ADVERTISEMENT

Refs suck

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
The officiating in women's basketball are the worse of any sport I've seen in my life. Not just today but every single women's game I've watched. Jackson didn't foul and that was not a charge at the end. Some homecourt advantage. This has just been a nightmare season for Cards hoops.

Reactions: delrio and Deeva
The officiating in women's basketball are the worse of any sport I've seen in my life. Not just today but every single women's game I've watched. Jackson didn't foul and that was not a charge at the end. Some homecourt advantage. This has just been a nightmare season for Cards hoops.
Agree, however the idiot announcer just agreed with both calls. He sounded like he was half lit

Reactions: delrio
The call against Jackson was questionable but understandable. The charge was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. All day long DePaul players were pushing off defenders in the lane and there were no calls. Then they call a charge where both players are running in the lane? It was either a no call or a blocking foul.

If the NCAA doesn't get a handle on the refs women's BB will not grow. Just horrible. Although DePaul held, pushed and over the back without calls. There were questionable calling on both sides. Just horrible. And yes the inbounds ball call could have gone either way I guess, although from where I was sitting it looked like Jackson had position, but the offensive foul call was complete and total BS.

In both the men and women's game if a player loses their balance and falls to the floor and there's a defender right there it's almost always called a foul. Jackson went for the ball but it was over her head and the DePaul player had to stretch to catch it and lost her balance. The ref just assumed she was pushed and that was what he called. Jackson should have not gambled there but she's a gambling type of player and if it weren't for her in the 2nd half, the Cards would have lost by ten.

The charge call on Hines-Allen was deplorable. I can hear Jay Bilas now. Three defenders went to draw the foul on Hines and that's why I believe the ref blew the whistle on her. He assumed she charged because she went ahead even with three defenders trying to stop her. Coach Walz should have pulled a Mike Davis and ran out on the court after that ref. The game was over at that point anyway. That was two bad calls in the last 15 seconds to go against the Cards. I for one don't know how these coaches don't lose it with these refs.

But this is 2016 and not the year for Cards hoops. But with both teams looking like they are going to be loaded next season, hopefully the BS will be over and we can get back to challenging for national titles.

The reason the girl lost her balance was because it was bad pass and she stuck out her leg to try and balance herself plus she was trying not to go over and back. But the contact was made because she stuck out her leg that is not a foul just like shooter kicking legs out. What was deplorable is all the calls made by ref furthest away from play when there was a ref closer, why didn't ref that gave inbounder ball make that call she was right there. What about all the bump fouls with our girls having hands straight up but we have girls being knocked to floor but nothing !!!! All i know those refs will get harassed the next time i see them at yum center next year!

Last edited:
The call against Jackson was questionable but understandable. The charge was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. All day long DePaul players were pushing off defenders in the lane and there were no calls. Then they call a charge where both players are running in the lane? It was either a no call or a blocking foul.
Agree!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT