ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News

cards_win

800+
Apr 6, 2006
Rick Pitino was in New Albany, Indiana Friday night to watch New Albany High School star sophomore, Romeo Langford. Langford was offered a scholarship after the game. The story I heard from some members of the N.A. teaching staff close to Romeo is that he is leaning toward Duke at this time. When I asked about his grades, I was assured they were outstanding. Supposedly the Blue Devils had an assistant at the game as well (though not Coach K). But, he is only a sophomore; still plenty of time to get him on board.

I've seen Langford twice now; a 6'4" guard/forward who has to play inside on defense because of the Bulldog's lack of height. He is a tremendous leaper with a sweet shot, takes it to the basket well, long arms, good defender and one of these effortless players who make the game look easy. He is currently second in the state of Indiana in scoring. He scored only 18 tonight against Silver Creek, 12 shy of his average. He is very unselfish for the number 1 rated Bulldogs; a more selfish player with his talent would have had 30 easily tonight. Still, his 18 points just broke the Bulldog's single season scoring record, and New Albany has been playing basketball at a high level for about 100 years now.

I also heard that the son of New Albany's all-time leading scorer, Chad Hunter, is a 6'3" star 8th grader at Scribner (N.A.) Middle School, Julian Hunter (a name to remember for the future). He and Romeo will join forces for the next two years to keep New Albany at the top of the state's rankings.

They have only a couple of regular season games left, and their sectional tournament games will be played at Seymour, where they will be heavy favorites to advance to the regional. I encourage any and all Card fans, if they get a chance, to take a look at his kid.

GO CARDS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnKBA
Sorry. You are correct, it was a home game. I didn't go to that one, just the game tonight at Silver Creek. I corrected my original post.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommodoreCard
I coach HS ball in Indiana and have seen Romeo for two years now. Scouted him a handful of times and seen him play 10-15 times. He is a great kid with a bright future. Duke and Florida are supposedly his "dream" schools, that's the word around town at least. He is an outstanding defender, leaper, scorer and leader. Gifted with a very smooth skillset. His length could be very effective defensively. Looking forward to seeing where he ends up in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT