ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Bob Knight

Since Bob Knight Indiana has never been the same, like other coaches of his era he became an icon of the sport. He was the type of guy you either hated him or loved him, to me he was the Woody Hayes of college basketball.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
He was part of a time period where you had so many good coaches that everyone knew. Denny Crum, Al McGuire, Bob Knight, John Thompson, Lou Carneseca, John Wooden, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Bob Valvano, etc. Now days I don’t know hardly any of the coaches only a few. I enjoyed basketball a lot more back then, your team stayed together for 4 years.
You got to know the players and watch them develop and you could see your team being built for a title run. The players come and go so quickly now you don’t even remember them after they are gone. The coaches were at their respective schools which seemed like a lifetime.

He was part of a time period where you had so many good coaches that everyone knew. Denny Crum, Al McGuire, Bob Knight, John Thompson, Lou Carneseca, John Wooden, Adolph Rupp, Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Bob Valvano, etc. Now days I don’t know hardly any of the coaches only a few. I enjoyed basketball a lot more back then, your team stayed together for 4 years.
You got to know the players and watch them develop and you could see your team being built for a title run. The players come and go so quickly now you don’t even remember them after they are gone. The coaches were at their respective schools which seemed like a lifetime.
Bob Valvano???

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
Since Bob Knight Indiana has never been the same, like other coaches of his era he became an icon of the sport. He was the type of guy you either hated him or loved him, to me he was the Woody Hayes of college basketball.
Aptly put. He was a great BB mind who sought out knowledge from the legendary minds of the game. I learned a lot from the couple of years I was able to get his coaches show at IU that helped me understand the game better.

OTOH his arrogance was a major turnoff, especially his disregard of women's BB. We all have our warts, his were all too often on full display.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT