ADVERTISEMENT

Rodjay Burns decommits; verbals to OSU

I am pretty sure I said if Burns came back to Louisville looking for a job and a Louisville graduate had the SAME credentials I would hire the UL grad. I also think that is normal behavior of any fan to do. Whiting made the right choice by staying in Columbus instead of coming back to Louisville. I think that would be best for Burns as well he would have more connections.

Reactions: American Male
Then you need to talk to all the Alumni Associations across the country because that is what they do. They network and they try to get alumni's from their schools to hire their graduates over somebody else's. I like to hire UL graduates over graduates from other schools.
Let's say for example if James Quick wanted a job and I had the type of company that met his skill set and he was competing against Jason Hatcher.
Without a doubt James Quick or any other UL graduate would get the job over Hatcher. I recommend that most athletes should stay close to the city or town they play sports at.

No, I won't welcome Burns back if it doesn't work out for him at OSU like I said I think he made a huge mistake. He could have played for a coach who has taken care of kids from Trinity instead he will go and get lost in the crowd. I hope he does well in his college career but he sure made it hard on himself and as far as I am concerned he no longer exist.
Koz, I think decommit's occur because they want a paid visit just to visit! I'd do the same even if I was staying home. These are young kids and coach's are helping the out!!
JMO!

I am pretty sure I said if Burns came back to Louisville looking for a job and a Louisville graduate had the SAME credentials I would hire the UL grad. I also think that is normal behavior of any fan to do. Whiting made the right choice by staying in Columbus instead of coming back to Louisville. I think that would be best for Burns as well he would have more connections.

Me too! Ibn Green good example. He is hired by MetroDep and is moving on up pecking order. I have become good friends with him. He comes to Dupont a lot.

It amazes me how many people can't read something without reinterpreting it. Nobody said they wouldn't hire the most qualified candidate but I am sure I could find a qualified graduate from UL. I wouldn't do anything that the Louisville Alumni Association would do or any alumni association from every university in the country.

It amazes me how many people can't read something without reinterpreting it. Nobody said they wouldn't hire the most qualified candidate but I am sure I could find a qualified graduate from UL. I wouldn't do anything that the Louisville Alumni Association would do or any alumni association from every university in the country.

"Qualified" and "most qualified" are not the same thing. And one thing I've learned in 11 years of owning my own business, there are never two people with the same credentials. It is an invalid scenario.

You said you would be reluctant to hire him for a job because he went to Ohio State. I really dislike Ohio State football, but it is a solid university. And I certainly wouldn't put collegiate allegiances ahead of the success of my business.
Exactly. Some kids want to get away from home, and benefit from it. A degree from tOSU is certainly something o be proud of. Good luck to him.

The one thing I have learned in owning my own business for the past 17 years is, if you take good care of your employees you will never have the same problems that other companies have.

I agree wholeheartedly. However that thought has nothing to do with what you or I previously said.

Simply put I would rather hire a UL graduate who is qualified over any other graduate from any other university. I am a supporter of ULA and I support their efforts to make sure UL graduates are taken care of. If I were Rodjay Burns I would make sure that the OSU alumni finds him fruitful employment in Columbus.

Reactions: shutterbug
Looks like 4 star Mullen is heavily leaning towards the Cards. He'll more than make up for losing dream school boy.

Looks like 4 star Mullen is heavily leaning towards the Cards. He'll more than make up for losing dream school boy.

His mom told multiple outlets that UofL isn't in top 3. Who knows? Maybe she is telling the truth, maybe she is trying to create more suspense prior to NSD.

I think he was a backup plan fior OSU if their others feel through. It's not out the question they get some signnees from his position and he comes back.

Apparently he tweeted that he "not flipping". He probably should have said that he wasn't flipping again. Nevertheless he is going to sign with Ohio State. Sorry son, but Kozmas will not be hiring you in the future.

Reactions: BPGhost
You said you would be reluctant to hire him for a job because he went to Ohio State. I really dislike Ohio State football, but it is a solid university. And I certainly wouldn't put collegiate allegiances ahead of the success of my business.
My business works better with local kids.
My customers say oh you played ball for UofL and...

Not me, but I would fire his parents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT