started to be a UK homer .I Kind of soured on him at the end of his tenure

Reactions: gocds
Deener is one of the most negative guys in radio. He finds the negative in everything and can be disrespectful to Billy Reid and Perron at times. You can hear in the show how everyone of his co hosts kiss his ass the entire show.

Hes one of those guys that probably has a ton of acquaintances but nobody truly likes him deep down. Typical, short man arrogance. Was on the high school teams...but never got to play.
He definitely belittles Perrin and BR I dont understand Perrins thinking sometimes .Geez he is the only one besides Maybin and Rummage that actually knows about BB in the mornings. And he let's Deener just act like he is the only one who knows anything. All Deener does is brag about being a eastender and who he knows just like that Wanna be rich boy Cooper. They are to dam umpty .

Yeh Valano was really disappointing in how he kicked TJ after he was fired. He would have been better to just keep his mouth shut. I haven’t listen to him since.
I like Valvano now that he finally talks about BB and Fb .At first all he talked about was bocce and soccer sports that nobody wants to hear about around here.

Deener knows nothing about football and basketball, and he’s flat out just not entertaining. Billy Reed is just so hard to listen to. Perrin is entertaining, not sure if he’d make a great host but he would definitely be better than Deener.

I like Maybin and Rummage, but usually not tuning in at that time. The station would be better moving Maybin and Rummage to 6-10 am and just cut Deeners show altogether, and add Perrin, or let Perrin do another show from say 10-12 with another host.

I like The Drive in the afternoon, also like R & R but only because sometimes i want to listen to Ramsey cause he’s a UofL homer and i want that every now and again.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Deener knows nothing about football and basketball, and he’s flat out just not entertaining. Billy Reed is just so hard to listen to. Perrin is entertaining, not sure if he’d make a great host but he would definitely be better than Deener.

I like Maybin and Rummage, but usually not tuning in at that time. The station would be better moving Maybin and Rummage to 6-10 am and just cut Deeners show altogether, and add Perrin, or let Perrin do another show from say 10-12 with another host.

I like The Drive in the afternoon, also like R & R but only because sometimes i want to listen to Ramsey cause he’s a UofL homer and i want that every now and again.

The problem with all of this is that Deener “runs the show” at 93.9 and that’s too bad. But I agree on what you said here.

The problem with all of this is that Deener “runs the show” at 93.9 and that’s too bad. But I agree on what you said here.

yeah I know, I’ve actually talked to him a few times. Personally, he seems like a good guy, I just think he needs some self awareness.

I noticed it immediately, it was definitely disrespectful IMO. Davenport is always in “sell mode” selling himself. I’ve heard he’s not the guy he portrays.
Agree.
I know people change so I don’t want to bash a local guy who has done well but I remember Davenport being a two faced d!ck during his Ballard days.

I always hope Bellarmine does well but I couldn’t give a crap about Davenport.

Valvano has the worst show ever. Bobble heads, Mets, disparaging his son, watching TV while doing his show, Why is he even on? Seems like he doesn’t really want to be on the air. I’d rather listen to rap-county-jazz-fusion than him.

Valvano has the worst show ever. Bobble heads, Mets, disparaging his son, watching TV while doing his show, Why is he even on? Seems like he doesn’t really want to be on the air. I’d rather listen to rap-county-jazz-fusion than him.

Don't forget the eating and chewing in the microphone. Nothing like listening to a guy with a mouth full of food. :rolleyes:

Reactions: OlhamCardinal
Valvano is a flat joke. The things he does that made me quit listening to him: eating on the air (while chomping in the microphone), pulling away from his microphone to the point you can’t hear him, actually thinking people care to listen to him talk MLB/Mets, yelling/arguing/belittling his son, touting the NBA, cozying up to Mike Pratt, etc etc etc. His show stinks.

I cannot believe he’s still the b-ball color man on our radio broadcasts. He’s a grouch and I can’t agree more, he doesn’t seem interested in what he’s doing.

Agree with this too. He whined like a little girl about Jurich. From my perspective if you needed the job more than your manhood I get it, you gotta pay the bills. But don’t whine about it after the fact to everyone on the air. I was actually embarrassed for him, even though I think he sucks as an on air personality.

I sample just about all of the LOCAL sports talk radio programming, some more than others. It's all entertainment, and none of it should be taken too seriously.

Got a chuckle reading the insecurity about Bellarmine in this thread. Gimme a break...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT