ADVERTISEMENT

Someone over in the cesspool that is big blue-ser board may have hit on something ... Art Briles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Art Briles should be snapped up by Mitchy boy, asap.

He'd turn them around in two seasons. And he'd pack the stands with his high octane offense. I don't care that all his coaching days have been entirely in Texas. That wouldn't matter. Briles would bring those kids up to Lexington, his offense would allow those kids to shine, and the pipeline would be built.

I think this is the quick fix that UK needs.

Luckily ... for us ... Mitch Barnhart is completely, and utterly, incompetent. He is too PC to see through the haze of crap enveloping Baylor, and will associate that with the head coach. A head coach who STILL received his $20 million settlement from Baylor. Which, had there been a HINT of evidence of wrong doing on his part, he wouldn't have gotten a PENNY of.

I almost feel sorry for LPT fans. There is an EASY answer to their football woes. That would result in a QUICK turnaround. And it won't even be considered.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: gocds
If they "Could" hire Briles and pull it off and do...they could not longer use the "Morality" thing against anyone...there is a reason why he is no longer Baylor Coach...

If they "Could" hire Briles and pull it off and do...they could not longer use the "Morality" thing against anyone...there is a reason why he is no longer Baylor Coach...

They lost that card when they forced Mitchy boy to hire John Calipari. A coach he made a point of not even interviewing when he hired the drunk he hired the first time.

First, Art Briles has much better options than that dumpster fire in Lexington. Second, they lost any "morality" in hiring Calipari. Cal is as sleezy as they come and they sold their soul in hiring him.

Most big programs will not touch Briles right now. That is what could make this work. Their utterly ridiculous Plan A is Tom Hermann. Yes, he will leave Houston who is B12 bound. Of course, we have to keep in mind that LSU will be open after the season, so that is where Briles ends up because they will sell their soul for offense. I'd be shocked if that phone call has not already been made.

Reactions: 65bird
Art Briles should be snapped up by Mitchy boy, asap.

He'd turn them around in two seasons. And he'd pack the stands with his high octane offense. I don't care that all his coaching days have been entirely in Texas. That wouldn't matter. Briles would bring those kids up to Lexington, his offense would allow those kids to shine, and the pipeline would be built.

I think this is the quick fix that UK needs.

Luckily ... for us ... Mitch Barnhart is completely, and utterly, incompetent. He is too PC to see through the haze of crap enveloping Baylor, and will associate that with the head coach. A head coach who STILL received his $20 million settlement from Baylor. Which, had there been a HINT of evidence of wrong doing on his part, he wouldn't have gotten a PENNY of.

I almost feel sorry for LPT fans. There is an EASY answer to their football woes. That would result in a QUICK turnaround. And it won't even be considered.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Be careful what you wish for. It's possible that, like the Calipari hire, the powers-that-be at UK will take the decision of the next football head coach out of Barnhart's hands. And of course, if that happens, every UK fan over on the Lair will claim that Saint Art Briles is as pure as the driven snow, just like Saint John Calipari.

Be careful what you wish for. It's possible that, like the Calipari hire, the powers-that-be at UK will take the decision of the next football head coach out of Barnhart's hands. And of course, if that happens, every UK fan over on the Lair will claim that Saint Art Briles is as pure as the driven snow, just like Saint John Calipari.

Briles to LSU.

Reactions: 65bird
Art Briles is the biggest scapegoat in modern sports. He didn't suspend players based on allegations. No one who truly believes in justice would punish someone prior to the adjudication process. Was he supposed to suspend players based on allegations Baylor admin didn't believe to be credible? When indictments came down Briles suspended a player before the week was over. Coaches are at the mercy of the administration when it comes to the investigative process, just like Pitino right now.

Reactions: Louisvillian
They lost that card when they forced Mitchy boy to hire John Calipari. A coach he made a point of not even interviewing when he hired the drunk he hired the first time.

Uhh, I don't think Louisville has any room to talk on the "morality card". UL didn't fire a coach who breached the morals clause in his contract and hired a coach who did, and got his former employer sued in the process. Probably not an argument UL wants to have.

Uhh, I don't think Louisville has any room to talk on the "morality card". UL didn't fire a coach who breached the morals clause in his contract and hired a coach who did, and got his former employer sued in the process. Probably not an argument UL wants to have.

I am not saying we hold any moral high ground. But it's laughable to say that UK does.

Reactions: Cue Card
Is Pervis Griffith the subject of your stupid morality play or is it Tom Jurich, Pitino, BP?

He has all the room to talk in the world. He is a fan of the Louisville Cardinals and this is a message board that even allows you and your sour ass anti-UofL garbage to keep posting here.

It's not an argument anybody wants to have.

Reactions: Cue Card
Is Pervis Griffith the subject of your stupid morality play or is it Tom Jurich, Pitino, BP?

He has all the room to talk in the world. He is a fan of the Louisville Cardinals and this is a message board that even allows you and your sour ass anti-UofL garbage to keep posting here.

I have no problem with CardLaw. I didn't take that as a shot at all.

We have zero claim to moral authority anymore. But jimmy crack corn and I don't care. I was just pointing out the silliness with which UK tries to claim that ground, that decades of misdoings there make impossible to do. Yet they keep trying.

I am not saying we hold any moral high ground. But it's laughable to say that UK does.

I don't know P-G. Calipari certainly seems to have a loose relationship with the NCAA rules. But, off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone at UK who has moved the sleaze bag meter. I can think of two coaches at UL who have put it into the red and an AD and President who retained one and hired the other. Whether UK hold the high ground or not is another question. UL is clearly below sea level right now.

I don't know P-G. Calipari certainly seems to have a loose relationship with the NCAA rules. But, off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone at UK who has moved the sleaze bag meter. I can think of two coaches at UL who have put it into the red and an AD and President who retained one and hired the other. Whether UK hold the high ground or not is another question. UL is clearly below sea level right now.
Wow. Thanks for being an expert on "Sea-level" you pretentious whatever. Hoping you get over yourself. Really.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I have no problem with CardLaw. I didn't take that as a shot at all.

We have zero claim to moral authority anymore. But jimmy crack corn and I don't care. I was just pointing out the silliness with which UK tries to claim that ground, that decades of misdoings there make impossible to do. Yet they keep trying.
I got it.

I'm guessing Briles will be long gone in 2+ years when UK is ready to hire their next coach. I don't have that crazy contract extension in front of me that Barnhart signed, but I've read over and over that it's 2 years minimum based on the amount of the buyout. Someone will give Briles a chance before Stoops is finally let go.

Your problem is I am right.

Our problem is that you have for some reason resurfaced after that beatdown and exile dealt you years ago by MarkE. Did you even read the entire thread? PG was responding to a post that brought up UK's alleged higher moral ground. Their fans use it all the time. However, if you don't see Caliapari as having his own problems you quickly forget that UK refused to even interview him because of those problems when they hired Gillespie. You also choose to forget Marcus Camby, Derrick Rose and his vacated Final Fours. Nevermind the fact that UK players have gotten into more trouble over the last 5 years than all but 3 other schools. Moral issues are not just related to sexual issues.

NO ONE in this thread claimed that U of L has superior morals to anyone and frankly I don't give a rat's ass that we do not. This stuff is so commonplace today. Thank God we are not Syracuse or Holy Penn State. Please go away, AGAIN.

Louisvillian, Just keep in mind that Cardlaw is actually a Alabama football fan. Now do you think HE really wants to travel down the high morality road when it comes to talking college football? I don't believe there is a more corrupt college football program in the nation than Alabama.

Louisvillian, Just keep in mind that Cardlaw is actually a Alabama football fan. Now do you think HE really wants to travel down the high morality road when it comes to talking college football? I don't believe there is a more corrupt college football program in the nation than Alabama.

Yes, and unfortunately for us there is nothing Card about him. He just happens to live in Louisville, so he comes here to stir it up. If he happened to live in Lexington or anywhere else we would have never heard of him before or again.

If they hire anybody who can "turn it around" in two years or five years (without probation immediately following) it will be the first time in my lifetime.

My money still says they will never allow FB to "threaten" BB's luster.

Yeah, they'd love a decent bowl game, but FB better not DARE take any thrill away from MNM. (FB players just love seeing people camped out to watch a BB PRACTICE right in the middle of their season :rolleyes: ) It gives them that warm feeling. Like when they used to pee their pants.

Old guys will remember that UL was in the same boat years ago. BB first and always, and FB was just a curiosity until the coming of CHS, who was hired by Bill Olsen. A BB guy.

But CHS wasn't the average coach. He was a National Champion and knew what it took to get there. As we all know, he was master of the Dream, sold it everywhere, and couldn't care less if he was laughed at.

I was fortunate enough to have several conversations with CHS. He butted heads a lot with the admins, even after they hired him. It's why he left. BB came first still.

And I'll never forget the night he was packing his office to go to OK. I asked him if we were going to be alright. He looked at me with that squint, and after a brief pause said...

"If they get somebody in here with some balls, who will stand up to "THEM", this team will be fine. But if "THEY" get some limp dick that won't stand up to "THEM", it's going right back down the tubes."

Well, we got Coop and we know the outcome.

AFAIC the only thing that saved UL FB is TJ. If we'd kept the same THEM in power, we'd be in uk's shoes today.

But at uk "THEY" will never hire THAT AD or HFBC.

And recent history has shown that no established HC will sign with THEM.

Case closed.

I think that there are a couple of sec schools that surpass the Gumps when it comes to actual college corruption - ie recruiting violations but, make no mistake about it Saban is ALL about winning and nothing else. Hiring Kiffen indicated that and the recent hiring of Sarkisian removed any lingering doubt.

If UK really wants to win for a while they need to hire another cheater who is also good at coaching. That's how they've been successful in the past. Go back to what works.

If Stoops is cheating then just add cheating to the long list of deficiencies he has as a head coach -- "Doesn't know how to cheat right."

Our problem is that you have for some reason resurfaced after that beatdown and exile dealt you years ago by MarkE. Did you even read the entire thread? PG was responding to a post that brought up UK's alleged higher moral ground. Their fans use it all the time. However, if you don't see Caliapari as having his own problems you quickly forget that UK refused to even interview him because of those problems when they hired Gillespie. You also choose to forget Marcus Camby, Derrick Rose and his vacated Final Fours. Nevermind the fact that UK players have gotten into more trouble over the last 5 years than all but 3 other schools. Moral issues are not just related to sexual issues.

NO ONE in this thread claimed that U of L has superior morals to anyone and frankly I don't give a rat's ass that we do not. This stuff is so commonplace today. Thank God we are not Syracuse or Holy Penn State. Please go away, AGAIN.

What "beatdown"? What "exile"? And who is "MarkE"?

And yes, I see Calipari has his issues. My point is simply this is not an argument UL wants. There are points of criticism UL can make that UK cannot answer. This ain't one.

I would take issue with most corrupt. But the real difference between us is when Alabama screws up I own it and criticize it. I don't shut my eyes and let it go "as long as we win". Frankly, I don't think you are a "fan" of your team when you do turn a blind eye. I think you are the program's worst enemy.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I think that there are a couple of sec schools that surpass the Gumps when it comes to actual college corruption - ie recruiting violations but, make no mistake about it Saban is ALL about winning and nothing else. Hiring Kiffen indicated that and the recent hiring of Sarkisian removed any lingering doubt.

Kiffen's sin was ... what again?

Sarkisian is an alcoholic. Alcoholics have bad moral character? Really? Since when?

Saban is all about winning. Has he ever been accused of violating any NCAA rule? Ever got his employer sued? Ever been accused of violating his contractual morals clause? Anything? But, then again, hiring Kiffen and Sarkisian do prove, as if proof were needed, that Saban wants to win. And?

Kiffen's sin was ... what again?

Sarkisian is an alcoholic. Alcoholics have bad moral character? Really? Since when?

Saban is all about winning. Has he ever been accused of violating any NCAA rule? Ever got his employer sued? Ever been accused of violating his contractual morals clause? Anything? But, then again, hiring Kiffen and Sarkisian do prove, as if proof were needed, that Saban wants to win. And?
Lol - "(You) own it" when the Gumps screw up? What was Kiffen's sin? How about trolling for coeds leading to his wife filing for divorce? I'd say that speaks to his morals and or, the lack thereof. No one said Sarkisian has bad moral character - clearly he has bad judgment - which lead to his firing and ultimately him suing USC.

Both Kiffen and Sarkisian were supposedly as radioactive as Petrino but Saban - who's all about winning - knew they could coach and so, he hired them. Sounds pretty familiar to The Jurich / Petrino's story - wouldn't you say? Of course you wouldn't, because you're a jackass with a boner for Petrino and UofL - that's ok, Gumps will be Gumps afterall - it's simply in your nature.

BTW - has Petrino ever been accused of violating NCAA rules?

Lol - "(You) own it" when the Gumps screw up? What was Kiffen's sin? How about trolling for coeds leading to his wife filing for divorce? I'd say that speaks to his morals and or, the lack thereof. No one said Sarkisian has bad moral character - clearly he has bad judgment - which lead to his firing and ultimately him suing USC.

Both Kiffen and Sarkisian were supposedly as radioactive as Petrino but Saban - who's all about winning - knew they could coach and so, he hired them. Sounds pretty familiar to The Jurich / Petrino's story - wouldn't you say? Of course you wouldn't, because you're a jackass with a boner for Petrino and UofL - that's ok, Gumps will be Gumps afterall - it's simply in your nature.

BTW - has Petrino ever been accused of violating NCAA rules?

Uhh, not according to Layla Kiffin. The basis for divorce was "irreconcilable differences". The split was announced in February by Coach Kiffin and divorce proceedings were filed in March by Layla. If you need to lie to support your argument it merely demonstrates the weakness of your argument - and you have no argument. That is just a TAD bit different then motorcycle bobby getting his ass kicked by his mistress's boyfriend who he had hired on his staff and then getting his employer sued (actually, they settled pre-suit I think). There is zero evidence of Coach Kiffin doing anything wrong. Want me to recount the list of motorcycle bobby's indiscretions and lies? Shall I start with his days at Jacksonville? UL? Atlanta? Arkansas? It is a long list of deceit well documented in the press. Care to share with us a single story of deceit by Saban? Kiffin? Sarkisian? (Here it comes: Saban told the press at some point he was not going to Alabama and then weeks later took the job ... ooohhh ... Not since Judas, huh?) Right up there with banging broads on a restaurant table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT