ADVERTISEMENT

Rodjay Burns decommits; verbals to OSU

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Good news, bad news day. We keep Jawon Pass, but lose Burns to OSU. That was pretty expected after they offered, then he visited. I believe he had said OSU was his dream school.

How many times have I heard that OSU was their dream school only too go up there and find out it is a bad dream they have walked into. I think he has made a huge mistake that will dearly cost him and when he finally realizes it I hope CBP doesn't open the door for him and let him come back.

How many times have I heard that OSU was their dream school only too go up there and find out it is a bad dream they have walked into. I think he has made a huge mistake that will dearly cost him and when he finally realizes it I hope CBP doesn't open the door for him and let him come back.

I'm sure you'll be saying that if he were to decide to transfer to UofL down the line

He'll be a Practice Squad Player at tOSU for MOST of his time there...I'd be more PI$$ED if we lost Wakefield!!!

:cool:

I've had dealings with his older family. Don't know about the kid, but I hope his whole family goes to Columbus with him.

Not sweating this one.

Reactions: wilkie01
I have no idea if the kid can play at Ohio State or Louisville what I do know the more traditional programs have a huge advantage in recruiting. Louisville needs players like Burns and Ohio State doesn't. It is exactly why it is so tough to recruit at a high level in KY. There isn't enough talent to sustain either program. Even a small percentage of those players leaving hurts the local programs. Recruiting is extremely challenging at Louisville. It really is a small miracle how successful they have been over the years.

With that said his position wasn't a need and it won't hurt like losing an offensive lor defensive lineman. Best of luck to the kid.

it's been said somewhere before and my apologies but has there ever been a player from here to go to OSU and actually play and do something positive? last washout was whiting wasn't it? his name only came up because he was part of the tattoo scandal i think. never played

Reactions: American Male
look at the players who stayed home and played and how they end up becoming local legends and basically have a job for life as someone in this town will always hire them if they have at least some education to them. you go away and no one cares if you succeed elsewhere. it's congrats to you but you didn't do it for the home team

look at the players who stayed home and played and how they end up becoming local legends and basically have a job for life as someone in this town will always hire them if they have at least some education to them. you go away and no one cares if you succeed elsewhere. it's congrats to you but you didn't do it for the home team
The reality of life is a hard sell vs. the dreams of an 18 y/o.

it's been said somewhere before and my apologies but has there ever been a player from here to go to OSU and actually play and do something positive? last washout was whiting wasn't it? his name only came up because he was part of the tattoo scandal i think. never played

Jeff Ellis, who graduated from Male in the late 80's early 90's. He did rather well at OSU. He's also is the son of the former Louisville great boxer Rudy Ellis.

Well it is being reported by other services that Former Miami 3* Commit CB James Wiggins is coming to Louisville for his last official visit...maybe a replacement for Burns...

The tight end kid years years ago i think he played at male. had a good career their at OSU

No, I won't welcome Burns back if it doesn't work out for him at OSU like I said I think he made a huge mistake. He could have played for a coach who has taken care of kids from Trinity instead he will go and get lost in the crowd. I hope he does well in his college career but he sure made it hard on himself and as far as I am concerned he no longer exist.

Why is there this assumption that if he goes to Ohio State he will be recruited over, won't pan out, will get lost in the shuffle? If he was good enough for UofL, then he is probably good enough to get playing time at OSU. I don't think the separation between UofL and OSU is that great. If it is, then that is a real problem for us if we want to compete for national championships.

Why is there this assumption that if he goes to Ohio State he will be recruited over, won't pan out, will get lost in the shuffle? If he was good enough for UofL, then he is probably good enough to get playing time at OSU. I don't think the separation between UofL and OSU is that great. If it is, then that is a real problem for us if we want to compete for national championships.

Gotta agree...Ohio State saw something in him that he was a take...they just don't give out schollies.

No, I won't welcome Burns back if it doesn't work out for him at OSU like I said I think he made a huge mistake. He could have played for a coach who has taken care of kids from Trinity instead he will go and get lost in the crowd. I hope he does well in his college career but he sure made it hard on himself and as far as I am concerned he no longer exist.
He's a kid, don't hold a grudge because he wants to see if he can play for one of the blue bloods.

He's is a local kid who is probably making a mistake and I don't think Louisville should be his safety net if it doesn't work out remember L1C4.

He'll be a Practice Squad Player at tOSU for MOST of his time there...I'd be more PI$$ED if we lost Wakefield!!!

:cool:
I've seen them play. Physically, Burns is by far the better college prospect, if only because of the size difference, 6'2" to 5'9". The speed is similar. It's a shame UL is not yet a dream school for local kids. I do believe he'll find the depth chart more crowded at OSU even though he is quite capable of playing on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
Well, if it doesn't work out football wise for him then maybe he can be a mortgage loan officer like Whiting is doing in Columbus now.

I can't imagine how small minded you have to be to be bitter about some 17 year old kids you don't know not choosing "your school". Grow up and get a life. You should probably seek therapy if things like that hurt your feelings. Real problems in the world.

Reactions: 65bird
I've seen them play. Physically, Burns is by far the better college prospect, if only because of the size difference, 6'2" to 5'9". The speed is similar. It's a shame UL is not yet a dream school for local kids. I do believe he'll find the depth chart more crowded at OSU even though he is quite capable of playing on both sides of the ball.

Maybe LPT is his dream school

I wrote this in another thread, but we are more and more frequently in the final 3 for kids whose other choices are elite, blue blood programs. It's amazing how far this program has come. Howard's variable seems to be getting smaller each year.

I don't think anyone is bitter I think the better word is disappointed. The fact is I am a Louisville fan and if Burns ends up being a OSU player and then comes back to Louisville after school is over looking for a job I wouldn't hire him. I would hire a Louisville graduate with the same credentials and I think that is something Jordan Whiting experienced. I know it used to be that most college grads got a job within 50 miles of the school they graduated from.

I don't think anyone is bitter I think the better word is disappointed. The fact is I am a Louisville fan and if Burns ends up being a OSU player and then comes back to Louisville after school is over looking for a job I wouldn't hire him. I would hire a Louisville graduate with the same credentials and I think that is something Jordan Whiting experienced. I know it used to be that most college grads got a job within 50 miles of the school they graduated from.

You sound bitter.

I think it is funny that you think someone sounds bitter for being loyal to their local University.

You said you would be reluctant to hire him for a job because he went to Ohio State. I really dislike Ohio State football, but it is a solid university. And I certainly wouldn't put collegiate allegiances ahead of the success of my business.

Reactions: 65bird
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT