ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor on Marshall forum that starting QB Chase Litton is out tomorrow.

I don't want anybody hurt. But, if their starting QB is hurt, that does not enhance their chances to win at all.
The natural reaction is to think this, but it's not always true. Sometimes the unknown player is more difficult to prepare for like Pat White was at West Virginia.

We are playing in the state of West Virginia tonight. I don't like the coincidence. :mad:

JEEZZZ I hope not.

Last thing we need is another reason to overlook this bunch.

Visions of Pat White linger in my mind.
I wonder if UK is the only team some of our fans are not worried about? Marshall's fans themselves are saying this true freshman QB didn't look good at all in garbage time against Morgan State. Now he has to face the Cards aggressive defense and he may be another Pat White?

I wonder if UK is the only team some of our fans are not worried about? Marshall's fans themselves are saying this true freshman QB didn't look good at all in garbage time against Morgan State. Now he has to face the Cards aggressive defense and he may be another Pat White?
Got a proposition for your Real.

You seem to be a true fan and believer. You have loudly claimed that we will beat Marshall with no problems, and IIRC think we will cover easily. Now they may have QB issues to make your thoughts even better.

So here's my deal.... Will you give me Marshall and 31 points....at 10-1 odds?

I will put up $100 and if we cover, it's yours. But if we don't cover, you owe me $1000

Deal?

The Marshall starting QB has great numbers and is their clear starter.

When Bednarik got hurt for WVU he was pretty average and it was also a "during the game" switch to Pat White, tough to adjust for.

The Cards will know who is starting by the opening kick in this instance as opposed to needing to make an "in-game" adjustment.

If the starter is out this is a big break for Louisville.

You seem to be a true fan and believer. You have loudly claimed that we will beat Marshall with no problems, and IIRC think we will cover easily. Now they may have QB issues to make your thoughts even better.

I will put up $100 and if we cover, it's yours. But if we don't cover, you owe me $1000

Deal?
Now why would you do that? Wouldn't you want to win by more than 31 or is being right more important to you? I would have to be an idiot or a millionaire to make such a bet. Betting a fellow Cards fan on how much we win a game is something I have never done or will do. Don't I have good reasons to be confident that the Cards will continue to win big in this game? I If it doesn't happen then all that will happen is I will be wrong. That's certainly better than losing a grand.

The more I think about it, I of course hope Litton's health is sound moving forward but if he is indeed out tonight I am happy. Depth is part of the game and we've had to play short-handed a number of times, it happens to all teams.

If him being out propels us to an easier win good.

I think we need to pressure the FR early and rattle him, and get the crowd out of the game ASAP and do what we do.

Marshall's fans themselves are saying this true freshman QB didn't look good at all in garbage time against Morgan State. Now he has to face the Cards aggressive defense and he may be another Pat White?

I agree with this 100%. Cards are supposed to make it rain on Marshall tonight and I'm on board with that.

I know it's respectful to give opponents some love prior to a game but in this instance the Cards are on a mission and need to come out and do what they do and put on a show.

Now why would you do that? Wouldn't you want to win by more than 31 or is being right more important to you? I would have to be an idiot or a millionaire to make such a bet. Betting a fellow Cards fan on how much we win a game is something I have never done or will do. Don't I have good reasons to be confident that the Cards will continue to win big in this game? I If it doesn't happen then all that will happen is I will be wrong. That's certainly better than losing a grand.
Ok. Just seeing how much you believe.

It's something under 10-1 I see.

FWIW the FSU win is already not looking so hot at USF. The USF QB is killing them too.

It may turn into the same deal as the rain game. FSU just may not be as good as thought.

Sorry to hear for Litton's sake. Hope he recovers quickly and completely. I always want to face our opponents at full strength.

Exactly. Good Lord, If Marshall terrifies him with a backup starting at QB then he must not believe that we have reached big time football yet.

I'll trust my eyes.

Deal?
Wow, what an offer? How about you man up and bet him at even odds? You take Marshall and 31 points. End of story. I got a Hundy in my pocket for you too if you want to wager on the Herd +31.

I honestly think the game will end up something like Cards-38 Herd-13 but I like action.

If the points are a given, I just don't see why odds are out of line. That should just put more money in your pocket.

For the record.....I'll take a 20 point win, with no injuries, and the 3rd and 4ths play the whole second half.

(which is why I would make this bet to start with ;) )

Last edited:
Since you stuck your nose in, give me the 10-1 and you're on. This is all about a guy telling everybody they're nuts to think MU offers any challenge whatsoever. Then wants to laugh it off when asked to give points and odds.

He's already stated the points are no problem. To him it's already over. Done. Louisville covers.

Personally, I think we cover with the QB out. But if CBP decides 21-28 is enough and pulls everybody to save em for CU......

If he REALLY feels that way, why is 10 to 1 a problem? It should be easy money. Shouldn't it? Is 5-1 easier?

I'm just tired people popping off about how we'll destroy everybody, but then we find there is a limit to your confidence.

That's what the Slapdicks do.

I'm in Huntington and will be in Clemson next week, but I've got the "hundy" to spare if you're up to it.
You are off the deep end and if anybody is acting like a UK fan it's you. You apparently don't have very good reading comprehension because much of what you said about my posts is incorrect. I never once called anybody nuts or said Marshall wouldn't be a challenge whatsoever. Most of what I've said is the last four games the Cards have lost in this series have no bearing on this game like so many Cards fan seem to think. I did say I was confident the Cards would dominate but I also said a few times that anything can happen in sports.

As of this supposed wager from you there was no humor in my response to you. I didn't laugh anything off. I was serious on why I wouldn't bet you and besides I don't tend to make bets with total strangers even if I wanted to. And your condescending attitude about people popping off is so hypocritical like you somehow have such legitimate standards because you're more pessimistic. By not making a bet with you doesn't mean there's any limit to my confidence on this game.

I find it so funny that you sit there calling someone else a slapdick when it's you that is calling others names and taking offense because other Cards fans are confident in their teams abilities. I would never for a minute watch a Cardinal game with someone like you. I bet if the Cards don't cover tonight you will come here taking more satisfaction that I was wrong and you were right. All I care about is the win and the freedom to make my opinions available on this forum without being compared to a UK fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT