ADVERTISEMENT

So proud of this team!

Cue Card

Four-Star Poster
Mar 7, 2011
They're playing for pride and they're STILL playing for the uniform in spite of the adults in charge of them screwing them over.

I have never been more proud of any team in my personal history of watching Cardinals basketball. I mean that.

Go CARDS!!!

Read Jack Coffee. One bad call we are out of the tourney, NCAA rules in June one year post season ban and everyone on the roster can transfer and not have to sit out out! Roll the dice

Read Jack Coffee. One bad call we are out of the tourney, NCAA rules in June one year post season ban and everyone on the roster can transfer and not have to sit out out! Roll the dice
This is what I've thought all along. I too felt sick when the news of the ban came out but after further reflection, I decided I would rather see a post season ban this season instead of next. I think most fans once next season is about to start will be glad it went the way it did. Today, we don't feel that way but like with most things in life, the better things are down the road. As much as it sucks that this team can't participate in the big dance, I think going into next season knowing we're not eligible for post season and with the loss of some key players due to transfer would feel a whole lot worse.

Of course all of this depends on what the NCAA rules. An additional ban would make all of what I just wrote moot. But, I really don't see a two year ban for what happened with McGee. Jack Coffee's article made sense to me and he supposed that even if we went to the dance, an 1st or 2nd round loss would be hard to take knowing a likely post season ban and loss of players was ahead. This way, hopefully the ban will be in the rear view mirror and none of our key players transfer out. But, it would have been fun to see where this team could have went.

Sorry Cue, but winning makes it worse.

Im not saying the team should throw in the towel, nor do i wish for them to lose, however
the idiot in charge flushed a elite 8 team down the drain.

Why does he still have a job.........

Sorry Cue, but winning makes it worse.

Im not saying the team should throw in the towel, nor do i wish for them to lose, however
the idiot in charge flushed a elite 8 team down the drain.

Why does he still have a job.........
Great question Kerry. I can't answer it. I'm still pissed about the ban, and I hold NONE of the players on this roster accountable for it. I DO hold McGee responsible, and I hold Pitino and Jurich responsible.

I know both are great at what they do, but no way they should have agreed to this from what we know today. Now I reserve the right to change my stance on this once ALL the truth comes out. Today though I see a very good team that had the chance to be great get sucker punched by the adults in charge of their well being and instead of rebelling or throwing in the towel, they're playing together as one with pride and ethical character that outshines the adults who screwed them.

I blame McGee for most of this. I blame Pitino for not seeing what type of person McGee really was. I blame Jurich for bowing down to Ramsey and the NCAA, and I blame Ramsey for being a chicken sh*t leader covering his own arse.

I love this team!

Great question Kerry. I can't answer it. I'm still pissed about the ban, and I hold NONE of the players on this roster accountable for it. I DO hold McGee responsible, and I hold Pitino and Jurich responsible.

I know both are great at what they do, but no way they should have agreed to this from what we know today. Now I reserve the right to change my stance on this once ALL the truth comes out. Today though I see a very good team that had the chance to be great get sucker punched by the adults in charge of their well being and instead of rebelling or throwing in the towel, they're playing together as one with pride and ethical character that outshines the adults who screwed them.

I blame McGee for most of this. I blame Pitino for not seeing what type of person McGee really was. I blame Jurich for bowing down to Ramsey and the NCAA, and I blame Ramsey for being a chicken sh*t leader covering his own arse.

I love this team!
How do you know Mangok was involved? Or who exactly was involved? Only a few people know all the facts right now.

How do you know Mangok was involved? Or who exactly was involved? Only a few people know all the facts right now.
I don't. That's why I wrote "Now I reserve the right to change my stance on this once ALL the truth comes out." As of this moment however, my original post is how I feel about this situation.

I've actually been really impressed at this.

Lewis and Lee really got the shaft in all of this. It's impressive that these kids are still coming out and playing.

For selfish reasons, I'll be rooting for the Cards the rest of the way.

Ban this year or next the question of what if will arise. I personally am glad it's this year because if the ban comes next year it still disrupts players lives and we have to continue and deal with this for another year. Yeah will have scholarships revoked and CRP will be suspended but will make the tournament. And next years team will be even more loaded. And will go deeper than this team especially with all of our injuries. Time to get over it and move on!

Exactly. We still don't even know what happened if anything because no one will tell us anything. The NCAA hasn't even interviewed Rick yet which is absurd. If it turns out that Powell was lying (which is still a great possibility) and we took this ban for no reason, Ramsey better get a pool cover.

Back to this team. Last night makes me proud to be a Cards fan. Love the grit and determination of this team. It could have been a special year.

"I GOT YOUR BACK"

Ban this year or next the question of what if will arise. I personally am glad it's this year because if the ban comes next year it still disrupts players lives and we have to continue and deal with this for another year. Yeah will have scholarships revoked and CRP will be suspended but will make the tournament. And next years team will be even more loaded. And will go deeper than this team especially with all of our injuries. Time to get over it and move on!
Get over it? This is only the start of it so there is no getting over it just yet. We're all hoping this self imposed ban appeases the NCAA with no further actions regarding bans but we certainly can't get over it just yet because it isn't over. Once it is over, then we can get over it and move on. Not before. JMO.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Exactly. We still don't even know what happened if anything because no one will tell us anything. The NCAA hasn't even interviewed Rick yet which is absurd. If it turns out that Powell was lying (which is still a great possibility) and we took this ban for no reason, Ramsey better get a pool cover.

Back to this team. Last night makes me proud to be a Cards fan. Love the grit and determination of this team. It could have been a special year.

"I GOT YOUR BACK"
If you think that Ramsey agreed to a ban without evidence your living an illusion. I don't think anyone believes nothing happened and if in fact nothing did happen why did McGee resign and shut up. Ramsey didn't get to where he is by being stupid. And Chuck Smrt is very familiar with the NCAA investigative arm since he was one of them and that's whose advising UL. Heck even Ricky Jones said it may have been the right decision just not the one he would have made. Ricky Jones's fight is with the NCAA not Ramsey. Wake up and smell the coffee, if any money switched hands from McGee to that ho were in deep stuff. And all indications is that it did.

If you think that Ramsey agreed to a ban without evidence your living an illusion. I don't think anyone believes nothing happened and if in fact nothing did happen why did McGee resign and shut up. Ramsey didn't get to where he is by being stupid. And Chuck Smrt is very familiar with the NCAA investigative arm since he was one of them and that's whose advising UL. Heck even Ricky Jones said it may have been the right decision just not the one he would have made. Ricky Jones's fight is with the NCAA not Ramsey. Wake up and smell the coffee, if any money switched hands from McGee to that ho were in deep stuff. And all indications is that it did.
Ramsey is a crook. Forgive me if I don't believe in him. There are plenty of reasons not to. Oh I certainly agree that it seems as if at least something happened. But to me if there is something, let it be known. Rick has been adamant that this lady is untrustworthy. Why should we believe she's telling the truth until it's proven. I will take Rick's work over a hookers any day of the week. That's just me. I guess my thing is that although something happened, was it worthy of a post season ban. Thus far, I would say no. Plus Ricky Jones even said that there is no more damaging information coming out than is already out there. That tells me that this ban was probably unnecessary.

Get over it? This is only the start of it so there is no getting over it just yet. We're all hoping this self imposed ban appeases the NCAA with no further actions regarding bans but we certainly can't get over it just yet because it isn't over. Once it is over, then we can get over it and move on. Not before. JMO.
You can mope, whine, cry and be depressed it won't change a thing. What's happened has happened, period. We are going to get punished this year or next and more than likely both years. But in all likelihood we won't get a ban both years. We don't know what the university knows or the NCAA because it's an investigation. But if this the only year were banned we will get back to some form of normalcy sooner than later. I chose to enjoy the remainder of this season for what it is. Follow the women, look forward to FB. And hopefully the NCAA will have rendered a decision before BB season. I can't change anything else and I refuse to point fingers at anyone other than McGee and that ho at this point. So yes I'm determined to move on!

Ramsey is a crook. Forgive me if I don't believe in him. There are plenty of reasons not to. Oh I certainly agree that it seems as if at least something happened. But to me if there is something, let it be known. Rick has been adamant that this lady is untrustworthy. Why should we believe she's telling the truth until it's proven. I will take Rick's work over a hookers any day of the week. That's just me. I guess my thing is that although something happened, was it worthy of a post season ban. Thus far, I would say no. Plus Ricky Jones even said that there is no more damaging information coming out than is already out there. That tells me that this ban was probably unnecessary.
Apparently you haven't followed this that closely because Rick has already said that something took place "And I don't know why". Not to mention if CRP knew anything that would imply that he knew about it, which, I don't believe he did. And if Ramsey's a crook when was he arrested and convicted? And Ricky Jones did say that but once again money switching hands is as damning as gets in the eyes of the NCAA. And when did a professor become an expert in NCAA matters. I only referenced him to show he wasn't at odds with Ramsey's decision. None of us at this point are in a position to determine what the right decision is/was. However it's pretty easy to argue what decision should have been made when the weight of the program isn't based on your decision unlike Ramsey who has the weight of the decision on his shoulders. I have found in life people are pretty darn brave with opinions not so much with decisions. And there's a big difference.,

Reactions: BPGhost
Ricky Jones is a columnist himself looking to make his own headlines. Also if you notice, this man has a degree from guess where... The University of Kentucky. He has been very vocal in political rights and I feel he may have a second agenda here by calling out our administration.

What are the reasons to not believe Ramsey in this particular situation? So you are basing your opinion on whether the ban is justified not by what former head of NCAA enforcement Chuck Smrt advised based on his investigation but, on Ricky Jones' opinion? Dr. Jones is clearly a smart guy but, he's out of his depth in this deal.

What's funny about Ricky Jones opinion is that yesterday during an interview he stated that Ramsey's decision may well be correct. He stated that his decision would have been different only because he wanted a fight with the NCAA. Obviously that's not an exact quote, but close to the point. I found his points about the NCAA to be inline with Jay Bilas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT