ADVERTISEMENT

Samuels transferring WHY

I think most felt we didn’t utilize him to his full capability, at least that’s what I thought. Could be something totally different or even personal.

I think most felt we didn’t utilize him to his full capability, at least that’s what I thought. Could be something totally different or even personal.
Now Barton Simmons is reporting RS DB Rodney Owens is transferring to a JUCO as well.

Thought Samuels would be kind of a Harry Douglas type player but that never panned out. Lamar occasional accuracy issues were tough on him given his short stature. And Samuels couldn’t break any tackles in space. He would go down on arm tackles.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Trying to use Samuels as a wide receiver was, to me, not a good plan. One, he is just too short for the position and two, Lamar has accuracy issues. We needed to get the ball in his hands to utilize his speed but sending him deep into coverage was crazy. Used properly, he could have taken some pressure off Jackson. I have never really understood our offense with Jackson at quarterback. It relied way too much on him and didn't use our running backs enough.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I think you assessment is correct ncfan. The problem is Samuels is much smaller than our other receivers and he is a risk throwing to on the crossing route (I believe LJ was trying to hit Samuels on this route when the pick six happened against NCState).
Samuels hasn't shown that he a good kick an punt returner, and, while he has speed, he doesn't appear to have exceptional speed.

Samuels had 57 receptions in his U of L career and ONE touchdown receiving. That ratio doesn't get you much PT over other guys...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT