ADVERTISEMENT

Send an email

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he comes back it means they looked into enough to know he was not involved. Why don't you scamper along the baseboard and head back over to the kitty litter box.

Reactions: JohnCard28
I just got done sending 36 emails to Postel, the Trustees, and the ULAA directors. I couldn't find email addresses for Burse, Wright and Grissom.

His suspension letter was pretty eye opening. He negotiated the Adidas deal but didn't offer Presiddnt or Athletic Board time to vet the deal. Not to mention the deal lacked actual details. Think that shows who Jurich felt like he answered to, which is no one.

The amount of drama, lack of accountability and embarrassment have taken a large toll. Hopefully the trustees do the right thing and uphold the dimissals

His suspension letter was pretty eye opening. He negotiated the Adidas deal but didn't offer Presiddnt or Athletic Board time to vet the deal. Not to mention the deal lacked actual details. Think that shows who Jurich felt like he answered to, which is no one.

He's the Vice President/Director of Athletics. He was completely in his authority to negotiate the deal. Sounds to me Postel is a bit of a control freak. Or, he's upset he didn't get any credit for the massive deal. Could be a little bit of both.

He's the Vice President/Director of Athletics. He was completely in his authority to negotiate the deal. Sounds to me Postel is a bit of a control freak. Or, he's upset he didn't get any credit for the massive deal. Could be a little bit of both.

Negotiating the deal would fall under his responsibility. However it is also important that his bosses are kept in the loop as to what the deal entails. That is the governance piece that Jurich doesn't seem to understand. He didn't think that he answered to anyone. When that happens you inevitably end up with issues.

Negotiating the deal would fall under his responsibility. However it is also important that his bosses are kept in the loop as to what the deal entails. That is the governance piece that Jurich doesn't seem to understand. He didn't think that he answered to anyone. When that happens you inevitably end up with issues.

It appears that Pitino is filing a "breach of contract" suit against UofL. If in fact it has merit, which it appears to have, our intern president just royally screwed the University. He has become all to apparent that his bias against our athletic director has clouded his decision making.

If we end up paying out one dime, the whole lot of them should be fired and banned from the University.

It appears that Pitino is filing a "breach of contract" suit against UofL. If in fact it has merit, which it appears to have, our intern president just royally screwed the University. He has become all to apparent that his bias against our athletic director has clouded his decision making.

If we end up paying out one dime, the whole lot of them should be fired and banned from the University.

Not sure what his "bias against the athletic director" has in regards to the firing of Pitino.

Did anyone think Pitino wouldn't file a lawsuit? He isn't going to leave $44M on the table without a fight. I feel pretty comfortable in the university's position that his firing was "with cause".

Not sure what his "bias against the athletic director" has in regards to the firing of Pitino.

Did anyone think Pitino wouldn't file a lawsuit? He isn't going to leave $44M on the table without a fight. I feel pretty comfortable in the university's position that his firing was "with cause".
Not so sure.

If the FBI has wiretap recordings of Pitino talking to the Adidas VP asking for money to be funneled to Bowan then his case is dead and UofL will win the lawsuit. If the FBI does not then it is going to be more difficult to prove a breach of contract occured.

We'll see.

Not so sure.

If the FBI has wiretap recordings of Pitino talking to the Adidas VP asking for money to be funneled to Bowan then his case is dead and UofL will win the lawsuit. If the FBI does not then it is going to be more difficult to prove a breach of contract occured.

We'll see.

I agree if there is tangible evidence then Pitino gets nothing. Without tangible evidence this thing settles for a couple million. No way Pitino wants all his transgressions rehashed in court.

Reactions: Cue Card

Postel is not being truthful when claiming he wasn't in the loop.

The "bias" I mentioned comes from friends of mine who are not into sports. They all have basically pointed out that this has the look and feel of "anti Pitino". I did not see it at first, but after stepping back, I hear and see what they did.

From a PR standpoint, the University has handled this thing horribly. We are becoming divided on opinions, not facts. If Rick was part of this then we need the facts to demonstrate his involvement. If that means long term suspension so be it.

The problem we have is that it got out he was fired. Instead of walking everyone through the process of termination, the interim president dropped the "suspension without pay" while the background noise was saying he was fired.

By addressing how the process works and the expected time frame for Rick's situation, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Of course this would have been discussed with Rick and his Attorney first. They would have agreed on the release and what could and could not be discussed.

Personally, I think Rick has a lot of issues or just bad mojo that he can't shake. He can't stay here while we deal with the "issue of the season". It's just to taxing on the University, players, and supporters.

We have all come to points where it was time to move on whether we wanted to or not.

Postel is not being truthful when claiming he wasn't in the loop.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. I think it's safe to say though that Jurich was used to operating with complete autonomy because that's how Pres Ramsey allowed things to be done.

The "bias" I mentioned comes from friends of mine who are not into sports. They all have basically pointed out that this has the look and feel of "anti Pitino". I did not see it at first, but after stepping back, I hear and see what they did.

From a PR standpoint, the University has handled this thing horribly. We are becoming divided on opinions, not facts. If Rick was part of this then we need the facts to demonstrate his involvement. If that means long term suspension so be it.

The problem we have is that it got out he was fired. Instead of walking everyone through the process of termination, the interim president dropped the "suspension without pay" while the background noise was saying he was fired.

By addressing how the process works and the expected time frame for Rick's situation, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Of course this would have been discussed with Rick and his Attorney first. They would have agreed on the release and what could and could not be discussed.

Personally, I think Rick has a lot of issues or just bad mojo that he can't shake. He can't stay here while we deal with the "issue of the season". It's just to taxing on the University, players, and supporters.

We have all come to points where it was time to move on whether we wanted to or not.

I literally know no one who doesn't think Pitino should be fired at this point. He is being given notice per his contract and will then be terminated. If you think he should just receive a long term suspension then you are the first.

The truth is probably somewhere in between. I think it's safe to say though that Jurich was used to operating with complete autonomy because that's how Pres Ramsey allowed things to be done.
If postel didn’t come in and inform him of material changes to his position under him, why would Jurich operate any differently than he had? I’ll stack his list of achievements up against postel’s any day.

Pretty sure he left millions on the table when he resigned from the Celtics. Wonder why this situation is being handled differently by pitino?

Reactions: GoldCard
If postel didn’t come in and inform him of material changes to his position under him, why would Jurich operate any differently than he had? I’ll stack his list of achievements up against postel’s any day.

Who knows if they had conversations or not. I do know that Postel and the Board said they expected Jurich to be more transparent with the Board (referencing Papa Johns "invisible") comment. At the time it seemed like Jurich was not happily buying in.

Pretty sure he left millions on the table when he resigned from the Celtics. Wonder why this situation is being handled differently by pitino?

A couple of things:

- he left Celtics on his own terms, which was acceptable with his ego

- he is more likely looking at his final high paying coaching gig. When he left the Celtics he still had a bright coaching future ahead of him and was still in demand

- his attorney is doing what any attorney would do

Who knows if they had conversations or not. I do know that Postel and the Board said they expected Jurich to be more transparent with the Board (referencing Papa Johns "invisible") comment. At the time it seemed like Jurich was not happily buying in.
Postel was on record stating that he was a part of the negotiations. This was back when it fit his agenda.

Last edited:
Postel was on record stating that he was a part of the negotiations. This was back when it fit his agenda.
And his agenda is claiming knowledge or participation in events that are, or appear to be beneficial to the university. The moment that those events benefits are questioned by anyone - postel’s agenda is to reverse course and distance himself from said events / people.

Oh, and he also asks “how high?” when grissom tells him to jump.

Reactions: GoldCard
Pitino and Jurich suffer embarrassment easily and are not concerned about the bad examples to young people. Higher education means nothing to them.

Dumbest post in the history of the board.
Considering the history regarding some of the real losers we've had post here in the past, that is saying something.

Congrats to eastwood45789 for making history. :eek:

Reactions: BPGhost

Now it’s coming out that Jurich met 11 times with the President and board reference the Adidas contract. Now it appears he’s being railroaded.

Reactions: BPGhost
Now it’s coming out that Jurich met 11 times with the President and board reference the Adidas contract. Now it appears he’s being railroaded.

I was on the fence when this whole mess went down. I could see it both ways. But, it's become clear now. Postel's got to go.

Reactions: Niterider55

I was on the fence when this whole mess went down. I could see it both ways. But, it's become clear now. Postel's got to go.

I agree but if you think about it he’s a puppet to David Grissom and ultimately Bevin’s. Grissom is really doing the dirty work and Postel is trying to get a job. Bad scenario for UL.

I agree but if you think about it he’s a puppet to David Grissom and ultimately Bevin’s. Grissom is really doing the dirty work and Postel is trying to get a job. Bad scenario for UL.

Grissom is a Bevin appointee, as they all are. I don't know what Bevin is looking to gain in all of this, but Grissom is the problem, for certain.

“Funneling money to recruits is a level 1 NCAA violation”.

Most obvious post in the history of this board. Eastwood is en fuego.

We don't KNOW anything if it came from Postel. He's becoming one of those "when his lips move" guys...

Casper -
When you get tired of facebook and gaming there is a job fair at the KFC Yum Center today.
Lol - I’m good on that front. I don’t look for jobs - I employ people.

I posted twice in the span of 5 minutes. I’ll venture to say I get more done in an hour than you do in a day and a half. By the way - I like your cheering section - a yut and a dolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT