ADVERTISEMENT

Quentin Snider

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
In just over a week Q is going from back up PG to starter/much bigger role. It appears he will be getting his chance this season instead of the next. I think he can do well but I will not push too many expectations on the guy. He's a freshman that is now being thrust into a larger, key role. I'm really pulling for Q and know there will be growing pains for him and the team with the departure of Jones.

This post was edited on 2/22 9:52 PM by shadow force

Snider is the future. It will be good for him to start seeing a lot of meaningful minutes.

A huge opportunity for Q. I am just hoping he "plays within himself" and doesn't try to do too much. This team is going to have to pull together collectively in order to help fill the void of CJ.

It would be nice to see the light at least flicker for Gill and some of the other guys on the bench in order to take some of the extra added pressure off of Q.

Memo to Wayne Blackshear: This is it.... Now or never.
This post was edited on 2/22 10:41 PM by LouisvilleKid79

Snider will probably be up and down.

The reality is this team's mental state has been blown up.

Losing Jones is a killer. His on-ball defense is really something - look at the last game, holding Rodriguez to a 1-12 game LOL... the guy has put the clamps down on 90% of the opposing PGs he's matched with. He can also get his own shot with the shot clock winding down. He's an older player, so physically he was just so much further along than Snider.

There is a flicker of good news, IMO.

#1, after UK, the rest of the field is far from impressive. I mean really, UVA is a stall ball 1 seed and Gonzaga is another 1 seed with their own limitations. Duke is locked in, but they've under achieved recently in the post season and with their youth are no cinch.

What I'm getting @ is, it's wide open. We've still got a 1-2 punch that can do some damage. We are certainly capable of losing the first NCAA post season game we play. That's obvious. But, it is still possible this team could come together because of this, in a way we haven't really seen all year.

Either way it's house $ Shadow, we've been riding high for awhile now. I kind of like us as an afterthought. Send us out west, let's see how it goes.

The veterans will have to step up and execute. We will have to hit shots and free throws. Snyder and Levitch will have to hit some shots as well. It's possible. It will take tremendous focus and concentration.

Originally posted by turducken71:

The veterans will have to step up and execute. We will have to hit shots and free throws. Snyder and Levitch will have to hit some shots as well. It's possible. It will take tremendous focus and concentration.
At this time of year, there are no more freshmen. Q has has almost a full year to prepare for this and he has been thrust into the fire feet first whether he's ready for it or not.

We're about to find out a great deal about this team IMO. How will the players respond to losing Jones for good? We'll see.

His flip from Illinois is looking bigger every day. Good luck tonight Q!

Solid game from Q tonight. I thought he looked really good and poised. A few mistakes as expected for a freshman.

Nice job Q.

I'd like to see him make teams pay at the foul line.

He has a skill to get to the paint he's going to get FT attempts. Hopefully those missed FTs will eat him up and he'll make them moving forward.

I think he did a good job keeping us in the game mathematically in the first half when everybody else was laying eggs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT