ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield press conference summation

Satt's letter to season ticket holders. I didn't see it posted here. It comes across as pretty sincere to me. I still think he needs to have a big season next year, but I'll try to cool my criticisms.
Eo6Ub15XYAU2dWD

Reactions: PHCARD
The guy was pretty honest the first time he could address these issues. The letter doesn't do much more for me. I don't fall in love with head coaches, so hearing what I heard wasn't a huge disappointment.

It does make me wonder if it was written to more or less appease his managers...

The guy was pretty honest the first time he could address these issues. The letter doesn't do much more for me. I don't fall in love with head coaches, so hearing what I heard wasn't a huge disappointment.

It does make me wonder if it was written to more or less appease his managers...
Yeah, the issue with something that’s written is knowing for sure who wrote it. You can tell more from a verbal response especially when it comes from the heart and not scripted. It didn’t move the needle much for me.

Reactions: zipp
FWIW I think the letter is sincere... I don't think it was written by PR people. What happens with our recruiting class and next Fall is what really matters and what he'll get judged on. Not all the drama of the past few weeks.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Definitely was not written by PR people - the prose was much too simplistic and unprofessional. I guess I can can give the guy a pass because I no longer embrace the idea that a coach is anything but a mercenary. Time to win Scott.

Actually I thought it was a good and sincere letter and I don’t care who actually wrote it. I’ll be at the game on Saturday and hope to see less turnovers. It’s the key to beating WF. Next year should be better. Just my own opinion.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Mayoman
IMO, Satt can do a press conference and talk FB talk x's and o's for hours. But when it comes to other issues, he is very inexperienced. Green as grass. He was trying to speak his truth, failed in doing it properly.

The local and national sports media (sucks) took it and did their normal twists and turns to make it into click bait. I'm taking this apology letter and moving forward, with the hope and support of UofL Football. We can all either be fans or be like that other guy, that tries to destroy for some unknown reason during rough times and good times. :confused:

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
In today's media storm, we tend to grab hold of words and phrases and extrapolate. Satterfield's description of a coaching career is accurate. You retire like Paterno, you get another job, or you get fired.

Stoops at Kentucky is not a good interview. He made a remark during Gran and Hinshaws termination that he didn't have time for the offense. All the world can agree with that based on Kentcky's offensive stats. We know what he meant, but that's a phrase that will be used by every unhappy fan and every opposing coach to a young wide receiver, quarterback, running back and tight end looking for a college home.

If you aren't Steve Spurrier or Nick Saban, a coach likely needs to comment on the game they just played or coming up. Leave everything else up to the public relations folks.

Reactions: gocds
In today's media storm, we tend to grab hold of words and phrases and extrapolate. Satterfield's description of a coaching career is accurate. You retire like Paterno, you get another job, or you get fired.

Stoops at Kentucky is not a good interview. He made a remark during Gran and Hinshaws termination that he didn't have time for the offense. All the world can agree with that based on Kentcky's offensive stats. We know what he meant, but that's a phrase that will be used by every unhappy fan and every opposing coach to a young wide receiver, quarterback, running back and tight end looking for a college home.

If you aren't Steve Spurrier or Nick Saban, a coach likely needs to comment on the game they just played or coming up. Leave everything else up to the public relations folks.

Hey bulloliver40 what’s your take on the uahkay basketball “ills”? Just wondering.

GO CARDS!!!

I was part of that. I was in the Meade County drum line from 1975-79. And the UK drum line in 1979. I remember the battles at the Contest of Champions. Good times.
Our little band from Charlestown In made two visits to Contest of Champions during that same time.

Reactions: Steelers2012
I always said he was here until Mack Brown retired at UNC and I still believe that.
I have the same feeling. The way Brown is recruiting if Satterfield can win at Louisville then it makes for a really easy transition for UNC. Their coaching styles and personalities are similar. Brown has 2-3 year left in the tank. If it happens then he left it Louisville in good shape.

I am really interested in Ledford and Brown. I want to see how the defense progresses and Oline. If it plays out and Satterfield is hired away a internal hire could work.

Hey bulloliver40 what’s your take on the uahkay basketball “ills”? Just wondering.

GO CARDS!!!
I'm one of those guys that grew up in the Hall years so the one and done players have pretty well burnt me out. Haven't watched but three whole games in the last 4,5 years....and I was one of those guys that would stay up late listening to Cawood call the games.
Cats have no point guard, really poor outside shooting and that one.and gone stuff caught up with a team full of freshman small forwards. Bad recruiting + bad coaching equals a 1-4 record that could get a lot worse.

I'm one of those guys that grew up in the Hall years so the one and done players have pretty well burnt me out. Haven't watched but three whole games in the last 4,5 years....and I was one of those guys that would stay up late listening to Cawood call the games.
Cats have no point guard, really poor outside shooting and that one.and gone stuff caught up with a team full of freshman small forwards. Bad recruiting + bad coaching equals a 1-4 record that could get a lot worse.

Totally agree especially on the poor coaching comment. Roll out the ball coaching just doesn’t work.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: billoliver40
Probably not many if he wins.

OR loses. ;)
I still would not be shocked if he leaves this year especially if a Carolina opportunity opens up.

Just heard he was on Auburns list of possible candidates..

Having Sexton as an agent means keep you bags packed..

I still would not be shocked if he leaves this year especially if a Carolina opportunity opens up.

LOL dude Auburn didn't fire a coach for 21 million to hire Satt have a drink and enjoy the BB team .

I would be shocked. Sort of. None of these guys are believable.

He has done NOTHING here to merit a big bucks top10-15 job.

He’s bait.

Reactions: gocds
LOL dude Auburn didn't fire a coach for 21 million to hire Satt have a drink and enjoy the BB team .
I didn't say I believed he would go to Auburn, I said he was listed as a possible candidate which he is.

As far as my first comment, I still wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Carolina team this year if the opportunity presents itself.

And. I will have a drink and enjoy BB if they ever play again. If they don't I'll have a drink anyway..

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT