ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 0-3 to 3-3 with and a blowout win vs BC.

Might be wise and also fair to let him get more than 1 recruiting class in first. Ask the opposing coaches on Purdue’s schedule what they think of Jeff. He’s done a fantastic job so far and his future is bright.

Teams in need don’t have the luxury of “waiting” for coaches like Brohm to prove his worth over a period of years. Do that and you end up with another retread.

Not sure anyone understands just what a tough job Purdue Football is in 2018.

Why is Purdue such a tough job? Would love to see you elaborate on that.

Pay out to Pitino will happen since the evidence is coming by Addidas and Bowen's dad that Pitino had no knowledge of the pay for play.

Reactions: zipp
BP, I disagree with you on Grissom he didn't like paying Mack the money but he had little choice. I think it would cost more for a football coach and I don't think they will fire Petrino because of the buyout. They are probably hoping he will violate his contract somehow.
However, as stupid as the people who are running the show there handling of Jurich & Pitino shows they don't know what they are doing. They claimed Pitino & Jurich were fired because of contract violations but we are finding out they were wrong. Now we have to pay for 2 AD's and 2 basketball coaches. What next 2 football coaches and their staff's.
How do you know he had a problem with it - was there a statement from him that I missed? Brohm is not going to cost Louisville more than Petrino does now, and certainly not in the long run when you factor in the lost revenue that is going to be experienced by keeping him around.

Firing Jurich was the only mistake - Pitino isn’t getting paid - he’s responsible for the actions of his assistants.

Ironic that you call someone else soft when you're still crying because TJ got fired.
Who?? I love talking about Fanboy. Whatcha wanna talk about?

Oh that's right, you've got me on ignore... :cool:

Well, first purdue is still in big time rebuilding mode (not his 5th yr.....and we saw his body of work at WKU) and could have won on all 3 of those...unlike us against Va., BC and GT. They have turned their season around....ours imploded. Feel free to think Brohm is not a good coach. I think you are in the minority.
Brohm's final year at WKU, they lost to Vandy and Louisiana Tech. Oh that's right, they beat--wait for it--Memphis.

I like Brohm a lot. I just push back (like always) against our ridiculous fans who have no middle ground or even a comprehension of what that is. Brohm is today's example. Like I said, Eastern Freaking Michigan...

grissom was out to sack Ramsey, Jurich, Pitino and Petrino. He obviously wasn’t concerned about the potential ramifications of the money in those situations. There’s one name left on his list and I don’t see money suddenly becoming a problem for him now.

I sincerely doubt that he was against the hiring of Mack - if he was, the deal wouldn’t have gotten done. I sincerely doubt that he’d be against the firing of Petrino and the hiring of Brohm as it checks off more boxes for him.
You can believe what you wanna believe. "De-emphasizing athletics" says more to me than four guys he wanted to kick to the curb...

Brohm's final year at WKU, they lost to Vandy and Louisiana Tech. Oh that's right, they beat--wait for it--Memphis.

I like Brohm a lot. I just push back (like always) against our ridiculous fans who have no middle ground or even a comprehension of what that is. Brohm is today's example. Like I said, Eastern Freaking Michigan...
Zipp - you undercut your point when you discuss the middle ground. No offense but, you couldn’t find the middle ground with a team of Sherpas all packing GPS.

He isnt a Cards fan.
He is a University of Jurich-Pitino fan.
Oops, fan card check!

I didn't see anyone who looked like you at last week's baseball practices. Was this you?

Screen_Shot_2018_02_07_at_12.01.34_PM.0.png

You can believe what you wanna believe. "De-emphasizing athletics" says more to me than four guys he wanted to kick to the curb...
I’ll believe in the facts of what happened. You keep holding on to your spin of events.

Reactions: HRTheCard
He's elevating people ABOVE the University.

NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE UNIVERSITY.

I hated to see Coach Crum fired, however it was time for a change.

Its one thing to disagree.
He is just a bitter contrarian all because of the two former afformentioned AD and BB coach. Now he's holding on to Petrino.

He needs to accept reality.
Hey, I'd like to see U of L shell out $18 million to sign Brohm to a $5 million contract in a month or two. I like Brohm, and Petrino will become even more of a millionaire.

And Fanboy will be left to oversee the wreckage of U of L's athletic finances that he had a big hand in creating. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. And you think I liked talking about Bailout Arena...

Two%20slapdcks_zpsnzawskih.jpg

Selective facts. Arent you a stinker.

Brohm's final year at WKU they went 10-3 and tied for first. Won his bowl game.

Petrino's only year at WKU they went 8-4, finished third and NO BOWL GAME.

Keep digging.......

I’ll believe in the facts of what happened. You keep holding on to your spin of events.
You're trying to predict facts. "De-emphasize athletics" and Gruesome stonewalling over Mack's salary...those are facts.

Zipp - you undercut your point when you discuss the middle ground. No offense but, you couldn’t find the middle ground with a team of Sherpas all packing GPS.
Brohm's a slam dunk hire for $18 million.

A P5 .500 coach.

Gotta admit, THAT's middle ground...

Brohm's a slam dunk hire for $18 million.

A P5 .500 coach.

Gotta admit, THAT's middle ground...

5 yrs experience vs none for Petrino when he was hired.

Maybe he is .500 because HE COACHED UNDER PETRINO FOR 5 YRS.

Apple dont fall far..........

Five years ago, actually 12 years ago we thought CBP was a GREAT coach. People were giddy when it was learned that TJ was talking to him.

Now, many of the giddy can't wait to see him ousted. If not for LJ it probably would have come earlier.

Now, some of the same people want to say Brohm is a great coach.

It takes time to find out if somebody can build, and MAINTAIN, a program. Time has shown that there's a good chance CBP can't.

Brohm seems to have PU competing and playing hard, but he hasn't had enough time to prove he can.

Four years from now Purdue might pay to get rid of him. It's a funny business.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Everybody relax. When I win Mega Millions Tuesday night I've got $50,000,000 to give. Hell, I'll buy everyone on this site their season tickets next year. I like my chances, too, about 400 million o one. The same as bobby being fired this year.

Everybody relax. When I win Mega Millions Tuesday night I've got $50,000,000 to give. Hell, I'll buy everyone on this site their season tickets next year. I like my chances, too, about 400 million o one. The same as bobby being fired this year.
Oh he won’t be fired this year - it’ll be after the regular season.

I've read the contract verbatim. That's why I like Pitino's case...

From this thread, I know that the “middle ground” is very important to you. So I say read the contract again, but make sure you take off your anti-Tyra/anti-Mack glasses. And then read to it to Kozmos.

Pay out to Pitino will happen since the evidence is coming by Addidas and Bowen's dad that Pitino had no knowledge of the pay for play.
Kenny(1300) and Fair(900) have messed that up again for the school and Rick. would love to say if true but when it comes to U of L and accusations we seem to be always caught with our hands in the cookie jar fact

Really - from who exactly? Link?

Hard to believe you are actually arguing that grissom didn’t want Mack and somehow got overruled. :rolleyes:
Well it wasn't just me... I thought you were joking about this NOT being discussed.

LINK

From this thread, I know that the “middle ground” is very important to you. So I say read the contract again, but make sure you take off your anti-Tyra/anti-Mack glasses. And then read to it to Kozmos.
What's Tyra and Mack have to do with Pitino's final contract? Have you lost track of the debate too?

If you wanna talk the specifics of that contract, I'll be here...

What's Tyra and Mack have to do with Pitino's final contract? Have you lost track of the debate too?

If you wanna talk the specifics of that contract, I'll be here...

Specifics of the contract have already been discussed. You seem to lose all perspective when it comes to the monitoring staff portion of his responsibilities. You’ve already said you hope Pitino gets every dime. The only rational explanation for this is that you are so upset with UofL that it has blinded you from any objective interpretation of the contract.

Well fellow Card Fans, I love watching Collegiate Sports as much as you all do. However, Collegiate Sports are not the primary purpose of any College or University. Creating better citizens, leaders, expanding knowledge and creating Renaissance Men and Women are the first priorities of any institution of higher learning. Now with that said, I think Collegiate Sports do serve a purpose in building character. But remember this students use to play these sports for free and the love of sports. Just like most of us did in our youth, high school and adult lives. I think giving young men and women the change of getting a degree is a wonderful think. But they must remember they must have honor, integrate, role model citizenship, and a desire for good grades and to make the world a better place. Somehow we have allow the balance to swing to win at all cost. That is why the University is in the problem with the NCAA right now. So BOT is right to be correcting this mess, repairing the culture and repairing the problems.

Well fellow Card Fans, I love watching Collegiate Sports as much as you all do. However, Collegiate Sports are not the primary purpose of any College or University. Creating better citizens, leaders, expanding knowledge and creating Renaissance Men and Women are the first priorities of any institution of higher learning. Now with that said, I think Collegiate Sports do serve a purpose in building character. But remember this students use to play these sports for free and the love of sports. Just like most of us did in our youth, high school and adult lives. I think giving young men and women the change of getting a degree is a wonderful think. But they must remember they must have honor, integrate, role model citizenship, and a desire for good grades and to make the world a better place. Somehow we have allow the balance to swing to win at all cost. That is why the University is in the problem with the NCAA right now. So BOT is right to be correcting this mess, repairing the culture and repairing the problems.

No thoughts about this?

Specifics of the contract have already been discussed. You seem to lose all perspective when it comes to the monitoring staff portion of his responsibilities. You’ve already said you hope Pitino gets every dime. The only rational explanation for this is that you are so upset with UofL that it has blinded you from any objective interpretation of the contract.
I don't get influenced by anything except information and facts. I've read Pitino's contract, and the with-cause language is ambiguous re. members of his staff committing violations. It's going to require interpretation, and you don't know how that's gonna turn out any better than I do.

And I've already clarified my opinions re. the lawsuit. I'm not interested in doing Pitino any favors, but I'd enjoy the hell outta the clown show getting what it deserves. That has no bearing on how I read a contract...

A link to the premium board is not exactly what I was talking about - lol. Was it reported in the media?
I have no specific recollection, but I thought there was a newspaper account that the Board was reviewing the contract Tyra proposed. I know they publicly put the brakes on the announcement.

You need to join the premium site. It's where some of us do our best work... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT