ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino To St Johns

yay, it ends the "let's bring him and what was the name of the ad who wouldn;t fire him back" i forgot his name, forgot that regime, forgot them completely and now the talk of them can be officially over, dead, done, gone, that man aint walking thru the door lol

yay, it ends the "let's bring him and what was the name of the ad who wouldn;t fire him back" i forgot his name, forgot that regime, forgot them completely and now the talk of them can be officially over, dead, done, gone, that man aint walking thru the door lol
Exactly - who needs a HOF coach with multiple seasons being the last one standing?

You “forgot” them sooooo much - you waited all of 60 seconds to tell us - lol. Quick tip - the opposite of love isn’t hate - it’s indifference.

I'm curious to see what will happen. No one questions his coaching ability.

To me, Pitino's achilles heel was the people he surrounded himself with late in his UofL career. He spent 4+ years with McGee and was apparently blindsided. The assistants who allegedly paid Bowen's family.

Will he learn to pick better assistants?

It's in his favor that with NIL, there is a lot less to keep track of as far as NCAA violations.

No jvr, CRP was not guilty of any of those accusations, and the record supports that fact, regardless of those who continue to repeat the innuendo, rumors and lies from those who orchestrated his firing. Look no further than his hiring at Iona and subsequent placement at St John’s for evidence of his exoneration.

Pitino acknowledged his responsibility for negligence as HC of his assistant coaches; something other coaches were equally guilty of, but were never subjected to this persecution. Larranaga is an example of the disparity in treatment, as he never left his job despite what occurred at Miami.

If you want to blame someone, start with the “Clown Show”and their rush to judgement in terminating TJ and Rick before the facts could be sorted out.

Man, I haven't posted here in years. Good to see all the old faces still hanging around. I don't have much to say about basketball these days. I'm glad people still enjoy it. The WHOLE state of Kentucky should be forever grateful for Rick Pitino. The city of Louisville should be forever grateful to TJ.

I'm glad to see RP being able to take it home with SJ. Well deserved.

Man, I haven't posted here in years. Good to see all the old faces still hanging around. I don't have much to say about basketball these days. I'm glad people still enjoy it. The WHOLE state of Kentucky should be forever grateful for Rick Pitino. The city of Louisville should be forever grateful to TJ.

I'm glad to see RP being able to take it home with SJ. Well deserved.
Been awhile since I have posted here. Lurking a bit. I hope RP does great. Like you, I am grateful for him resuscitating our program.

Been awhile since I have posted here. Lurking a bit. I hope RP does great. Like you, I am grateful for him resuscitating our program.
When all the turmoil was going down, it was easy to see what was happening. All the exaggerated outrage...I knew the sun was setting on the program(s). In time, in some ways, it made the early success so much more enjoyable. Fond memories of watching some great games with friends...
RP, TJ, Denny, BP. They all rose to the challenge and brought glory to the University through hard work and dedication. Just thankful I was there to witness it. :)

Farewell fellow Cardinals. You have much to be proud of. We soared to unbelievable heights. We shot for the moon and made it. In a few short years from now, all universities will be nothing but the past.

Not too sure about “all universities.” Something tells me the big and adept will survive and prosper. That used to be us or at least what we strived to be…

While the incredible level of tone-deaf arrogance at Alabama is on full display as they refuse to acknowledge the elephant in the room (could not pass that up), UL sits at home for doing what some believe was the honorable thing to do by “cleaning its program up”.

Alabama continues to sit at the very top of the college football food chain, and has every intention of doing what ever is necessary to get its basketball program at the same elevated position.

I totally disagree with the Tide’s decision to play Miller, considering his participation in a murder, but aside from that school‘s poor judgement, there is an underlying message here for UL fans about self preservation versus following peer pressure.

The reason that I raise this point, and use the contrast between Alabama and UL, is to highlight the pessimistic approach that Zipp and others have expressed about the future of UL sports. This university has learned nothing from its mistakes, and seems to be consumed with filling its Administrative positions and it’s BoT with people more interested in being WOKE than advancing what is in the school‘s best interest.

Simply stated, UL sent a powerful message to the college sports world, when firing arguably two (2) of the very best at their respective trades; TJ as AD, and HOF RP as our college basketball coach. Adding insult to injury, we allowed a vagabond President to run off a promising AD in Vince Tyra, and an upcoming young basketball coach named Chris Mack prior to her own self planned exit.

Mack may not be any Rick Pitino, but he was a lot better qualified than Kenny Payne. I sincerely hope Kenny can turn this around, but if he cannot do it, I doubt this University will have the where-with-all to make a change.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
Not too sure about “all universities.” Something tells me the big and adept will survive and prosper. That used to be us or at least what we strived to be…

You use to be good at recognizing a future bankruptcy when you saw one. :) But it's already happened Zipp. It really started about the time we took a fall. But teaching as you and me know it is dead and over. You can learn more on YouTube in 60 minutes than you can at university in a year. And it's free. Who knows, maybe Google and Microsoft will start offering scholarships. :)

AI is going to be a major problem for Universities. They are going to have to adjust but they really don’t like change.

The question is will employers stop caring about a college degree.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
Hope isn’t a plan, but I generally don’t wanna deprive people of it. The lack thereof can cause depression and anxiety.

Inasmuch as U of L is my alma mater and there’s no other school for me to root for, I maintain hope for something unexpected and unlikely. Maybe like a Jeff Brohm going 10-2 and playing for a conference championship.

But make no mistake, U of L athletics has set itself up for nothing good to happen. We’ve taken some curveballs and swung and missed at damn near every one. Some on purpose. We are to blame for most of our misfortune, and I see nothing compelling that tells me that’s changing.

At this point, I simply take advantage of the rare opportunities we have like women’s basketball and resort to hope for most everything else. Maybe at some point, dumb luck will come into play in our favor…

Even the haters recognize that Rick will be successful in identifying FF talent, coaching them up and ultimately making St John’s a formidable opponent in the NCAA tournaments.
Rick Pitino is a cheating rat bastard that left UofL holding the bag. He ain't worth any of our concerns and any school that hires him will eventually get exactly what they deserve. Now, I believe he is one of the great coaches of all time and that is the tragedy of his basketball coaching career. He never, never had to cheat but he did in both his professional AND personal life. His reputation is totally tarnished and UofL, and me, as a lifelong fan, deserve a helluva lot more. And so do you. PS I'm not sure why he is getting ANY attention from UofL fans.

GO CARDS!!!!

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Rick Pitino is a cheating rat bastard that left UofL holding the bag. He ain't worth any of our concerns and any school that hires him will eventually get exactly what they deserve. Now, I believe he is one of the great coaches of all time and that is the tragedy of his basketball coaching career. He never, never had to cheat but he did in both his professional AND personal life. His reputation is totally tarnished and UofL, and me, as a lifelong fan, deserve a helluva lot more. And so do you. PS I'm not sure why he is getting ANY attention from UofL fans.

GO CARDS!!!!
So what do you say to Luke Hancock? Russ Smith? All of RP's former players here? Are they deserving of your respect? Do they not know more about the coach than you?

You have every right not to personally like RP, but this notion that he's some moral outrage that everyone else should hate is ridiculous. The man has a record number of former assistants who have made it as major head coaches who all give him the credit for their success.

His players all love him, Tom Jurich loves him. He would still be here if not for Andre McGee. Cards fans still talk about him because he provided entertainment and success here. And we know just how relevant UofL basketball would still be with him here.

@gocds we all love you, but Pitino was never personally responsible for anything "cheating" related as a basketball coach at U of L.

His personal life isn't my concern. And he may have been negligent, naive, or however you wanna refer to his NCAA issues. Cheating is not on that list, and we have the NCAA's own investigations to verify that...

GO CARDS!!!!
Is there room for one more in your safety bubble of unicorns and rainbows? Better yet, just get me 10ccs of ignorance so I can experience the bliss you do. Look around, the world is run by cheaters and liars.

Last edited:
GOCDS, As Zipp stated so well; we love you!

With that said, you directed your comments to me so, I will respond to your points with the same respect that I would share with all of my good friends:

Technically speaking Pitino was NOT the one “who left UL”, as he and his boss (TJ) were both FIRED by the President of the University, and the Board of Trustees, two of which who used their own personal vendetta towards Jurich, to turn our basketball program into the dumpster fire that has not yet been extinguished. In truth, it is Postel, Grissom and Schnatter who left UL “holding the bag”.

I said it when it happened, and I will repeat what is now a matter of record ……. this University’s rush to judgement resulted in removing quite possibly the nation’s best college AD, and arguably the best college BB coach in America.

I lost all personal respect for Rick when the Sypher story became public. Aside from his infidelity, his subsequent participation in the abortion as a way to hide his guilt, is what I found to be most inexcusable and deplorable. With that said, I am not his judge, and what he did away from the campus on his own time in the evenings, had nothing to do with where this UL basketball program is right now.

You can hate on Pitino all you want, but there is absolutely no evidence to support your belief “that Pitino left us holding the bag”.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
I'll wrap my Pitino analysis with this... I want him coaching my basketball team, not coaching my children on morals and values.

And I'm OK if some consider that compartmentalizing. IMO it's the only way to look at it in the real world. One job can pay a lot of money while the other generally doesn't...

Reactions: 2330859
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT