ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Scheduling.

But you missed my point. My point is your OPPONENTS also have great players and have Depth. Louisville has that too. Player Development is almost as important if not more important than recruiting rankings. Jimbo Fisher always tells the media,"Everybody has good players so in order to be successful we have to have a system in place to develop our players from the time they arrive at FSU to the time that they leave." FSU has all kind of support systems in place from Nutrition, Strength Training, Mental Training and so forth. There is a lot more than just recruiting talent and expected it to turn into wins. And I'm not saying Mark Stoops can't get it done. I'm saying he hasn't yet and there is no indication he'll ever do it until/unless he actually does it.
Coach Stoops is getting there. Joker left the program in ruins- It will take Coach 5 or 6 years to clean it up.

I posted this on Warchant too but I was looking through the SEC's Non-Conference scheduling for 2016 and then compared it with the ACC's and there is no comparison. Most of the SEC teams play one semi-decent out of conference game combined with 3 cupcakes that are guaranteed wins. There are a couple of exceptions. Ole Miss plays us and Memphis. There isn't anything special about Memphis but it is better than an FCS or a 2 win FBS team or something like that. Georgia plays UNC and Georgia Tech. Everybody else schedules one hard game and that is it. And it really isn't even that. One hard game is enough. But for some of your other games schedule an East Carolina or BYU instead of Prairie View or Alabama A&M.

The ACC has a ton of high profile Non-Conference games this year and plenty of semi difficult games against decent G5 programs. I hope we get rewarded for it.
LOL!

Never said our schedule was brutal. I was speaking about the big dogs in the SEC only scheduling 1 good OOC opponent. Our schedule was much tougher in the day when Florida, Georgia and Tennessee were top programs. We have had the opportunity of a lifetime over the last few years with Muschamp at Florida and the mess at UT and haven't been able to take advantage of it. We have struggled mightily in games, that on paper, we should not struggle with. Until we get past that, we're not going anywhere.
LOL! Im a VOL fan and you have to be a kitty cat fan.

I know we never beat them. Hell, we can't beat them (except for UT a few years ago) when they aren't that good. That is what I meant. If we ever had an opportunity to win against teams like Florida and UT, it was over the past few years, but as usual, we crap the bed. As far as this being the year...As a die hard fan, I am hoping it is the year we make the turn. As a realist, and someone who has seen this staff for 3 years now, I temper my expectations a lot.
I hate to say it but you are not going to beat the VOLS, the Gators nor the CARDS. I love the VOLS and i will say GO CARDS when they play the kitty cats.

Like IPartied pointed out, it's pretty obvious what the OP is suggesting. Playing just 1 tough OOC game doesn't cut it for a top team. Again it has nothing to do with UK who is just trying to limp into a bowl. This is more about how the top teams in the leagues should comport themselves on a national stage. I agree with the OP's sentiment that top teams should go out and try to play at least 2 tough games OOC. Granted, we don't always know who's going to be up and down, another good reason to schedule 2 or 3 real programs.
When you play in the top conference it is hard to go out and play a harder team that is outside of your own conference.

When you play in the top conference it is hard to go out and play a harder team that is outside of your own conference.

That's true if you're a bottom feeder team. The top teams in the SEC should have no problem with it.

LOL! now this tops it. Why don't you take on LSU, Bama, GA, TN,, AK aTm. LOL!

We ARE playing Alabama, and we played Georgia and tried to schedule them, they backed out. We even played Texas A&M in a bowl. Did you even read my post? Or are you just trolling?

See i say thats where i say you are full of $hit. yeah you guys beat FL a couple of years ago but they were down that year. this is so funny to me. GO VOLS!!!

Actually you are full of $hit with this one.

FLA was not down that year, they were ranked #4 heading into the Sugar Bowl. They beat five teams ranked at the time of when they played them, including LSU, FSU, and a really good A&.

They had lost one game entering the Sugar Bowl and in most eyes were the next team up for a title game.

If your definition of down is any team ranked outside of the top 3 teams in the country, you got a good point.

I've looked at the 2016 schedule for Louisville, FSU and LSU and have come to the following conclusion.
1. I'll trade non-conference schedules with both schools
2. I'll also trade Bama. Ole Miss, Arkansas and Texas A&M for Syracuse, UVA, BC and Wake.
Neither of your teams play a conference schedule remotely close to LSU's SEC schedule and in Louisville's case non of your OC foes is on the level of Wisconsin on the road
3. Schmidity loves to complain about SEC OC games but he conveniently leaves out any mention of the fact that beyond FSU and Clemson the entire ACC is at best weak and in most cases pussies.

First, it's obvious that you simply came here to start a fight. I'll say it up front: the $ec is the best overall football conference in the land; however, it is also one of the most overrated when you take in the bottom of the conference. There would be no question about $ec overall "toughness" but you continue to keep uahkay and Vandy in the conference so that makes you the pussies. On number two, you are incredibly wrong: I'll say one word, HOUSTON. They'd beat Wisconsin in a heart beat. And, by the way, the administrators of YOUR lsu football program refused to play Louisville a couple of years ago stating that you'd rather play Notre Dame in a bowl game. Now I think that makes you guys the pussies indeed.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
1. UK and Vandy would stomp a mud hole in Wake BC and UVA and would be on par with or better than Syracuse
2. Why should LSU not rather play Notre Dame. Louisville is a lose-lose for any Blue Blood program win and it means nothing lose and it would be an epic embarrassment.

You have just proven you total $ec ignorance with this post. You should really go on back to your own mud hole.

Reactions: atiba and Mayoman
1. UK and Vandy would stomp a mud hole in Wake BC and UVA and would be on par with or better than Syracuse
2. Why should LSU not rather play Notre Dame. Louisville is a lose-lose for any Blue Blood program win and it means nothing lose and it would be an epic embarrassment.

You should have stopped after your first post while you were still ahead.

Anyone that follows college football knows that UK and Vandy are at best on par with the schools you mention, but really UK is one of the worst organizations in any P5 league. Vandy is only a little better than UK both historically and at the present time. It's just silly to suggest UK or Vandy would destroy any other school in the P5.

No one is going to sing the praises of BC, Wake or Syracuse in this thread, but come on.

Didn't say anyone was singing their praises just responding to the tard above who disparaged these 2 programs. My point being that when you play in the acc and are not FSU you can't say anything bad about any school from an big time conference. As an example Wake, BC, UVA and Syracuse were a combined 14 and 34 last year. Their win total included wins over Elon, Maine, Howard, Rhode Island and Army. You are wrong in your assessment. Remember UK and vandy won 9 total games playing in the best conference in the nation and the 2nd best isn't even close while the 4 schools I referenced won 14 games playing in what is by far the worst power 5 conference.

Again you prove your total and complete ignorance by using the term "tard" on this board, OR any other board for that matter. That's a term that uahkay fans use regularly and that speaks for itself. I'm hoping the moderators take note of your stupidity and ignorance. We certainly don't need or want that type of conversation here.

UK almost lost to Eastern KY last year, and beat LA-Lafayette by 7. Vandy beat Middle Tennessee by 4 and lost to Western Kentucky. UK and Vandy are not teams that are going to dominate anybody in other P5 leagues. Both schools would compete with Wake, BC and Syracuse, but the SEC bottom feeders are not curb stomping those ACC schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT