ADVERTISEMENT

Russ Yeast back on the Team

You did not reply to either comment...

I clearly did not say that Vince is UofL athletics. I said that he is the AD for my school and so he is "our AD", but you referred to him as "your AD", pointedly setting yourself apart from most of the rest of us on here.

As for someone else bringing Petrino into this discussion, which you claim was a failed effort to defeat the argument, my point is that you did the same when you brought Vince into this one, which was an even greater failed point.
No, you incorrectly extrapolated "how I feel about U of L athletics" based on how I feel about "Vince." I simply support one and not the other. Millions of Americans feel the same way about their country and its leadership.

If you're offended by my reference to "Vince", I guess he should stick to his job of raising money. Or in his case, start doing it...

No, you incorrectly extrapolated "how I feel about U of L athletics" based on how I feel about "Vince." I simply support one and not the other. Millions of Americans feel the same way about their country and its leadership.

If you're offended by my reference to "Vince", I guess he should stick to his job of raising money. Or in his case, start doing it...

Concerning Vince doing his job, he certainly did his job on Sunday and he’ll take another major step when he hires the new coach.

As for your comparison of how you feel about Vince with how many people feel about our country’s leadership, the country’s leadership are still “our” President and “our” Senate leader, etc., regardless of whether or not we agree with what they do.

Are all players that transfer considered quitters? Or just the players that transfer from "our" team? Luke Hancock is asking.
That's actually a good question. And I'd say it depends on the context. If they're trying to send a message how unhappy they are, that's quitting. If they're trying to improve themselves and their future opportunities, that's constructive.

I seldom take offense at players who typically transfer. This wasn't typical...

I would like to think that Russ felt that his coaches quit on him and didn’t believe he had a future role with the team. I’m not going to stay where I don’t feel wanted. Players have to make a hard decision to leave and transfer. They have to sit out a year and put their career on hold for a bit. Considering his background I don’t think it was an easy decision “to simply quit on his teammates”

Reactions: BPGhost
That's actually a good question. And I'd say it depends on the context. If they're trying to send a message how unhappy they are, that's quitting. If they're trying to improve themselves and their future opportunities, that's constructive.

I seldom take offense at players who typically transfer. This wasn't typical...
And you know that this wasn’t typical how? Because he had a change of heart based upon the changing of the staff? I suppose you are writing off those 20+ others who requested transfer papers as well?

And you know that this wasn’t typical how? Because he had a change of heart based upon the changing of the staff? I suppose you are writing off those 20+ others who requested transfer papers as well?

Those 20 are QUITTERS :mad:

Players don't typically pack up their lockers and leave. That's emotion and lack of planning. A player who finishes, surveys, and makes a calculated move without ceremony, I'm fine with that and wish him the best.

No chance a group of 20 players--if that's true and not just BS--made those individual decisions simultaneously and independently. Most of 'em need to stay gone, and I don't care who they are. I don't need an 18- or 19-year old sending me a message.

Instead, they're probably getting hugs...

Those 20 are QUITTERS :mad:

I dont know why you liked this Zippo, i was being facetious.

They didnt quit. They wielded power that brought about a desired affect/effect. (Whichever on. Im old. Cant remember. I digress) The removal of Petrino.

Had not Petrino been axed, those 20 would very well blossomed into 40 or more.
Thats impossible to coach under.

Your assertions than Yeast is a quitter is baseless. Players have done this forever. Its me or the Coach. Most time coach wins.

Not this time.
Russ Yeast is no quitter........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT