ADVERTISEMENT

Rhode Island loses, Nail in coffin for Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
This is the 2nd bid stealer. And in a real ironic twist, Davidson wins the game by heaving the ball down court with less than 1 second on clock.

Not to be negative, but no, Louisville will not be in the tourney.

I'm ready to get this season over with anyways.

Cheers to new beginnings.

Who knows. Oklahoma has won 2 games since January 30th with some blowout losses. They have lost 12 of their last 16.

Saint Mary’s has 2 losses against 177 and 141 rpi teams. 24 of their 28 wins are against 100+ rpi. Anyone would be 28-5 or greater with their schedule.

I find it hard to believe the committee has them in over us.

Rhode Island shouldn't even be a state. It should be part of Massachusetts or something. Screw them.

Seriously, the Cards should get in over OK.

This is the 2nd bid stealer. And in a real ironic twist, Davidson wins the game by heaving the ball down court with less than 1 second on clock.
This is just the Final Act. Your guys put all the nails needed in the coffin several months ago...

parade%20of%20fools%202_zpsdkfvdkfu.jpg

This is just the Final Act. Your guys put all the nails needed in the coffin several months ago...

Typical of a Jurich-first fan. I'm sure all this delights you greatly. And while we are at it, let's set the record precisely straight. None of this ever comes to pass without repeated and historic scandals from the Ole call coach we recycled from Lexington.

Reactions: chevelle99

I know. When Pitino and Fair decided hop on the 5 star “Tugs” boat, it sank the ship. Damn shame Pitino couldn’t smell a fish when it was right in front of his nose.

Typical of a Jurich-first fan. I'm sure all this delights you greatly. And while we are at it, let's set the record precisely straight. None of this ever comes to pass without repeated and historic scandals from the Ole call coach we recycled from Lexington.
I know. When Pitino and Fair decided hop on the 5 star “Tugs” boat, it sank the ship. Damn shame Pitino couldn’t smell a fish when it was right in front of his nose.
I don't recall fans rising up and demanding the immediate termination of Pitino. One of you please link that for me. And do either of you believe Pitino would have coached this team into the NIT? You're missing some key facts.

This is your group of misfits. Own their results...

Owning the results and being smug about them are different things. And what Pitino would have done with this team became irrelevant when he decided to have a major scandal every other year. Kind of like asking what Bobby would have done with the Kragthorpe teams after Bobby decided to leave. Both choose other opportunities.

I don't recall fans rising up and demanding the immediate termination of Pitino. One of you please link that for me. And do either of you believe Pitino would have coached this team into the NIT? You're missing some key facts.

This is your group of misfits. Own their results...

I don’t know any fans that had an issue with Pitino’s dismissal.

Reactions: GoldCard
Owning the results and being smug about them are different things. And what Pitino would have done with this team became irrelevant when he decided to have a major scandal every other year. Kind of like asking what Bobby would have done with the Kragthorpe teams after Bobby decided to leave. Both choose other opportunities.
Pitino didn't "decide" anything. He didn't know what was going on. That's a different indictment.

You can't keep your facts straight, and you wanted change. Well you got it. Welcome to these guys and the NIT. As they say, "be careful what you ask for..."

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

Reactions: jimmy5-11
Pitino didn't "decide" anything. He didn't know what was going on. That's a different indictment.

You can't keep your facts straight, and you wanted change. Well you got it. Welcome to these guys and the NIT. As they say, "be careful what you ask for..."

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

Your rhetoric is as weak as it is tired. My facts are perfectly straight. When you are in charge and you never know anything, you are either complicit and lying or too dumb/naive to be in charge. Thus, he did choose his own fate. Nobody wanted Pitino gone so long as he could avoid the rather trivial detail of embarrassing the city and university every chance he got. No dice.

The timing of the transgressions by Pitino’s staff and his lack of oversight and poor hiring was terrible. Timing is a terrible thing
Deflection... The "timing" issue was Pitino's termination, not when prior events had taken place.

You can't change history, but you can damn sure control your future. Your clown show wanted Jurich out and couldn't wait anymore than they could wait to remove banners.

Your rhetoric is as weak as it is tired. My facts are perfectly straight. When you are in charge and you never know anything, you are either complicit and lying or too dumb/naive to be in charge. Thus, he did choose his own fate. Nobody wanted Pitino gone so long as he could avoid the rather trivial detail of embarrassing the city and university every chance he got. No dice.
Your clown show was in charge and acted when it wanted to act. They brought down your basketball season. Assume that's what you wanted...

Beginnings_zpspill7bd2.jpg

Don’t forget, Zipp is a Pitino AND Jurich apologist. He is thrilled with this season’s results

Don’t forget, Zipp is a Pitino AND Jurich apologist. He is thrilled with this season’s results
Welcome to the message board! I'm surprised you know so much about me already.

And nice run thru the football school basketball tournament.

Slapdck%20Dogpile_zpsqxo6oosh.jpg

Reactions: STLNBSE
Deflection... The "timing" issue was Pitino's termination, not when prior events had taken place.

You can't change history, but you can damn sure control your future. Your clown show wanted Jurich out and couldn't wait anymore than they could wait to remove banners.

Nope, the timing was the transgressions and the resulting FBI inquiry. Perhaps going after a 5 star a few minutes after going on probation was a bad move. Horrible timing indeed!!

Reactions: Simple_Man
Your clown show was in charge and acted when it wanted to act. They brought down your basketball season. Assume that's what you wanted...

Well there was also that whole pesky timing issue of when the FEDS released the findings. And this isn't my clown show so stop pretending I endorse the current administration when all I've ever said is let's see how they do over time. Mostly meaning Tyra.

Nope, the timing was the transgressions and the resulting FBI inquiry. Perhaps going after a 5 star a few minutes after going on probation was a bad move. Horrible timing indeed!!
Again, link me references to fans demanding Pitino's immediate dismissal. You can't because it didn't happen. That was your clown show in action, and it sent you to the NIT. Congrats again.

Well there was also that whole pesky timing issue of when the FEDS released the findings. And this isn't my clown show so stop pretending I endorse the current administration when all I've ever said is let's see how they do over time. Mostly meaning Tyra.
Well then we'll just credit knucklehead. Regardless, THEY put you in the NIT with actions they had control of. They took lemons and threw them in the garbage. Pitino simply handed them the lemons.

Well then we'll just credit knucklehead. Regardless, THEY put you in the NIT with actions they had control of. They took lemons and threw them in the garbage. Pitino simply handed them the lemons.

Fair enough

Again, link me references to fans demanding Pitino's immediate dismissal. You can't because it didn't happen. That was your clown show in action, and it sent you to the NIT. Congrats again.

You are the one trying to create some alternative narrative. Provide links!! The timing of this was horrible!!

I wasn’t a fan of how the current Board came to be. Provide links to prove otherwise!

Zipp, its pretty stupid to blame anyone for this mess BUT Rick Pitino! He definetly should have been fired....whether he knew or not...he hired the guys and wasn't watching over them. Pitino put this program in the mess it is in. Even if they kept Pitino, the next 2 years going to be bad no matter what. Now I will say the mistake was hiring Padgett...they should have hired Tom Cream for a 2 to 3 year contract. I admit initially I wanted Padgett and did not want Cream...but looking back....that was big mistake.

You are the one trying to create some alternative narrative. Provide links!! The timing of this was horrible!!

I wasn’t a fan of how the current Board came to be. Provide links to prove otherwise!
You're a clown show apologist, and you've always been. But that's not the issue. No one else demanded Pitino's immediate termination. Your boys caused this now...

Plausible deniability is a choice. And a poor one by RP.

The BOT's decision to kill the golden goose (TJ) was also a poor choice, whether it be by design or ineptitude.

Where do we go going forward? We will only be hampered by UK loving pols in Frankfort who do not have the university's or city's best interests at heart. We have a tough row to hoe in the near future. I guarantee future appointments to the BOT will heavily scrutinized. Local leaders and alumni need to stand up to Bevin and Frankfort on this issue and hold them accountable. The last I heard, Bevin wants to be re-elected.

The timing of the malfeasance was horrible. We all agree on that. To be so cavalier right after being placed on probation was horrible.
Your clown show was in control of the timing. They eff-ed that up like everything else they do.

Stooges%2002_zpsqwkhd8pn.jpg

Reactions: vivid_red
Your clown show was in control of the timing. They eff-ed that up like everything else they do.

Stooges%2002_zpsqwkhd8pn.jpg

Pitino really effed up by pursuing “Tugs”. Probably could’ve waited until say...we got off probation. The timing was impeccably bad.

Pitino really effed up by pursuing “Tugs”. Probably could’ve waited until say...we got off probation. The timing was impeccably bad.
You were probably one of the clown fans asking for better recruits. Pining for 5-star kids got you into this mess. Can't believe how much of this ish you're responsible for...

You were probably one of the clown fans asking for better recruits. Pining for 5-star kids got you into this mess. Can't believe how much of this ish you're responsible for...

Nah. I don’t follow recruiting very closely. It is a shame that Pitino and Fair went down this road though. A grave mistake especially when on probation.

Nah. I don’t follow recruiting very closely. It is a shame that Pitino and Fair went down this road though. A grave mistake especially when on probation.
Pitino had nothing to do with it. No proof at all he knew anything. But of course a clown show apologist would smear the facts. It's that thing you do...

215px-That_Thing_You_Do%21_film_poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT