ADVERTISEMENT

Quiet before the game.

I'm not confident at all so it's a really good thing I'm not playing. Taking a rookie coach and a bunch of frosh (who make up the bench) on the road to play in Rupp spells disaster IMO.

It HAS been unusually quiet in my world regarding the game this year. I can't remember a time with less discussion about the game. Both teams really haven't shown much this year, so it's hard to come up with an educated prediction. Gun to my head, I would pick UK just because it's at Rupp combined with Padgett's lack of experience.

Pitino had experience and could not win in Rupp (during the Cal era). Same ole same ole for Cal... A new crop of freshman.

We get to see if the team has learned anything since the Purdue game. Another road test.

In my opinion, Louisville has more overall talent and a better team with some upperclassmen.

Cards should have confidence.

Pitino had experience and could not win in Rupp (during the Cal era). Same ole same ole for Cal... A new crop of freshman.

We get to see if the team has learned anything since the Purdue game. Another road test.

In my opinion, Louisville has more overall talent and a better team with some upperclassmen.

Cards should have confidence.
No disrespect, but you all might have a better team?? I don’t know? But I do know you all don’t have a more talented team. The good thing for you guys I guess is the most talented teams don’t always win, just like the better team sometimes takes an L

Quite on both boards. No one wants to get the "foot in mouth" disease
Both teams so unpredictable at this time. I live out of state and not so much
in touch, but one thing for sure. There will be many "I told you so" about 3:00
P.M. Friday. My money is on "Keep in the bank".

No disrespect, but you all might have a better team?? I don’t know? But I do know you all don’t have a more talented team. The good thing for you guys I guess is the most talented teams don’t always win, just like the better team sometimes takes an L
It did last year!!! Other than your coach who caters to freshmen, most college coaches would have Adel, Snider, and Ray starting over your guys...possibly Anas also. I would feel pretty confident if this were a neutral court game, you kids will definitely feed off of the crowd.

It did last year!!! Other than your coach who caters to freshmen, most college coaches would have Adel, Snider, and Ray starting over your guys...possibly Anas also. I would feel pretty confident if this were a neutral court game, you kids will definitely feed off of the crowd.

I think you could be right as of now..........Washington and Richards are so unsteady..........
May be different in three months. Knox and the 3 Gs are maturing well.

Quite on both boards. No one wants to get the "foot in mouth" disease
Both teams so unpredictable at this time. I live out of state and not so much
in touch, but one thing for sure. There will be many "I told you so" about 3:00
P.M. Friday. My money is on "Keep in the bank".
Same here.
I didn't hear much at any of the family functions aside from the loss to UCLA. I don't believe this is becoming just another game, IMO neither side is quite sure what they have.

Reactions: poppycat
I'll start some stuff:

If KY wins.....bbn will get petty mouthy after the game saying they knew they would win all along due to (sic) superior talent and coaching..

If UofL wins......its because the refs cheated in favor of the Cards. It is what it is.

This years game is one of the most "toss up,' games I can remember for along time. Lot's of extenuating circumstances going into this game.o_O

My hope is that the foul situation is called fairly and that neither team experiences an injury. Play ball.

Reactions: SoulSr
I don't think cat fans have latched into this treat yet like in years past. We've had a very strange schedule to this point as well. Only one really big marquee game so far. There have also been a couple stretches in the schedule with no games. This season just feels strange.

On the card side , I imagine all the drama has had some sort of affect on excitement. All in all this year's game just feels off. I'm sure everyone will fall in line tomorrow afternoon. Good luck and let's hope for no injuries

The matchup predictor on ESPN gives the Cards a 36.2% chance of winning the game. That's not very good if you're a UofL fan.

UofK should win and we'll all get to hear the comments during the game about the UofL prostitute scandal, along with the FBI investigation from the announcers and the classless UofK fans; especially coming from the student section. I'll keep my vomit bag close.

It's quiet because enthusiasm for the program is currently low. Too much off-court problems. The outlook for the immediate future of the program is not good, so it's hard to get fans to get fired up about much of anything with the program.

As for the specific match-up, I think the excitement is low also, it's kind of just a "played-out" game. UK has a revolving door for all key players, UofL is also starting to lose guys earlier to the pros. There just isn't much of "remember when player X got into it with player Y last year" that rivalries in sports used to have.

The buzz just isn't there. Apparently the networks agree - the game is being played on a Friday afternoon - I know it is holiday time but that's pretty much treating the game like an appetizer for the bowls and NFL final week playoff deciding games on Sunday.

Long story short, nobody really cares except for all of their fans and a few UofL fans. True story.

Reactions: Bank Cat
It has been quiet across the board.. Maybe this is the first year that winning this game is not that big of a deal. Meaning some small bragging rights from both fan bases but nothing crazy. Both teams will look totally different in 2 months..

1. I think Snider is the key to the game and is better than UKs point guards
2. Dang Adel will have a big game in my opinion
3. If UK can get UL bigs in foul trouble I think it changes the complexity of the game
4. Cal will play some Zone allowing UL to get some second chance points and maybe heat up from the 3 (UK is still not good at defending the perimeter)
5. I think DP will have the UL players playing looser than other years
6. This will be a sloppy game IMO and should be a 4-5 point game either way..

Hope the game is clean and no injuries!!

Reactions: Steelers2012
It's quiet because enthusiasm for the program is currently low. Too much off-court problems. The outlook for the immediate future of the program is not good, so it's hard to get fans to get fired up about much of anything with the program.

As for the specific match-up, I think the excitement is low also, it's kind of just a "played-out" game. UK has a revolving door for all key players, UofL is also starting to lose guys earlier to the pros. There just isn't much of "remember when player X got into it with player Y last year" that rivalries in sports used to have.

The buzz just isn't there. Apparently the networks agree - the game is being played on a Friday afternoon - I know it is holiday time but that's pretty much treating the game like an appetizer for the bowls and NFL final week playoff deciding games on Sunday.

Long story short, nobody really cares except for all of their fans and a few UofL fans. True story.
Spot on. I think nationally this game needs pitino. It might never be the same

Spot on. I think nationally this game needs pitino. It might never be the same

I don't think "hate" of having polarizing coaches makes the rivalry. It's more about a lack of multiple local players on both rosters, and/or multiple Jr/Sr players that have competed in the game for a few years and actually developed a real relationship as opponents one way or the other.

The fans hate each other, that's nothing new, and it's just not enough to make the game move the needle.

There are exceptions, and you'll see those exceptions on message boards, but that % of the fans is a very small blip of broad fan bases.

Reactions: cdbearde
It HAS been unusually quiet in my world regarding the game this year. I can't remember a time with less discussion about the game. Both teams really haven't shown much this year, so it's hard to come up with an educated prediction. Gun to my head, I would pick UK just because it's at Rupp combined with Padgett's lack of experience.
Both teams are sub par

One key reason, stated by UofL players themselves last season, the Cards beat Uk was because Pitino was calmer than usual going into the game which led to the team playing looser than they typically have against the Cats.

I can't imagine Padgett making this Cards team play tighter than most of the Pitino led teams against Uk. However since the game is at Rupp- and our coach is as green as they come, I have to give Uk the edge. But if the Cards pull out a win I won't be totally surprised.

Waning interest in college basketball generally and this so-called "rivalry" specifically. If it wasn't for the obsession of slapd!cks, I'm not sure where it would rank anymore.

Tickets on Stubhub today as low as $66. Duke @ North Carolina in about five weeks start at $370. Sorry slappies, your rivalry is also second-rate...

Same thing happened in boxing. I bet 9.75 out 10 couldn't name the past 5 years of heavy weight champions.

And we're a city that had the greatest HW champion. Who also happened to be the most recognized person in the world at one time.

Last edited:
Waning interest in college basketball generally and this so-called "rivalry" specifically. If it wasn't for the obsession of slapd!cks, I'm not sure where it would rank anymore.

Tickets on Stubhub today as low as $66. Duke @ North Carolina in about five weeks start at $370. Sorry slappies, your rivalry is also second-rate...

Ticketmaster list tickets from $120 to $1667 for a 1:00 tip off . Some good bowl games on.

Vividseat lists Duke vs UNC at $400 to $1600 for 8 PM tip

Offered not sold...........just saying...........figures may lie and liars may figure

Well Z if anyone would know obsession, it's you. Keeping the rivalry alive one "sloppy" post at a time. You do your part.

Reactions: BlueUKats#9
I used to laugh and joke to my UK fan friends that they spent the first month or two of each season under Calipari trying to memorize the names of their players. This did not necessarily mean I didn't know their names but hypocrisy is a necessary component for this strange semi-literate rivalry. LOL, well it finally happened. I know Knox and Greene - and I could not for the life of me identify one other player. Oh, and Gabriel, my bad - the sole returnee. Everyone else is a stick figure.

Who is Uk's worst player or a bench player that usually barely plays? If history is any indication, that guy will have the best game of his career against UofL then never play that well again. Lol.

I'm half joking but it's happened tons of times for UK, at least in recent memory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT