ADVERTISEMENT

Satt needs to go...

They have to do something on defense. It is not near good enough. They have to completely sell out to stop the run against good teams that is death.

I'm at the game... EVERYBODY HAS LEFT besides uk fans, MOST uofl fans left at halftime but now the rest are piling out along with some uk fans, it's become a rout, and idk what else to do, hope for brohm? Or give him another year since we're young and maybe malik will come back. That's the way Ive been leaning, especially after the last two games. But now seeing this performance, he's definitely bringing up the discussion again about firing him. It's 45-7 right now, like WTF, this isn't acceptable 3 years in a row. Not a single bit of improvement through 3 years against your RIVAL. that's a REALLY big deal, when your barely reaching. 500 in the season.

Writing was on the wall opening night. Need a new DC for sure. Would anybody be upset if Satt found a new job?

A couple wins over tomato cans gave people wrong ideas. They are hopefully back to earth now.

Might sell a couple hundred tickets to a bowl game.

I say Satt needs to stay on the field after the game and watch how the Kentucky team celebrates this win. That way he will see how important this game is to Louisville fans. I also think we need to hire someone with ties to the state of Kentucky who can recruit the state.

Next year was the make and break year for me. With that said you can’t have your team come out in a game like this and play this poorly.

He is going to be forced to do something on defense which is not good.

Reactions: lil2coupe and Deeva
I try to be a fairly level-headed fan. This was inexcusable. I think all options should be on the table. Tonight’s lack of effort goes much deeper than youth, inexperience, etc. The team was totally unprepared and frankly had no fight. And having no fight might be the bigger issue.

Completely disagree. Tonight is bad but let the cake bake for another year.
Damn all you sunshine pumpers into making me think we might have something for the kitties this year. Fools gold. I’m to blame too. I told myself a few games into the season no way would I sit thru another UK thrashing on our home field but yet I bought tickets after our Duke win. Changes have to be made minimum.

I say Satt needs to stay on the field after the game and watch how the Kentucky team celebrates this win. That way he will see how important this game is to Louisville fans. I also think we need to hire someone with ties to the state of Kentucky who can recruit the state.
I couldn’t disagree more. There’s not enough talent in KY to sustain a P5 program. We need a proven Mid to P5 HC, OC, or DC. We need to get a big time recruiter that can work FL, GA, AL.

Reactions: Mayoman
Damn all you sunshine pumpers into making me think we might have something for the kitties this year. Fools gold. I’m to blame too. I told myself a few games into the season no way would I sit thru another UK thrashing on our home field but yet I bought tickets after our Duke win. Changes have to be made minimum.

Hitting reset means we are looking at 3-4 more years at best, if a good hire is made. Tonight sucked and I'm not organizing any parade but this team of 70 freshmen gets another year with this coach. Lose 55-21 or whatever again then we FARRRR that sonofabeyitch

I couldn’t disagree more. There’s not enough talent in KY to sustain a P5 program. We need a proven Mid to P5 HC, OC, or DC. We need to get a big time recruiter that can work FL, GA, AL.
Plenty of talent in kentucky!! You would know that if Louisville actually recruited kentucky

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Depending on recruiting the state of KY for a majority of your players will get you beat worse than what you saw tonight.

There may be....I say may be 2-3 P5 caliber players in this state in any given year.

Normally the best of those are from Jefferson County and the last 4 years....UK has been getting the lions share of the best of them.

TY previous staff for not making those few guys a priority to get and UK scooped them up. But you can't be fooled into thinking there are many Bush's and Brohm's that come along every year. It is more like every 2nd decade or so.

UofL should recruit and build a wall around JC/Louisville to get those 2 or 3 P5 types every year though. And its past time to start hitting Florida hard again. JMHO.

I don’t think you can fire him now for roster/program stability reasons. Also financially it’s too hard.

But, I’m not sold long term. Now he’s god enough to keep us competitive and he’s building a balanced roster. It’s not going to hurt us for another year. But the time is ticking.

We aren’t that talented now. I was thinking 6-6 would be good enough. Tonight worried me due to the effort. Let’s go win the bowl and get those young guys some more practice and experience.

Writing was on the wall opening night. Need a new DC for sure. Would anybody be upset if Satt found a new job?
Word is, that Cutcliff at Duke is retiring. Satt grew up 10 miles from Durham. His parents and extended family still live around Hillsborough. If that job does open up. I'll bet Satt will be on that like hair on soap.

Word is, that Cutcliff at Duke is retiring. Satt grew up 10 miles from Durham. His parents and extended family still live around Hillsborough. If that job does open up. I'll bet Satt will be on that like hair on soap.
Why?

Duke can’t pay him what we pay. He wouldn’t just quit and leave money on the table. He’ll collect what he’s owed. Not to mention, he’s got a good amount of returning production next season and knows we’ll still be in a bowl.

He can get a Duke level job any year, you dont give up the money of a UL job.

Hitting reset means we are looking at 3-4 more years at best, if a good hire is made. Tonight sucked and I'm not organizing any parade but this team of 70 freshmen gets another year with this coach. Lose 55-21 or whatever again then we FARRRR that sonofabeyitch
The team is undersized and undercoached.

The next coach will have a LOT of recruiting to do.

Reactions: maroon79
The most damning thing about last night was the kids weren’t prepared. I am not sure how that happens. It is the 1st game where they didn’t look ready to go.

The other reality is they don’t have the players to play big time football especially on defense. They have to make changes to the staff to get in recruiters. LSU-Florida need to make a run at those staffs if possible.

I do not believe a coaching change is the answer. Is CSS a great coach? No, but I honestly believe that he inherited a bigger problem that most realize. A lot of folks still fail to acknowledge just how young this roster is, a direct result in so many who either “checked out”, or physically left when Petrino disintegrated.

I do take exception to one post game comment that Satterfield volunteered when asked about Levis and the success they had with the Quarterback Draw …… if Scott was surprised to see it, he was not looking at UK film ……. It was a significant part of UK’s offense, particularly in the last part of the season.

• Wow
Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
I am not advocating for replacing Satterfield but something has to change on defense. I agree you can’t do anything with Brown but he needs help in big way.
No other way to put it they were manhandled the entire game.

Help needs to come in either in better recruiting/coaching/transfers. The Dline/CB/LB need a major upgrade in talent. They get that then next year will be good. They have to land a great recruiting class in 23. If none of that happens they will end up at 6-6 with no hope in the future. It will be over.

Last edited:
I am not advocating for replacing Satterfield but something has to change on defense. I agree you can’t do anything with Brown but he needs help in big way.
No other way to put it they were manhandled the entire game.

Help needs to come in either in better recruiting/coaching/transfers. The Dline/CB/LB need a major upgrade in talent. They get that then next year will be good. They have to land a great recruiting class in 23. If none of that happens they will end up at 6-6 with no hope in the future. It will be over.
Not sure that Brown doesn't just need help out the door.

Contrary to that thought, there’s a HC out there that can take that youth and make winners out of them sooner than Satterfield. The thing is we should have been looking for that guy since we came out unprepared against Ole Miss. We had a year to prepare for them and what I saw was a poorly coached them. I waited all season to see improvements and although I saw some, I didn’t see enough, witnessing it in person last night. Second time I have left a game early not with my Cardinal head held high but shaking in disgust.

Financials are the issues. The # of tickets sold to whatever bowl is upcoming are going to be real low.

People have real short memories, for sure. Example, the Ole Miss game was put in the rear view after a nice win over Mickey Mouse U with the miracle TD by the D to win it. Reminder, it was a miracle.

But what's going on in this rivalry has serious staying power and I think next year the guy is going to have zero momentum no matter the bowl result.

No telling what happens with the transfer portal either. Lots of talk pointing to the youth and there may be something to that but how much of that youth is going to reward staff/fans/program or take a hike and get replaced by... more youth?

He lost me with the Ole Miss game TBH. It doesn't mean I didn't root for him since then, I did.

Another thing fans don't see eye-to-eye might be, the standing of the ACC. The league is terrible. I believe this is an understatement. Half these programs are replacing their coaches, 25% should or will soon. That leaves Dabo, Clawson, and the old guy @ Duke. The talent is low, the coaching is bad, and the product is the result of that. Yes Cards smashed some tomato cans but the rest of the games in the ACC were just excruciating even the nail biting wins.

Still love the Cards though! Just dark times. This dude ain't the answer.

Reactions: nccardfan
I'm not sure what the dynamic is between our admin (President/Board, A.D.) and winning. Trust is earned, and they haven't earned it. Two kinds of trust here - Whether we trust them as all-in for UofL, and whether we trust them to have the competence to build our program.

Millions of dollars will not flow into the program due to empty seats in 2022.

As for Satterfield, he's done the bare minimum to come back next year.

Will he take another job on his own during the off-season?
Will we have a bunch of good/young players go to the portal after today's game? Will we lose the few good recruits we have coming in?

What can Satterfield do to change the direction?

He needs a big win to excite the fans. He may not have many opportunities with how bad the ACC is.

I don't know if Satterfield can win back our fans and I don't know whether our admin cares. These are dark times for UofL fans.

I'm not sure what the dynamic is between our admin (President/Board, A.D.) and winning. Trust is earned, and they haven't earned it. Two kinds of trust here - Whether we trust them as all-in for UofL, and whether we trust them to have the competence to build our program.

Millions of dollars will not flow into the program due to empty seats in 2022.

As for Satterfield, he's done the bare minimum to come back next year.

Will he take another job on his own during the off-season?
Will we have a bunch of good/young players go to the portal after today's game? Will we lose the few good recruits we have coming in?

What can Satterfield do to change the direction?

He needs a big win to excite the fans. He may not have many opportunities with how bad the ACC is.

I don't know if Satterfield can win back our fans and I don't know whether our admin cares. These are dark times for UofL fans.
I don’t disagreed with this but the biggest opportunity was last night. A chance to stop the rivalry streak, maybe turn the local recruiting trends, earn a decent, meaningful bowl game. It was all there for the taking and we fell flat.

Here’s another thing that I thought was just weird. I love the Lamar promo and that was for our fans. Last night it seemed by showing Schnellenberger promo and all the great former players, we were trying to prove how great our program is and yet it didn’t translate on the field. Then we bring out both bands together to try to show we respect each other but then we end up with fights and scrums on the field. To me it just made things worse.

I think 6-6 with a game that came down to the wire against UK would of been OK. How they lost is the problem.

What last night showed is they have a major talent issue especially along the defensive front 7. UK and Miss completely out classed on both lines. That is most concerning in year 3. They have made up zero ground on the better teams. Mississippi and UK have more talent and it is not even a debate. Kirby Smart said it best we are really good because of our talent….recruiting never looses. This staff hasn’t done a good enough job in the transfer portal and in recruiting. Until that changes 6-6 is the new normal. That goes for whoever the coach is. You have to have legit talent to be competitive with the better teams.

What talent they have is good enough to be competitive against teams with less or equal talent. Anytime they have faced teams with more talent they have been destroyed.

Hire an OC, Replace the DC. Many issues resolved.
We hired how many DC’s in a short span of time and what did that do. Hiring say an OC when your the guy calling the plays says what? You’re a great HC, you just can’t call plays. All coaches need to have the same philosophies or game plans that compliment each other. A great HC knows who his coordinators need to be. We have been complaining about Brown but yet there has been little change to his schemes. That tells me that Satterfield is either ok with it or doesn’t know enough about defense to make changes himself.

We hired how many DC’s in a short span of time and what did that do. Hiring say an OC when your the guy calling the plays says what? You’re a great HC, you just can’t call plays. All coaches need to have the same philosophies or game plans that compliment each other. A great HC knows who his coordinators need to be. We have been complaining about Brown but yet there has been little change to his schemes. That tells me that Satterfield is either ok with it or doesn’t know enough about defense to make changes himself.
And it just takes a lot of pressure off the coach. Even if CSS calls the plays, having an OC that can organize and game plan can take so much work off the HC.

A HC is the CEO of the game. He has to be over the coaches and players. He’s has to make sure recruiting goes well, training and conditioning is going right, Classroom work is being taken care of, game plans are strong, managing the coaching staff, running practices, and making sure the game is called right on both sides of the ball.

The OC runs the offense. Makes sure the scheme is right overall. Knows the players, depth chart, tendencies, scouts, etc. everything related to offense. He doesn’t have to manage all those aspects of the game. They don’t even have to call plays, they can just make it easier for the HC.

And it just takes a lot of pressure off the coach. Even if CSS calls the plays, having an OC that can organize and game plan can take so much work off the HC.

A HC is the CEO of the game. He has to be over the coaches and players. He’s has to make sure recruiting goes well, training and conditioning is going right, Classroom work is being taken care of, game plans are strong, managing the coaching staff, running practices, and making sure the game is called right on both sides of the ball.

The OC runs the offense. Makes sure the scheme is right overall. Knows the players, depth chart, tendencies, scouts, etc. everything related to offense. He doesn’t have to manage all those aspects of the game. They don’t even have to call plays, they can just make it easier for the HC.
He doesn’t make sure kids are going to classes, they have academic guidance counselors that report back to the coach. Does he clean and mop up the locker rooms too? Maybe that’s his issue, he doesn’t know how to delegate. If he wasn’t calling plays, all he would do is go back and watch the film, which he said he does in his post game presser several times.

He's getting another year unless he leaves on his own.

They will probably get T25 votes preseason if Malik returns and they don't get hurt by transfers.

If they don't improve or end up worse then admin will have no choice but to take hard look at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT