ADVERTISEMENT

Injury status

Jonk71

Getting the Hang of It
Nov 9, 2018
What is the injury status of our key offensive and defensive players going into next weeks game with Miami

This will be key. Duck didn’t look as good this week, so we need Brownlee back. Jawhar getting to 100% would also be huge, as he looked to be lacking his usual gear the past couple weeks.

Generally, getting a few extra days in to rejuvenate can’t hurt across the board.

On the Miami side, they are almost certainly without Emory Williams and will have to go back to Tyler Van Dyke at QB. Leonard Taylor (star D-lineman) also got helped up with an ankle. Injuries could play a big role in this one, will be important to follow closely ahead of game time!

Reactions: CardsFirst
Gotta have him close to 100% at that position. Hope hes good for
Miami!

High ankle sprain was mentioned earlier; not sure now.

In terms of comparison with our opponents; we have been rather fortunate at this point in the season with respect to injuries.

Miami is very physical; with having already qualified for ACC Championship, not sure how JB will respond to snaps for the “walking wounded”. So far he has allowed those capable of suiting up to play as long as they are able to execute.

Ironically, up until the “U” lost last night to FSU, I believe this extended break between games would have allowed JB and staff to focus on Miami …. Now I think there is a chance that our focus will be on UK.

In terms of comparison with our opponents; we have been rather fortunate at this point in the season with respect to injuries.

Miami is very physical; with having already qualified for ACC Championship, not sure how JB will respond to snaps for the “walking wounded”. So far he has allowed those capable of suiting up to play as long as they are able to execute.

Ironically, up until the “U” lost last night to FSU, I believe this extended break between games would have allowed JB and staff to focus on Miami …. Now I think there is a chance that our focus will be on UK.
I don’t think we’ve clinched yet. Can anyone clarify?

I don’t think we’ve clinched anything. UNC won and that was yesterday’s piece. We needed Duke to win.

I don't understand the UNC or Miami issue.

UNC lost to Virginia and GT and we beat both of them.

Miami lost to GT and NC State both of which we beat.
UNC only was two losses. That puts us in a tie if they win out and we lose to Miami. Not sure what the tie breaker is, but just about everyone says we have to beat Miami or UNC has to lose or there’s other varies combinations that haven't happened yet that could work in our favor. Good news is UNC plays CU at CU. They shouldn’t win. Best scenario we beat Miami and be done with it.

Reactions: coachsales
In a way this is good, Jeff can get them to focus on not only meeting Miami (hey its still Miami) but also clinching a championship berth and this should keep the guys eyes on the prize and not look ahead to UK.

Two-Team Tie​

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
  2. Win percentage versus all common opponents.
  3. Win percentage versus common opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage, with ties broken) and proceeding through other common opponents based upon their order of finish.
  4. Combined win percentage of conference opponents.
  5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
  6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT