ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Coach Crum (1937-2023)

He was like a family member, someone you knew your whole life. Met and talked with him on numerous occasions. Great guy. I hated the way the whole thing went down at the end of his career, but he had given all he had.

If there were a Mt. Rushmore of Louisville Cardinals, he would be #1.

Rest easy, Coach.

Echo all the sentiments shared. One of the best to ever walk a sideline. His legacy and impact on his players, fans, the city and University will live on forever. Will be remembered as a genuinely nice guy. RIP Coach Crum.

Reactions: achilles992000
When I arrived at U of L, our coaches were Howard and Denny. two great men. I was present for the 1986 National Championship as a student and the 1991 Fiesta Bowl as a recent law school graduate. It's so sad they're both gone from this world.

Last edited:
Reactions: shadow force
As a life long UofL fan and grew up watching him coach, I’m heartbroken, RIP Coach Crum thanks for all of the wonderful memories. 😟

Reactions: shadow force
Horrible news to hear. Condolences from Duke fans to his family, friends, and fans. He was a good one. No doubt about it.

Condolences from BBN. He was a great coach. Many UK fans grew to like Coach Crum during all the years of the Joe B. and Denny show. RIP Coach.
You've earned it

Reactions: 73Card
Personal Trainer Paris GIF by Killian

Reactions: Sioux Falls Eric
Thank you Coach Crum. You and the Cardinals made a small kid from Baltimore fall in love with not only the sport of College basketball but the city of Louisville. Thank you for all of the memories, the championships, and for always being classy. Rest easy now. Go Cards!

RIP Coach Crum. A hall of fame coach, a hall of fame person & now he living in his hall of fame home. I can just see him & Joe B sitting on the banks of the Crystal Sea reeling in the biggest largemouth basses that they have ever seen.

I was so fortunate and grateful that Coach Crum’s golden era at Louisville coincided with my college years at UK (1979-84). During that time, I was able to proudly wear my UofL gear on the UK campus. I watched and celebrated UofL’s first National Championship and the Original Dream Game in Lexington. I was and am always so proud to call Denny Crum Louisville’s HOF Coach. RIP Coach; you will be fondly and proudly remembered forever in our hearts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT