ADVERTISEMENT

Someone who will stay and build the Program?

The Louisville job opens every 4 years generally for one reason or another, has for decades. Had Dabo come and had been successful, he would have likely been snatched up. My guess is the Cards look better next year and look great in Year 4, and he's likely gone after that based on what he said in his presser. Until something in the data changes, it just is what it is (kind of like losing to UK every year unless we win the national title).
Everything said here is probably closer to right than wrong.

BTW, the average tenure of a Louisville FB headcoach since Schnellenberger departed in 1994 is 3.7 seasons.

Everything said here is probably closer to right than wrong.

BTW, the average tenure of a Louisville FB headcoach since Schnellenberger departed in 1994 is 3.7 seasons.

And hey if Satt's team smashes the #3 team in the nation in the Sugar Bowl in Year 4, recruits a 3rd straight Top 30 class and leaves tons of depth for the following Fall....and he leaves for wherever the next day, I can live with that. One of my favorite football memories is watching that amazing Cardinal defense against Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Thank him and root for the next guy. Realistic!

There is a chance that he builds something here and we grow on him.

There is always a chance he decides this is him. His stamp.

Dabo style

Probably won’t. But could

There is a chance that he builds something here and we grow on him.

There is always a chance he decides this is him. His stamp.

Dabo style

Probably won’t. But could

Time will tell. No crystal ball has the answer and we are all grasping for a crystal ball are we not? Reality is CSS does not really know right now either.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Why didn’t Jurich hire Dabo when he was an unknown position coach? He had a shot at him then. It is possible to hire the right guy without $10mm. Keeping him is the challenge. How did Jurich do at that?
You're retrospectively setting the bar for Jurich at finding the best unknown coach in the country--as validated by that coach's record IN THE FUTURE--to be his next hire? Good one. I'll expect that to be the bar you're setting for "Vince", if you're still around to evaluate his results.
...even though the record was down I think we are overall headed in the right direction.
Satterfield's record in Year 2 was the worst for a U of L football coach since Schnellenberger. Needless to say, there were a couple of bad coaches in there...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT