ADVERTISEMENT

Russ Yeast back on the Team

He's a quitter, and those guys usually quit more than once...

I’d be curious about he was received by players and remaining coaches. His position coach is still in place as is the DC.

His dad probably sees this as an opportunity to get a job with whoever takes over the program.

Objectively speaking, Petrino quit the Falcons I’m the most notorious way possible.
The reason Petrino went to Atlanta--Michael Vick--was taken from him. Nothing was taken from Russ Yeast except a starting job last year.

And it doesn't matter what Petrino did or didn't do anyway...

The reason Petrino went to Atlanta--Michael Vick--was taken from him. Nothing was taken from Russ Yeast except a starting job last year.

More rules according to Zipp. I’m certainly not a Petrino hater, but the reason you just provided for a grown man quitting a highly paid professional endeavor is pathetic. I’m certain Bobby realizes the manner of his departure from Atlanta was childish and unprofessional. Worse yet, it was gutless. I’m equally sure it’s the biggest lament of his career. Yeast is a kid. We will gladly take him back.

Michael Vick was 'taken' from him ?
LoL.

Yeah he was forced to run a dog ring.
See in the NFL theres this thing called the Draft. Petrino was to big of a coward to stick around.

You grow weaker by the day......

Reactions: GoldCard
I'll be more specific...he quit on his team.
That's overly dramatic - particularly from someone who has admitted to never having played a team sport at anywhere remotely close to this level.

I have to believe that you were in favor of bringing back Petrino or at the very least, not opposed enough to make and wear a t-shirt in opposition to it. He certainly quit on his team at UofL the first go around and yet...

I have zero problem with a kid deciding that there might be a better opportunity for him at another school - be it for a position change or playing time. Coaches lie to kids, coaches leave programs when it suits them and kids get recruited over all the time. It's his life and he and his family are in charge of what's best for him - if that's not UofL - then so be it.

I, honestly can see both sides. I played 3 sports from 5YO through High School and never under no circumstances would have left my team (and I played for some God awful coaches). I am raising my 3 boys the same way. Whatever you start, you finish no matter how much you hate it. Yeast should have remained on the team till year end then made a decision. Unfortunately, the society we live in today supports this type of thought process at every level. Either way, I'm glad he's back and hope he can help the team in some way.

More rules according to Zipp. I’m certainly not a Petrino hater, but the reason you just provided for a grown man quitting a highly paid professional endeavor is pathetic. I’m certain Bobby realizes the manner of his departure from Atlanta was childish and unprofessional. Worse yet, it was gutless. I’m equally sure it’s the biggest lament of his career. Yeast is a kid. We will gladly take him back.
You mean it was "childish and unprofessional" for Petrino to use maybe the best player in pro football as the reason he took the Atlanta job? How good is/was Russ Yeast?...

That's overly dramatic - particularly from someone who has admitted to never having played a team sport at anywhere remotely close to this level.

I have to believe that you were in favor of bringing back Petrino or at the very least, not opposed enough to make and wear a t-shirt in opposition to it. He certainly quit on his team at UofL the first go around and yet...

I have zero problem with a kid deciding that there might be a better opportunity for him at another school - be it for a position change or playing time. Coaches lie to kids, coaches leave programs when it suits them and kids get recruited over all the time. It's his life and he and his family are in charge of what's best for him - if that's not UofL - then so be it.
You're speculating... And it's more than you finished with...He wants BACK on the team.

Speaking of which... I've been on plenty of "teams". I don't have to play football to understand the concept. He's entitled, he didn't like things, he had his feelings hurt, I get that. I just don't want THAT BACK on my team...sorry.

And one more divide between your AD and me...

And one more divide between your AD and me...[/QUOTE]

He is UL's AD and based on your thousands of posts, I think you are a fan of UL.......which now includes Tyra.

Reactions: GoldCard
I, honestly can see both sides. I played 3 sports from 5YO through High School and never under no circumstances would have left my team (and I played for some God awful coaches). I am raising my 3 boys the same way. Whatever you start, you finish no matter how much you hate it. Yeast should have remained on the team till year end then made a decision. Unfortunately, the society we live in today supports this type of thought process at every level. Either way, I'm glad he's back and hope he can help the team in some way.

You are spot on! My coaches always said "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"! Wise words.

Seriously? You have concerns with a 19-year old kid quitting late in the season to transfer, but you can rationalize away Petrino quitting on the Falcons before their season was over? That takes some real mental gymnastics.

Seriously? You have concerns with a 19-year old kid quitting late in the season to transfer, but you can rationalize away Petrino quitting on the Falcons before their season was over? That takes some real mental gymnastics.

Consider the source......

This isn't about Petrino, it's about Russ Yeast. I'm not defending anyone else's actions...

This isn't about Petrino, it's about Russ Yeast. I'm not defending anyone else's actions...

Ummmmm, who coached Russ Yeast.
Who recruited and signed Russ Yeast.
Who didnt redshirt him and play him out of position.

Funny that he'll play for "Coach Whammy:, but not the guy with 14 and three quarters years experience.

To easy............

Last edited:
Ummmmm, who coached Russ Yeast.
Who recruited and signed Russ Yeast.
Who didnt redshirt him and play him out of position.

Funny that he'll play for "Coach Whammy:, but not the guy 14 and three quarters years experience.

To easy............
Straw man. Tyra simply hugged him...

I have no issues with young Mr. Yeast. Youth means mistakes. But that aside I’m glad he found his way home. And apparently so is his father and I like that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: earsky
You're speculating... And it's more than you finished with...He wants BACK on the team.

Speaking of which... I've been on plenty of "teams". I don't have to play football to understand the concept. He's entitled, he didn't like things, he had his feelings hurt, I get that. I just don't want THAT BACK on my team...sorry.

Lol - if I understand your post - you're attempting to make being a middle aged guy on the accounting squad as being remotely comparable to a major college athlete. That's laughable and is about as misplaced as many of your takes of late. Try as you might - you clearly don't get dynamic and none of your rationalizations will get you there.

Lol - if I understand your post - you're attempting to make being a middle aged guy on the accounting squad as being remotely comparable to a major college athlete...
You don't know me, you may just recognize me. But I'll ask you this, do I act like someone who "quits"? I'm not sure I've ever experienced it...

You don't know me, you may just recognize me. But I'll ask you this, do I act like someone who "quits"? I'm not sure I've ever experienced it...
Are you a former D1 athlete? If so, I’d love to hear all about your experience in not quitting in whatever sport you participated in.

And even better, you ever play for a negative dick of a coach? I did and got kicked off the team forgoing after the smart ass. I'd rather Russ beat the crap out of Bobby and lardo but the result is the same. Glad Russ is back!

Reactions: gocds
Are you a former D1 athlete? If so, I’d love to hear all about your experience in not quitting in whatever sport you participated in.
Straw man. Quitting has nothing to do with being a "D1 athlete"...

Vince is the AD at my school and for the program I support, and I suspect the same is true for most other posters on here. When you refer to him as "your AD", that seems to say it all in terms of how you feel about UofL athletics these days.

And earlier, when comparisons were being made between Yeast quitting this team and Petrino quitting the Falcons, you said that "This isn't about Petrino, it's about Russ Yeast." But now you are able to bring Vince into this.... Looks pretty inconsistent there to me.

Straw man. Quitting has nothing to do with being a "D1 athlete"...
And being part of some white collar business “team” doesn’t qualify you to talk about what it’s like to be on a team like a D1 college program. If you don’t have the experience - you ain’t qualified to weigh in.

I know it won’t stop you but, you’re not qualified.

Not even a little.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Vince is the AD at my school and for the program I support, and I suspect the same is true for most other posters on here. When you refer to him as "your AD", that seems to say it all in terms of how you feel about UofL athletics these days.

And earlier, when comparisons were being made between Yeast quitting this team and Petrino quitting the Falcons, you said that "This isn't about Petrino, it's about Russ Yeast." But now you are able to bring Vince into this.... Looks pretty inconsistent there to me.
"Vince" is no more U of L athletics than Donald Trump is the United States. You simply wanna regard one of those relationships as inseparable.

Someone else brought up Petrino as an effort to defeat the argument. It didn't...

And being part of some white collar business “team” doesn’t qualify you to talk about what it’s like to be on a team like a D1 college program. If you don’t have the experience - you ain’t qualified to weigh in.

I know it won’t stop you but, you’re not qualified.

Not even a little.
It's not stopping the other "D1 athletes" on this forum. Preach on... :cool:

"Vince" is no more U of L athletics than Donald Trump is the United States. You simply wanna regard one of those relationships as inseparable.

Someone else brought up Petrino as an effort to defeat the argument. It didn't...

You did not reply to either comment...

I clearly did not say that Vince is UofL athletics. I said that he is the AD for my school and so he is "our AD", but you referred to him as "your AD", pointedly setting yourself apart from most of the rest of us on here.

As for someone else bringing Petrino into this discussion, which you claim was a failed effort to defeat the argument, my point is that you did the same when you brought Vince into this one, which was an even greater failed point.

ADVERTISEMENT