ADVERTISEMENT

Something's missing from this team

Looks like we went small ball at the end, but didn’t see Carr or Jones in the game.

Toughness….maybe. That was Emily. Getting very little from Liz and Josie - that Must change ASAP. Konno came back tonight and it sounded like she played well. I’d like to see more of Harris.

The Cards have never been to back to back Final Fours, so a drop-off isnt unexpected.

The Cards are just too small.
Need Uconn and Scar size in the post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
Someone I think that can change this team is Alexia Mobley and I wonder if and when she will be available?

The performance last night illustrated just how soft this team is. It definitely had nothing to do with size, as SD St. dominated the paint and rebounding with one of the shortest rosters that we will see this year. Selland and Theisen combined for 20 rebounds, and both are 6’1”, and the tallest on their starting five.

We were by far the tallest team on the floor, but failed to assert any effort to rebound or defend the defensive glass.

The Cards have never been to back to back Final Fours, so a drop-off isnt unexpected.

The Cards are just too small.
Need Uconn and Scar size in the post.
That is 100% incorrect. UofL has plenty of size. Maximizing that size seems to be a shortfall. I love CJW. But, as someone else stated his best efforts are with guards and wings. I think he struggles a bit with developing his post players and that might lead to struggling in recruiting them. Back to topic - this team has excellent size. They are are bit soft (I agree). They just need to gel and it may take some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT