ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

I thought Tennessee was their “rival”?

Oh, I forgot. If you don’t win once in a while it’s not a rivalry.

Hopefully, we get to that point and they are not our “rival” and Clemson is.

Reactions: gocds
We’re supposed to beat UK, the media has never cared when we beat them. It’s notable when they beat us, that’s the difference.

Our goal now is to start being competitive yearly with Clemson and FSU.
I feel year in year out we’re very competitive with FSU. Even when they were rolling with Jimbo we were super competitive and even won a couple times. We get them this year 100%. (In my opinion)

UK has crushed us twice in a row. We need multiple best-downs of those Hilljacks just to get the bad taste out.
I expect us to get back to doing that, but again our program shouldn’t be built looking at another program that’s below us on the food chain.

We have the staff and theyll bring in the right guys. They’re one game on the schedule. Losing to them means we had bigger problems than just beating them, but they’re being fixed. We are on the way back up after small bump in the road.

Louisville and Kentucky kids will at least be invested emotionally in the rivalry.
Obviously I'm an outsider but what you just stated is the same stuff we hear out of South Carolina fans when they're trying to convince themselves that the low 3 star in state kid they landed will somehow help them beat Clemson. The reason I bring this up is because South Carolina and Kentucky neither produce a ton of instate high end talent which is why Clemson has shifted its recruiting philosophy. We used to all believe you had to win the state but now we just laugh at that notion. Kids want to win games regardless of where they came from.

Kentucky almost never beats us when we are good. That’s the reality of the modern series. They are thumping their chests now for a very rare two game winning streak consisting of one one against a coachless 2-10 team and another against a rebuilding first-year coach aided by deplorable playing conditions. In short, things will return to normal soon and they ain’t $hit to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT